do You have a Denim Vest with Band Patches? What clothes for gigs?

Started by everdrone, April 07, 2014, 12:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

if so, Pics?  I am thinking of getting one and wearing to gigs.  shows my influences "on my sleeve".

this guy on ebay has a ton of my fav bands: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2054897.m570.l1313&_nkw=black+sabbath+hugh+patch&_sacat=45100&_from=R40

maybe ill get the big black sabbath master of reality one for the back, and my other fav bands Orchid and Sleep and the like

then git this denim vest one size big: http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Black-Denim-Jean-MV107/dp/B001L9O3KM/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1396846733&sr=1-8&keywords=Men%27s+Black+Denim+vest

liquidsmoke

It's become kind of played out in recent years but I have a black denim shirt I cut the sleeves off that serves the same purpose. I am most proud of the big 'Claw Tower' Orodruin back patch I made from a shirt and NOS Sign of the Hammer Manowar patch. I don't really wear it that much but did for awhile.

I tend to dress like I normally do for gigs- jeans and band shirt although I usually wear a bandana to keep my hair out of my face and to reduce the puffy frizz that happens when I sweat balls loading our gear.

Jake

poop.

MichaelZodiac

^ I had the same issue.

Who cares what you wear for a gig? Just wear what you normally wear. If that's a denim vest covered in patches so be it. I went to a hardcore show after my high school graduation, moshing in a suit was kinda awesome.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

everdrone

I suppose my next question is that I wear glasses when Im not wearing contacts.  the denim sleeveless vest is kind of biker looking. I have no visible tattoos; what if I wear the vest and have glasses on?  is that a fashion fopaux?  F-police please help me for my next gig!!! :)

RAGER

Get some temporary tattoos for shows when you wear your sleeveless vest. Glasses are ok as long as they are black rimmed or something ironic like Tootsie glasses.
No Focus Pocus

Jake

If I were to recommend an outfit for whatever heavy metal red carpet you're attending, it'd have to be something like a cute little cocktail dress, your highest "fuck me" pumps, and a duster made of whale hymen.

Also, if you want everyone to know that you are into niche bands like Black Sabbath, try to begin every sentence with something subtle, like "I like Black Sabbath."
poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

Rock and Roll shouldn ot be a fashion show but it often is. Just look at the original punk scene.
CV - Slender Fungus

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

everdrone

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 07, 2014, 11:28:08 AM

The back is a huge Bethlehem patch. Ewiz, etc.

very cool, thanks

I dont like wearing my black frame emo glasses cause they are a bit heavier than my executive glasses and move around a bit when I am looking down or moshing

I have a cleancut executive "number two on the clippers" military type haircut; just need a bandana like this and then it will be legit without the fashionable fake tattoos, I WILL LOOK DOWN :)

uz guyz will be jealous ;)

VOLVO)))

That isn't a bandana, that is a pair of gun ranges. (ear protection)
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

everdrone

cool, I may get a bandana

p.s. yall should see the 'duds' Wino was wearing at the Spirit Caravan gig I saw last month

blast from the past, straight out of the 70s!  I was close to looking for fish swimming in platform shoes

liquidsmoke

Dude, just wear whatever you want. If you dress 'too normal' some assholes will notice. If you dress 'too cliche' rocker/metal/whatever some assholes will notice. Like with anything in life, you can't win so don't worry about it.

I must say, Wino looks fucking awesome this tour. I know that's gay to say but whatever. More than that he sounds awesome of course. Spirit Caravan just fucking rules all around.

Quote from: Jake on April 07, 2014, 10:50:50 AM
If I were to recommend an outfit for whatever heavy metal red carpet you're attending, it'd have to be something like a cute little cocktail dress, your highest "fuck me" pumps, and a duster made of whale hymen.

:D

thestone

Whenever i really have to strut my stuff and don't want to worry about my glass I just wear my rec specs.  Nothing beats them, period.

everdrone

SPIRIT CARAVAN ROCKS!!!  I do like hidden hand better though with WIno, truth be told. ya Im gonna get my shizzle 2gether for gigs, though I could pull off more of an affliction or emo look easier  ;D  seriously am gonna get the vest/patches eventually, and maybe stay away from Wino's tasseled sleeveless/shirtless vest thing :)

Mr Neutron

"Where words fail, music speaks."

liquidsmoke

JemDooM

Get some temporary tattoos for shows when you wear your sleeveless vest

Lol!

I always wear jeans and a loose black vest, shoes off always, I like to be as comfortable as possible, I had my first show in a dress last night, it worked out pretty good :)
DooM!

mortlock

a dress made from the skin of sacrificed virgins, I hope.. ;)

Soberskipper

This is the best thread ever... On any board... since the conception of the internet.