Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodShifter

Well, I care.

For me, it's a little bit of both. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, though.

The Shocker

I'm pretty much not going to watch a movie if certain people are in them:

Nic Cage
Will Smith
Denzel Washington
Kate Hudson
Sarah Jessica Parker
Cameron Diaz

RAGER

The cast is extremely important.  Not just to me but to most people I'm sure.
No Focus Pocus

GodShifter

Of deaner's list, Cage, Hudson, and Diaz are the ones that scream "stay away!!". Especially, Cage.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is in nothing but utter shit, it seems.

RAGER

Quote from: deaner33 on January 27, 2012, 10:29:04 AM

Nic Cage
Will Smith
Denzel Washington
Kate Hudson
Sarah Jessica Parker
Cameron Diaz

I am Legend is good movie IMO.  Will Smith
Almost Famous is awesome.  Kate Hudson
Wild At Heart rules.  Nick Cage
Something About Mary is hilarious.  Cameron Diaz

Drawing a blank on the other two though
No Focus Pocus

GodShifter

I think early in his career, Nicolas Cage was a good actor that chose interesting projects for films. But everything he does anymore is complete trash. It's very obvious he will do any movie for the $.

RAGER

I always wonder what goes through their mind as they see the final cut of a complete turd.  Are they just surrounded by that many "yes" people.  Looks great Nick!!  I think we got us a blockbuster here buddy!!  Way to go!!
No Focus Pocus

CanookieWookie

Quote from: RAGER on January 27, 2012, 11:48:26 AM
The cast is extremely important.  Not just to me but to most people I'm sure.

And yet you can point to drivel like I Am Legend with Will Smith , and Something About Mary with Cameron Diaz (two astonishing actors)?

I suppose we all have our opinions.  To each his own.

RAGER

I've never accused you of having a sense of humor.  Something about Mary is gut bustingly funny and had a great cast.

Deaner is the one that doesn't like Will Smith not me.  I am Legend is a great movie and was hugely successful.  But probably not in Canadia

But yeah opinions.......
No Focus Pocus

CanookieWookie

I Am Legend was horrible. Just because it made money doesn't mean it is or was good.

This, imo, was way way better.

I have a great sense of humour, for instance I love Dumb & Dumber, & Airplane etc...  But Something About Mary was crap, and the cast did not do anything to make it anything special. 

Sorry, you cannot always be right.  I've learned that, you should too.

Hence why we all have different opinions...

GodShifter

I Am Legend was quite good, in my opinion. But, then again, I loved Omega Man with C. Heston, so ...

GodShifter

Your image didn't show up there, Will. What movie was "way way way better"?

(P.S. I didn't like "There's Something About Mary" either.)

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: deaner33 on January 27, 2012, 10:29:04 AM

Nic Cage
Will Smith
Denzel Washington
Kate Hudson
Sarah Jessica Parker
Cameron Diaz

I never watch a movie that Sandra Bullock is in.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

The Shocker

I'm talking current output.  Nic Cage was brilliant in Raising Arizona, but that was close to 30 years ago.
Something About Mary & Almost Famous were good, but they were made over 10 years ago..

Will Smith just bugs me.  I can't prove it, but I bet they changed the ending of I Am Legend just for him.

Yeah, Sandra Bullock is on my list too.

GodShifter

I was trying to think of one good movie with Sandra Bullock in it. I came up with Crash which I thought was good. An ensemble piece, so she couldn't do too much damage with that one.

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: GodShifter on January 27, 2012, 02:44:29 PM
Your image didn't show up there, Will. What movie was "way way way better"?

(P.S. I didn't like "There's Something About Mary" either.)

Omega man

GodShifter

Huh, I just typed out a 3 paragraph comparison/criticism of I Am Legend vs. Omega Man and lost the whole thing  >:(

Fuck it. I like both for different reasons, essentially.

CanookieWookie

The problem (well there are a few) but the main thing was the CGI people looked so cheap.  It was boring, Will Smith is an ok actor, but to me, not the right guy to be in a movie like this.

GodShifter

Yeah, the CGI wasn't great and there were some big problems with a lot of "logic" in I Am Legend, but, in many ways, it was more compelling than The Omega Man. I think the mutant people in IAL were pretty grating/unnerving which is exactly what they should have been. Blah blah blah...

Anyway, as I said, I did a much better job earlier, but lost it all so, oh well. :-\

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on January 27, 2012, 09:58:30 PM
Yeah, the CGI wasn't great and there were some big problems with a lot of "logic" in I Am Legend, but, in many ways, it was more compelling than The Omega Man. I think the mutant people in IAL were pretty grating/unnerving which is exactly what they should have been. Blah blah blah...

Anyway, as I said, I did a much better job earlier, but lost it all so, oh well. :-\

Damn, I would have liked to read that.  I'm serious.

GodShifter

Sorry, bro, that was a "perfect storm" type of deal. I doubt I could replicate it if I tried now.

The Shocker

Ah well.  Just watched Bellflower - I thought it was pretty fucking good.  Some sexy chicks in the movie didn't hurt.

RAGER

Quote from: deaner33 on January 29, 2012, 07:47:06 PM
Ah well.  Just watched Bellflower - I thought it was pretty fucking good.  Some sexy chicks in the movie didn't hurt.
Seriously?  I thought that movie fukn blew for the most part.  Wish they had more of the car in it. 

Me and willb agree on this.  weird
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

I just saw killer elite last night. It was ok