RAGER

Got Dream House on netflix the other night.  it was meh
No Focus Pocus

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on March 19, 2012, 02:41:50 PM
Got Dream House on netflix the other night.  it was meh
that movie is a pile of crap

The Shocker

Decent low budget horror movie about people that go missing in a tunnel.  A little slow for the first third of the movie, but it does get pretty creepy.  Some clunky dialogue, but not terrible.

The cover art above pretty much has nothing to do with the movie.

neighbor664

The Shocker

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on March 19, 2012, 01:48:49 PM

Decent comedy. I love Charlize Theron so even if it's a terrible movie i'll still watch it because of her. Basically, its about this woman who receives an email from her exboyfriend thaty shows the announceent for the birth of his new child. She(Theron) takes this as a chance to go back to her hometown and try to win her ex's heart back. What made Theron's role great was that she was an alcoholic and she constantly made an ass of herself because of it. It even caused her to sleep with Patton Oswalt.

Is it out on dvd yet? Really looking forward to it.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: deaner33 on March 21, 2012, 08:27:18 AM
Quote from: whoshotthefrog on March 19, 2012, 01:48:49 PM

Decent comedy. I love Charlize Theron so even if it's a terrible movie i'll still watch it because of her. Basically, its about this woman who receives an email from her exboyfriend thaty shows the announceent for the birth of his new child. She(Theron) takes this as a chance to go back to her hometown and try to win her ex's heart back. What made Theron's role great was that she was an alcoholic and she constantly made an ass of herself because of it. It even caused her to sleep with Patton Oswalt.

Is it out on dvd yet? Really looking forward to it.

Yes sir. I got it through NetFlix last week.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Orthodox Caveman

The last film I've seen, was 'Sleepaway Camp'. Watched it last night. The ending scene never fails.
The Power Of The Riff Compells You!

Lumpy

Bellflower - I loved it. They over-sell it as an action piece (well, with that awesome car anyway) when it's better understood as a character-driven drama. The Village Voice said something like "the unrestrained raging psyche of a 13 year old boy" -- pretty good slant.

Margot at the Wedding -- I loved it. From the writer-director of "The Squid and the Whale" Noah Baumbach. Character driven family-based drama/dark comedy (I did laugh a couple times). Squid and the Whale was about a divorce, this one is about (wait for it) a wedding.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Ryno

Been checking out a lot of docs through Netflix lately. A couple of them that I recommend HIGHLY:

"Being Elmo". The story behind the puppeteer, Kevin Clash, who developed Elmo on Sesame Street. The story itself is pretty cool, but it's really interesting to see the history of the whole muppet family develop before Elmo even came to be. Just a really good documentary. Especially if you loved the muppets or Sesame Street. If you didn't love the muppets or Sesame Street you were probably a heartless bastard with no soul.

"Senna". About the Brazilian F1 racing champion and his life on the circuit in the 80's and early 90's. I didn't know a whole lot about his story or career but it was pretty damn interesting. And tragic. Lots of cool racing footage and the characters that made up the sport in the day. 2 thumbs up.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?

The Shocker

I'm starting a new rating system for myself and since it's me it's going to be dick related:

1. Raging Boner
2. Stiffie
3. Semi Hard
4. Chub
5. Whiskey Dick

For example, I rewatched Munich.  I remember liking it a lot when it came out, but this time I wasn't impressed.  Spielberg was great with the action scenes and creating paranoia & tension, but was way too heavy handed with the flashbacks and relationship stuff.  You know, typical Spielberg.  I give this one my Semi Hard rating.

whoshotthefrog

Elizabeth Olsen is definitely the most talented of the Olsen sisters, and she gets bonus points for showing her tits and ass. Worth the rent.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

GodShifter

Okay, so what did you think of that movie, Will?

I just now noticed it was directed by Ami Canaan Mann, who is the daughter of Michael Mann. But that doesn't change my overall attitude towards the movie itself. I didn't think it was bad, but it was also fairly predictable and pretty frustrating in that it left one major sub plot line completely abandoned at the end. I was like, "wtf?".

Good performances by the actors, but, overall, the movie left me flat.

diasdegalvan

The Hunger Games

A good adaptation of the book it's based on. Had some shaky cam going on at the beginning which was somewhat annoying not too bad. 7/10

lowdaddy

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on March 26, 2012, 01:26:33 PM

Elizabeth Olsen is definitely the most talented of the Olsen sisters, and she gets bonus points for showing her tits and ass. Worth the rent.

great fucking movie.  unsettling.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: GodShifter on March 26, 2012, 08:39:56 PM
Okay, so what did you think of that movie, Will?

I just now noticed it was directed by Ami Canaan Mann, who is the daughter of Michael Mann. But that doesn't change my overall attitude towards the movie itself. I didn't think it was bad, but it was also fairly predictable and pretty frustrating in that it left one major sub plot line completely abandoned at the end. I was like, "wtf?".

Good performances by the actors, but, overall, the movie left me flat.

I was unhappy with that as well.  They should have tied that part of the story in, even a brief 2 minutes worth.  Overall, I pretty much knew who was doing what right away, however I still enjoyed it.  Compared to alot of movies I watch, this one atleast had a decent story to it.  However, again, they could have worked the story abit more, to keep you guessing.

The Shocker

Paranormal Activity 3 and Hunger Games both get stiffies from me.

Lumpy

Exit from the Gift Shop -- okay I guess, I found it a little boring to be honest. I like street art just fine, but I din't find the people who were portrayed all that interesting. Also, I can't feel cynical about Mr. Brain Wash, and not feel cynical about Banksy. It's all the same thing, in the sense of the bigger picture. 6 out of 10 Erections.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JemDooM

In the last coupla weeks, these were good!:

Tucker & Dale VS Evil
The imaginarium of doctor parnassus
Zombieland

Not good:

Alice In Wonderland (the Disney/Burton one)
DooM!

The Shocker

My son loves that Alice In Wonderland.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?llpnaz

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

JemDooM

really? I thought it had too much rubbish CGI...

just watched Defiance, how sad, I'd recommend it to anyone...
DooM!

Demon Lung

I haven't seen Alice in wonderland but I have seen Alice in anal land

retardgroove

terrible. so bad it gets a wow.

Ryno

Quote from: Lumpy on March 28, 2012, 01:35:56 PM
Exit from the Gift Shop -- okay I guess, I found it a little boring to be honest. I like street art just fine, but I din't find the people who were portrayed all that interesting. Also, I can't feel cynical about Mr. Brain Wash, and not feel cynical about Banksy. It's all the same thing, in the sense of the bigger picture. 6 out of 10 Erections.

I think Mr. Brainwash was much more interesting than Banksy or any of those other guys. He was a complete lunatic/fool. I thought it was a great flick even if it was narrowly focused on the bigger subject at hand.
If a bear shits in the woods, should I have a cocktail?