Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boltthrow

Even when Batman fist-fought in the prior films, I was always underwhelmed.  There are a lot of real live human beings who could fight better than his stuntman.  And don't get me started on his "I need a lozenge" Batman growly voice.

strangelight

his batman growl is terrible. no one likes that, except christian bale i guess.

it seemed in the previous two movies, the fight scenes were always too dark to really see what was going on anyway.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: I,Galactus on August 04, 2012, 05:28:11 PM
Quote from: whoshotthefrog on August 04, 2012, 04:56:39 PM
Worth seeing.

But not worth linking a working movie poster jpeg.   ;)

Wikipedia is your friend.

I fixed it for you.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

GodShifter

The Batman growl is pretty stupid, but I guess it's necessary so when he talks he doesn't sound exactly like Bruce Wayne and he sounds mean & ferocious?  ::)

Whatever a person's criticisms of the movies are, I do think Christian Bale makes a pretty good Batman.

boltthrow

For a guy with so much money and so many tools/toys, he could have something that changed his voice electronically AND made it sound cooler. 

GodShifter

Yeah, agreed, I thought about that too.

Demon Lung

Christian bales batman is by far the best  batman

mortlock

i ended up seeing bronson.. it was epic. great movie. thanks strangelight.

I,Galactus

Quote from: boltthrow on August 04, 2012, 08:27:54 PM
And don't get me started on his "I need a lozenge" Batman growly voice.

I saw Batman Begins in a theater in Switzerland, complete with German dub.  You think the growl was bad in English?  German voice actor dude had the fucking subs rattling. :D
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

retardgroove

Entertainingly harsh low budget, found footage crime/drama. On Netflix.

deleted account

bolt, he's the Dark Knight for fuck's sake.  what do you want him to sound like, Kathy Griffin?  here's a question for ya:  how is Bane supposed to eat?

boltthrow

I just don't him to sound like a tool.

My questions is, why does Bane sound like Sean Connery?

strangelight

Quote from: mortlock on August 05, 2012, 07:12:25 PM

you're welcome. i fucking love that movie. tom hardy is a beast.

speaking of, i liked the bane WC fields/sean connery voice. it was unexpected for a villain and considering you couldn't see 2/3 of the dude's face for the whole movie, i don't mind that he used his voice to convey a little more personality and expression. he did more acting with his eyes than most people do with their whole bodies.

i think christian bale makes a great bruce wayne but not a great batman. why keep growling in batman voice to the people who already know that bruce is batman? the way he growled "this is not a car" made me laugh a long, long time. and he didn't do the growl (or not as much) in batman begins, so why did it come on so hard for the dark knight? totally dig him as bruce wayne, though. maybe because he's just playing jason bateman again.

mortlock

Quote from: strangelight on August 06, 2012, 11:42:10 PM
Quote from: mortlock on August 05, 2012, 07:12:25 PM

you're welcome. i fucking love that movie. tom hardy is a beast.

speaking of, i liked the bane WC fields/sean connery voice. it was unexpected for a villain and considering you couldn't see 2/3 of the dude's face for the whole movie, i don't mind that he used his voice to convey a little more personality and expression. he did more acting with his eyes than most people do with their whole bodies.

i think christian bale makes a great bruce wayne but not a great batman. why keep growling in batman voice to the people who already know that bruce is batman? the way he growled "this is not a car" made me laugh a long, long time. and he didn't do the growl (or not as much) in batman begins, so why did it come on so hard for the dark knight? totally dig him as bruce wayne, though. maybe because he's just playing jason bateman again.
you are so wet for tom hardy..

strangelight

totally.

i'd seen pictures of him and hadn't really given him two thoughts until i saw him act. dude's really talented and talent makes my lady parts happy.

in continuing my embarrassing tom hardy binge, i watched rocknrolla, the guy ritchie movie with gerard butler, idris elba (stringer bell!!), and tom hardy. it was okay. snatch-lite. rather than having 6 or 7 really interesting characters like snatch did, it had maybe 2 quirky people and then a bunch of other dudes who were just kind of there. if you want to watch something like snatch, but not snatch, and not as good, then rocknrolla is for you!!

i'm also really looking forward to lawless. nick cave wrote the film, about bootlegging moonshine in VA, during the prohibition era. tom hardy (!!!), gary oldman (!!!), guy pearce (!!!), and shia lebouf (how the fuck did he get cast in this?). it's out at the end of august.

lowdaddy

gary oldman is one of my faves.  his role in the professional is nearly unmatched in cinematic history.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

whoshotthefrog

I liked him a lot in Romeo is Bleeding.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

boltthrow

Shia Lebouf is one of the most bankable male stars in Hollywood, like it or not.

The Shocker

Watched Martyrs again with my wife (she had not seen it).  She told me she wanted to see something disturbing so we watched it.  Now she doesn't want to watch disturbing movies any more.

CanookieWookie

Never heard of it. I will have to check it out.

The Shocker

lowdaddy

martyrs is the only (and i mean it.  THE ONLY) movie i've ever had to stop part of the way through and question whether i really wanted to continue watching this thing.  based on it being so intensely disturbing.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

Demon Lung

It's a very hard movie to watch.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: The Shocker on August 09, 2012, 12:41:08 PM
Watched Martyrs again with my wife (she had not seen it).  She told me she wanted to see something disturbing so we watched it.  Now she doesn't want to watch disturbing movies any more.

This on my Netflix queue. What is so disturbing about it because i'm tempted to moveit up on my list?