Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retardgroove

Identity Thief was stupid and suck.

chille01

Awesome.  And as someone pretty much exactly Shannon's character's age, with a father that went paranoid schizo in his late 30's... more than a little unnerving.  Probably why I put off watching it for so long.

boltthrow

The only thing I didn't like about it was the end.  It was a little too much M. Night Shamalyan (sp).  But Shannon and Chastain were great as was the mood.

chille01

I think the end is a little better executed than an M. Knight "crazy twist" ending.  With M. Knight (at least the ones I bothered to watch), the ending is always a surprise sure, but once it is revealed it is pretty definitive as to what was really going on all along.  With this one, the ending is a lot more ambiguous in my opinion.  It's hard to discuss it here without spoiling it, so I won't... but I see it as more of an end of the Sopranos kinda thing where you sort of have to make up your own mind what really happened.  That ending was also really controversial, and so is this one.  Both of them have all sorts of film nerds hypothesizing about them all over the internet if you care to look. 

retardgroove

Another enjoyable Harmony Korine flick, if you enjoy Harmony Korine flicks.

deleted account

The Lone Ranger.  not bad, not great.  pretty good action sequences, helluva lotta deaths and some gore(?) for a Disney flick.  Depp was real good, there were a few Hunter S. inflections here and there.  solid 6.3/10

The Bandit

Best review I saw said it is a 2 hour setup for 30 mins of action.

deleted account

yeah, kinda.  there's some action "spurts" sprinkled throughout the setup that ain't bad.  Hope said it's bombing at the box office and they ain't gonna make their money back.  poor Disney!

ez

World War Z   7.5/10

mostly likely because I had very low expectations before seeing it.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

VOLVO)))

I just watched Paranomal Activity 3. I promptly killed my girlfriend's dog in protest.

It wasn't even fuckin funny. It was sad. Boring, and only two parts made me jump, but seeing his wife in those cotton undies/bra made my pants jump, a little.

3/10 for hot wife
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 10, 2013, 07:35:20 PM
I just watched Paranomal Activity 3. I promptly killed my girlfriend's dog in protest.

It wasn't even fuckin funny. It was sad. Boring, and only two parts made me jump, but seeing his wife in those cotton undies/bra made my pants jump, a little.

3/10 for hot wife

Is that the one with the cult at the end?

boltthrow

Demon Lung

The Shocker

Yeah, it was.  I did like the first one though.

Demon Lung

I've seen all but the first and they are all bad.

deleted account

All The President's Men.  kinda meh

GodShifter

Quote from: priest on July 10, 2013, 02:44:08 AM
The Lone Ranger.  not bad, not great.  pretty good action sequences, helluva lotta deaths and some gore(?) for a Disney flick.  Depp was real good, there were a few Hunter S. inflections here and there.  solid 6.3/10

Checked this out today. 'Not bad'? Really?

I thought it was an unmitigated piece of crap. 'Pirates of the Caribbean' set in 1869 with an even shoddier premise.

2/10

Demon Lung

Quote from: GodShifter on July 11, 2013, 04:25:54 PM
Quote from: priest on July 10, 2013, 02:44:08 AM

Checked this out today. 'Not bad'? Really?

I thought it was an unmitigated piece of crap. 'Pirates of the Caribbean' set in 1869 with an even shoddier premise.

2/10
thats what I said and I haven't seen it. I call it pirates of the Wild West.

deleted account

it beats the shit out of Night Shift

retardgroove

GodShifter

Quote from: priest on July 11, 2013, 06:48:22 PM
it beats the shit out of Night Shift

Priest just lost his Stoner Rock Movie Reviewerâ„¢ privileges with that comment.

deleted account

Night Shift fuckin' stinks on ice.  there is nothing redeeming about that movie- and because of the high expectations for there to be something redeeming, it falls on its face even harder.  I had no expectations about The Lone Ranger, and ended up mildly impressed a few times.  that, and the fact that the plausibility factor of TLR towers over that of Night Shit's makes it a far superior film

gritty_fingers

Quote from: priest on July 12, 2013, 02:00:58 AM
Night Shift fuckin' stinks on ice.  there is nothing redeeming about that movie- and because of the high expectations for there to be something redeeming, it falls on its face even harder.  I had no expectations about The Lone Ranger, and ended up mildly impressed a few times.  that, and the fact that the plausibility factor of TLR towers over that of Night Shit's makes it a far superior film

I thought Night Shift was ok when I saw it many years ago. I should watch it again though. It might be funnier now.

Another movie I want to watch again is Bill Murray's Meatballs. I saw that when I was a kid. I wonder if it aged well.
"Ginger People"

Jor el

I was zoning oot during Lone Ranger.
What the fuck was that storytelling aspect dealio all aboot? Redonk.
Fun parts, but mostly boring - they should've been able to hit it oot of the park.

A lot of old timers in the audience.
What Would Scooby Do ?

deleted account

Quote from: gritty_fingers on July 12, 2013, 09:03:31 PM
Quote from: priest on July 12, 2013, 02:00:58 AM

I thought Night Shift was ok when I saw it many years ago. I should watch it again though. It might be funnier now.

Another movie I want to watch again is Bill Murray's Meatballs. I saw that when I was a kid. I wonder if it aged well.

not one funny part.  not one smile.  watch it again and you will be astonished.  as will everbody else here who last saw it when they were 7.  hold a candle to Meatballs?  it can't even rub two sticks together