Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

frobbert

Another Earth - I think I may be in love with Brit Marling

This Is The End - Does have its moments
bite me

Demon Lung

Quote from: The Bandit on September 17, 2013, 12:49:19 PM
Quote from: boltthrow on September 17, 2013, 08:45:15 AM
Insidious - Chapter 2

Unbelievably lazy and lame.  The first one was no classic but it did have its charms in the first half before it went down into the netherworld where the red/black man was sharpening its nails.

This new one is just shitty.  Can't decide which character's story it is, recycles all the same motifs (and now you can really see from The Conjuring that these guys use the same ones over and over to diminishing returns).  No one acts like a real human being.  Story jumps from one location to the next (the abandoned hospital!  the killer's home where all his victims are still propped up, apparently years later!  three completely indistinguishable houses!)  Patrick Wilson is doing a Shining "crazy dad" number.   Rose Byrne just kinda walks around, gets scared, demands to move, gets talked out of it, repeats the next day.  The two ghost hunter types are supposed to be amusing but aren't.  And some of the worst fake beards in recent history.

Don't even watch on Netflix.

I was so pissed at the ending of the first one, there is no way I'll watch the second one.
yeah the first one was some bullshit

EaterofBirds

World War Z - Laughably bad..so sick of buying into this horseshit. Seems I don't fall for it as much as I used to though.

The Battery - Unoriginal in a plot full of holes and than it just gets boring...took the recommendation off the itunes library. Never again.

Ain't Them Bodies Saints - Not bad..cinematography and script solid. Kind of reminded me of the Sundance series Rectify. Good acting. I always dig most if not all that Casey Affleck does.

Into Darkness..more lens flare please. Dumb and fun and then really dumb. In that order.

Europa Reports - DONT FALL FOR THE MARKETING ON THIS ONE. TERRIBLE. I wanted to hit someone after buying into the ppv/on demand marketing on this one.

ABC's of Horror - Another one..Unwatchable. I can take schlock..but they even failed at that level.

Oblivion - Liked the first 40 minutes..then it started circling the drain and never recovered.

Lords of Salem - Okay for what it is..not a big fan of anything Zombie, but kept an open mind. Didnt hate it

Only God Forgives - Votes out on that one..need to watch again.

Place Beyond the Pines was good but too long

Safety Not Guaranteed - Not bad..quirky..kind of fun. Hipstertastic/indie/sci-fi comedy that doesnt take itself too seriously

Deathwatch - Another one..started off good. Great premise. Decent amount of buildup and tension..then well, runs out of money and or direction. Almost like a switch was flipped. Went from decent horror film with a lot of effective atmosphere to shit in the second act

retardgroove

I saw this the other night and can't remember one thing about it.

Bro. Righteous

Prob'ly b/c it's a big red 'X' retard groovyness - ;))))

Picked-up of all things 'the Grey' for 5-bucks at Walfart bin...Willian Neilson...dunno if I got
that right, Irish Hollywood actor type, really great shot movie if you dig survivalist type-stuff,
plane crash into the mountains few survivors left and hunted down by packs of wolves...very
well done indeed.! Awesome ending.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

boltthrow

Demon Lung

That movie is way too long. And boring...

Bro. Righteous

Yes Liam Neeson thx Bolt,,,wtf do I know about Irish Hollywood actors...and dung buddy, I thought
the movie is a great watch, on a dull grey rainy day I thoroughly enjoyed it...way bettter than
fucking "Frozen" which I got out of the same bin about some punk kids stuck on a ski-lift getting
eaten by wolves....argh...
I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

deleted account

Neeson is great in Husbands And Wives

boltthrow

I thought Frozen was about some kind of monster.  It's just wolves? 

ez

If you're talking about that chairlift movie, the killer there was the stupidity of college kids. and wolves.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Bandit

I kind of liked Frozen.  It was like Open Water on a ski lift.

ez

Definitely as good as if not better than Open Water.

The Shocker

Open water did have the chick naked with cold cream on her nose.

boltthrow

I don't need movies about wolves, I need movies about monsters.

astroman

Quote from: frobbert on September 23, 2013, 05:18:21 PM
Another Earth - I think I may be in love with Brit Marling

I think I'm done with her, so you can have her. I love that movie though, and probably Sound of My Voice even moreso.

The Shocker

I thought it was pretty good and funny. Big fan of movies where Marky Mark plays a dummy that thinks he's smart.

Demon Lung

Saw iron man 3. That shit was weak...

boltthrow

I walked out of Pain & Gain.  Horribly acted, terribly written and abominably directed. 

ez

I'll second the Pain & Gain hate, though the fact that it's based on true events got me through it.

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox 8/10

The Shocker

boltthrow

Not a great movie but a lot of funny stuff.  And I just bought a lighted vanity mirror like that it's fantastic staring at all my pores and hairs.  More mesmerizing than Netflix.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/