Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JkFlesh

Quote from: retardgroove on April 20, 2014, 06:14:21 PM
Quote from: JkFlesh on April 20, 2014, 07:45:13 AM
Under The Skin.  Strange, atmospheric, very slow arthouse sci-fi starring Scarlett J. and her naked jugs.  I had a mixed reaction overall, and it'll test your patience if you're not into the arthouse vibe, but I liked a lot of things about it, especially some of its stranger imagery.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Much appreciated.

deleted account

American Hustle.  good movie, but every time Louis CK is in a scene it turns into an episode of Louie.  not that that's bad, just weird

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: priest on April 21, 2014, 04:02:16 PM
American Hustle.  good movie, but every time Louis CK is in a scene it turns into an episode of Louie.  not that that's bad, just weird

I saw this this past weekend. Fuck man, I love Amy Adams.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

deleted account

hell to the yes.  and I must say, Jennifer Lawrence played the shit outta her role

EaterofBirds

Snowpiercer...which was awesome, well..til the last half hour. Seemed they got long winded and kept it going pretty well then ran out of ideas at hour 3. It turns from a great mix of sci-fi, in your face violence (ala old Boy) to a screeching halt. i didn't think you could have a rushed ending on a 3 hour movie til I saw this..almost like the clock struck the mark, and someone yelled, "okay, wrap this shit up..." Leaves you with a feeling of a great film either undermined or just someone just plain fell asleep at the switch.

ez

Quote from: EaterofBirds on April 24, 2014, 01:10:00 AM
Snowpiercer...which was awesome, well..til the last half hour. Seemed they got long winded and kept it going pretty well then ran out of ideas at hour 3. It turns from a great mix of sci-fi, in your face violence (ala old Boy) to a screeching halt. i didn't think you could have a rushed ending on a 3 hour movie til I saw this..almost like the clock struck the mark, and someone yelled, "okay, wrap this shit up..." Leaves you with a feeling of a great film either undermined or just someone just plain fell asleep at the switch.

I don't really see how it could have ended any other way.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

EaterofBirds

I don't know..it kind of came to an abrupt ending for such a fast paced first couple of hours.

Felt kind of like an Event Horizon ending.."meet the maker" and the wheels fall off..literally. The polar bear scene was groan inducing. Otherwise I enjoyed the shit out of it.

JkFlesh

Quote from: ez on April 24, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

Totally loved it.  Top notch sci-fi action flick.  Great direction/ acting/ cinematography and the plot kept me guessing the whole time.  Tilda Swinton was hilarious, Chris Evans was a great anti-hero and Kang-ho Song was totally bad-ass.

The Shocker

Cool documentary about a 70's cult in California. Awesome acid rock soundtrack by the cult's band, tons of footage and hot 70's chicks.

black

Saw it about a year ago and wholeheartedly agree.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Bandit

Being a kid in the 70's was cool, I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to be a teenager or young adult.

astroman

Quote from: ez on April 11, 2014, 03:37:38 AM
The Act Of Killing  1 >:(/10
Seriously? I would love to hear your thoughts. I can't imagine how someone could not find any redeeming qualities in that film.

I saw it recently and thought it was remarkable. Truly unique for damn sure. It seemed quite contrived and I have a bit of a problem with it being called a "documentary," but i think it is a top notch film and worth a watch from everyone.

Lumpy

I took that to mean an "Angry 10 out of 10".

I gotta watch the Source Family documentary, I have one of their albums (Ya Ho Wha 13 "Penetration - An Aquarian Symphony"). A solid Freak Rock album, arguably a classic.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

deleted account

Quote from: astroman on April 26, 2014, 02:23:54 AM
Quote from: ez on April 11, 2014, 03:37:38 AM
The Act Of Killing  1 >:(/10
Seriously? I would love to hear your thoughts. I can't imagine how someone could not find any redeeming qualities in that film.

I saw it recently and thought it was remarkable. Truly unique for damn sure. It seemed quite contrived and I have a bit of a problem with it being called a "documentary," but i think it is a top notch film and worth a watch from everyone.

I stopped watching after 45 mins.  didn't feel like watching another 45 mins of sadists reliving their glory days.  it was redeeming in that I now know never to go to Sumatra

retardgroove

I'm 4 years late in finally watching this. 231 minutes, but since I've somewhat followed him off and on since the 80's I enjoyed it.

ez

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CanookieWookie

Quote from: ez on April 24, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

I agree.  I thought it done real well.

It surprised the shit out of me, went somewhere I never expected.   Good film pick. Thanks.

JkFlesh

Wolf Creek 2!  Lots of fun, if you like this sort of thing.  Moves quickly and goes in unexpected directions.  The original still haunts me; the sequel is fun, but not nearly as disturbing/scary.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

whoshotthefrog

The Bandit

Quote from: JkFlesh on April 29, 2014, 08:12:56 PM
Wolf Creek 2!  Lots of fun, if you like this sort of thing.  Moves quickly and goes in unexpected directions.  The original still haunts me; the sequel is fun, but not nearly as disturbing/scary.

Thanks for the heads up.  I felt the same about the first one.

diasdegalvan

Love story between two people with social anxiety I liked it a lot.

chille01

Saw this one tonight on iTunes/Apple TV.  Not bad, not great.  Better than the average horror being churned out these days, but by no means a classic.  Kept my interest for the duration, which is only 85 minutes.  If you just need a horror fix, you could do a lot worse.

ez

I did worse last night. drunkenly watched:

Dark House  3/10
The Borderlands  6/10
Savaged  4/10