Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amadkins

I was pleasantly surprised with Edge of Tomorrow. I thought the director did a nice job keeping the time loop angle pretty fresh.

ez

Starred Up  9/10
Interstellar  9/10
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Omlet

Edge of Tomorrow. I liked it. I'd say 8,5/10 - the last scene was pretty redundant for me.

irratebass

Get on Up -  Started out shaky, but got better as it went on. Glad I watch the HBO Doc Mr Dynamite before watching this though......the more I think about this movie, the more I like it....James was a crazy tyrant, but oh so funky.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

Danny G

The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

jmucke

Nightcrawler - nice and creepy but the media criticism is a little forced. Gyllenhaal is great but the character has no real depth - its all fake smiles and psycho-eyes. The movie picks up a lot during the last third.

doomlord666

ZOMBEAVERS!!!

I SHIT YOU NOT!

i thought it was not that bad to be fair.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2784512/?ref_=nv_sr_1

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

bitter

^ I didn't quite get the premise at first. Overall, interesting film.

6.5/10 for me personally. I think others might enjoy it more.

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Bro. Righteous

Yeah, didn't get 'Snowpiercer' either, I always ask dumb relevant questions like:
Where do they shit/piss?
Where's all the water/food/alcohol/fuel coming from?

...of course these are redundent questions b/c your just suppose to assume.

/meh.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

deleted account

my buddy said that nobody gave a shit about Breaking Bad in Europe because the premise was ridiculous.  why would you need to sell meth when there's free health care?

oh, those silly Europeans

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

gritty_fingers

I saw Hercules with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Pros: It's better than the Lou Ferrigno version of Hercules and some of the recent "Clash of the Titan" movies.
Cons: The CG effects seem worse than normal. The movie is nothing special.

Overall: If you are bored, you could do worse this movie.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

The Giver - it stayed pretty close to the book, I dug it.

The Shocker

Cabin Fever: Patient Zero. Pretty terrible, but decent gore.  Poor Sean Astin.  This and The Strain? 

The Shocker

The Sacrament.  Basically a dramatization of the Jonestown Massacre.  Probably best if you aren't familiar with the story, but still fucking creepy.

The Shocker

Willow Creek. Basically a remake of The Blair Witch Project but with Bigfoot. Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait.

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: priest on November 15, 2014, 06:35:15 PM
my buddy said that nobody gave a shit about Breaking Bad in Europe because the premise was ridiculous.  why would you need to sell meth when there's free health care?

oh, those silly Europeans

I can't speak for all Europeans cos there's a fuckload of us, in many very different countries, speaking many different languages... in fact, a lot of them moved to AMERICA once, killed the locals and moved in. their descendants now call themselves quarter Irish, one third dutch and shit like that, which not only points out that AMERICANS don't understand fractions, genes, nationalities or the consummation process (i.e. it takes 2, not five, or eight)... but despite claiming this heritage, still seem to think 'Europeans' are all the same.

So yeah, us in the UK fucking loved Breaking Bad. mainly cos of the swearing and explosions.
I play bass in THORUN

Facebook  www.facebook.com/Thorunband
Music       www.thorun.bandcamp.com
Youtube   www.youtube.com/user/Thorunband

The Shocker

Big Hero 6

My son loved it & I wasn't bored.  Nothing groundbreaking.

deleted account

Chest Rockwell

I KNOW!!!  ;)

we forgive you 'Merkins. cos you makes good TV. so good in fact that I cancelled my cable and now just watch 'the internet'.
I play bass in THORUN

irratebass

Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For - Meh, not as good at the 1st one

Chest Rockwell

hey irratebass, been a while!  :)
I play bass in THORUN

agent of change

Mocking Jay Part 1. The wife and I were high as fuck, which is always fun. The movie was so-so. They don't do as well with political intrigue etc as they did with kids killing each other in an arena.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.