Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irratebass

Lowdaddy & Socket, I dug it, but man the main fight between Begbie and Guy was kind of weak, maybe the film hasn't aged well, but I liked the concept & Begbie ruled as always
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

retardgroove

I smelled conservative undertones.

socket

Quote from: irratebass on May 26, 2015, 02:01:41 PM
Lowdaddy & Socket, I dug it, but man the main fight between Begbie and Guy was kind of weak, maybe the film hasn't aged well, but I liked the concept & Begbie ruled as always
My overall taste has definitely changed since then. It could be terrible, I don't know. It's like shit like the Matrix that seemed great at the time but is just too cheezy and stupid. Or how about The Crow. I tried watching that again... What a pile of flaming shit.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

deleted account

the No No Dockumentary.  fucking great

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

irratebass

Couldn't get passed the 1st 45 mins

irratebass

black

I pretty much dug it.
I imagined that was what it would be like to be in the Brian Jonestown Massacre.
Frank seemed classic Anton Newcombe.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Dunedin

Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

black

Read good things about that one.
The soundtrack is supposed to be great.
How'd you kike it, Dunedin?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Dunedin

It's a good movie, black. Very true to the era and the scene (as much as I'm aware) One or two of the actors didn't quite get their accents right but apart from that it's very entertaining.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

agent of change

Nightcrawler just went up on Netflix. Fucking superb.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

diasdegalvan

El Infierno (The Infierno)

Ordinary guy gets caught up in the Mexican drug cartel violence. Great movie although the ending was maybe too fantastical. I'd recommend it especially if you liked Breaking Bad as the premise is similar.

retardgroove

irratebass

JAWS - 40th Anniversary print on the big screen. Me and the wifey went and seen it yesterday. She hasn't seen it since she was a kid, so it as like it was brand new for her again.......she jumped a couple of times.  ;D ;D

irratebass

retardgroove

How was it?

This was way better than I thought it would be going in.

lowdaddy

jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

irratebass

I won't give any spoilers, it's disturbing to watch, one man's descent into madness.

It's on Netflix, worth a watch I guess.

lowdaddy

Quote from: irratebass on June 25, 2015, 02:05:08 PM
I won't give any spoilers, it's disturbing to watch, one man's descent into madness.

It's on Netflix, worth a watch I guess.

I'll have to check it out.  I'm a pretty big Cormac McCarthy fan.
jon eats a whole raw potato to take himself out of the mood.

sleestak

I remember teaser thing for child of God a long time ago but didn't realize they made it into a full movie.   Gotta check it out.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

JkFlesh

I've heard Child of God is an extremely unpleasant, ratty film.  It's not hard to believable, given how grim the novel is.  I think I'll pass, even though I'm a big McCarthy fan too.

I saw '71, set in Belfast that year during the height of the conflict with the IRA and other many competing factions.  Mostly a riveting chase film, really well made and gripping.  Highly recommended.

Bro. Righteous

Late at nite, bored stoned alone, got this off my Rogers on Demand shite, really enjoyed it regardless - great stoner horror.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2781832/

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

The Shocker

Quote from: Bro. Righteous on June 28, 2015, 07:47:22 PM
Late at nite, bored stoned alone, got this off my Rogers on Demand shite, really enjoyed it regardless - great stoner horror.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2781832/

Thanks, will add to my list.

The Shocker

Finally watched :

While I think the movie was fair - C+ to B-, it did have a lot that really hit close to home with me. Years of little sleep, hundreds of tantrums, having a strange kid that nobody really wants around, that kind of stuff.

Fuck you!