Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Lately it has been a fucking waste of my time.  Luckily I love Thin Red Line, as I've watched it at least 50 times lately.   A couple of decent shows, but really its been super weak, lame and nothing like I've been hoping for.

If I watched tv more, I'd break them all.

retardgroove

CanookieWookie

Stupid hockey rink frozen seats.

JoshuaBur

Quote from: Lumpy on July 13, 2018, 09:56:47 PM
Black Panther - 7/10 - better energy drinks than average superhero movie (a low bar to hurdle). Maybe 8/10?

Get Out - 8/10 - Not a very original thriller, but well-made, with mostly good writing, acting and direction.

Lady Bird - 7/10 - Coming of age story with throwback 90's "indie films" style. Has minor storytelling ambitions and succeeds on that level.

I watched A Quiet Place the other day. It's pretty good. Not a horror film though. So don't watch it expecting to be scared or something. I don't even know why this was marketed as a horror film.

Lumpy

Black Panther - 7/10 - Better than average superhero movie (a low bar to hurdle). Maybe 8/10?

Get Out - 8/10 - Not a very original thriller, but well-made, with mostly good writing, acting and direction.

Lady Bird - 7/10 - Coming of age story with throwback 90's "indie films" style. Has minor storytelling ambitions and succeeds on that level.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

I just watched the legend of boggie creek. Classic big foot movie from 1972. I loved it. I remember seeing it as a kid probably on the saturday afternoon monster movie. Anyone remember that?

Highly recommended.

Jor el

Sawr it at the theatre.

Made me ascared to use any bathroom with a window.

What Would Scooby Do ?

lftwng4

Love the Charles B Pierce "docudramas".  "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" and "Boggy Creek II" are also pretty great. 

mortlock

Quote from: lftwng4 on July 15, 2018, 02:26:12 PM
Love the Charles B Pierce "docudramas".  "The Town That Dreaded Sundown" and "Boggy Creek II" are also pretty great.
i got to check those out. i didnt know there was a boggie 2.

lftwng4

There's one called "Return to Boggy Creek" that came out before 'Boggy Creek II" that was not directed by Pierce, so it lacks most of the charm.  There are also a few others that came out more recently, but I've never seen them, and doubt that I will.
II was also subjected to the MST3K treatment, and it's worth seeing that version as well. 
Being 8-10 years old when a lot of this stuff was released, I was always fascinated with the lurid posters and trailers I'd see, so I have a great love for these movies.

whoshotthefrog

I thought this was pretty good. I kind of wish they didn't play so much of the background music. Would like to have heard all of the noise surrounding everyone instead. otherwise, this was a decent film.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Lumpy

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: I was checking my watch after 30 minutes. Tedious.

Pacific Rim: halfway through, it's pretty terrible. Maybe better in a theater with surround sound, etc. Corny.

/crabbyjerk

mortlock

Quote from: Lumpy on July 22, 2018, 06:52:48 PM
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: I was checking my watch after 30 minutes. Tedious.

Pacific Rim: halfway through, it's pretty terrible. Maybe better in a theater with surround sound, etc. Corny.

/crabbyjerk
i just saw the pacific rim part 2. i can pretty much watch anything. i was able to get through it without totally hating it. dumb but cool. total teenager movie. i would have loved this when i was 15.

Lumpy

Yeah Pacific Rim is aimed at a different audience (the pre-teens and Transformers crowd). Harry Potter is for 11 year olds I guess.

I was trying to decide if I would hate the Wizard of Oz now if I hadn't grown up with it (probably)

whoshotthefrog

Watching this makes me dislike the Kennedys even more. Money buys you freedom.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

whoshotthefrog

Loved everything about this film. One of my favorite movies to watch in quite some time.

Lumpy

I watched my first Star Wars (a new hope). Hey it was pretty good! How come nobody told me. But why does it happen "A long time ago..." -- that doesn't make sense. Also, the robots were the best actors.

mortlock

Mish imp fallout. Lots of action and more action and stunts and action and stunts and action.

Jor el

Congrat's Lumpy!

Did Han shoot First?

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

Not only did he shoot first, the other dude didn't even have a gun.

I'll probably watch Empire Strikes Back too, since that's supposed to be most people's favorites.

[spoiler]They already blew up the Death Star, so there's pretty much nowhere else to go with the series.
[/spoiler]
What if I watched the rest of them in random order, would anybody mind?

socket

The series is only good until the original Jar Jar (Yoda) shows up.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

socket

Some corny characters and dialog but pretty good overall.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Jor el

Star Wars
   The Empire Strike Back
   Attack of the Clones
   Revenge of the Sith
   Return of the Jedi

What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?