Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

dnice

Quote from: neighbor664 on March 19, 2022, 04:09:49 PM

solid flick/interesting concept...something my wife and I could watch together...which is rare

renfield

saw THE NORTHMAN. in the dang movie theater! almost certainly the most or second most badass viking movie ever made (see also VALHALLA RISING), 4/5.

marked down 1 point for being directed by Robert Eggers and just not living up to my expectations after The Lighthouse

Dylan Thomas

The Lighthouse was incredible, so that's real.

Still working through that list of horror movies, renfield.  Last night I watched Gretel and Hansel.

Most excellent!  I thoroughly enjoyed it, definitely a worthy addition to any list of recent horror movies that don't suck ;-)

The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

renfield

Nice, glad you liked it. About halfway through that movie I realized the witch was played by the Borg Queen from Start Trek First Contact and got pretty excited.

Caught up with Hellbender and holy shit I loved it! Like Dune, a great story about doing drugs with your mom

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: renfield on April 27, 2022, 11:53:40 AM
Nice, glad you liked it. About halfway through that movie I realized the witch was played by the Borg Queen from Start Trek First Contact and got pretty excited.

Yeah, I didn't even pick up on that when I watched it.  When I recommended it to Liz and showed her the preview, she recognized that it was The Borg Queen right away.

I really, really enjoyed it.  Great atmosphere, paced well, that's the sort of horror I appreciate.

QuoteCaught up with Hellbender and holy shit I loved it! Like Dune, a great story about doing drugs with your mom

I see what you did there, very clever ;-)

I think that both of these movies nail it on the relevance factor for me too.  That ultra-modern take on women's liberation and empowerment, it's poignant when it's done well.

Dylan Thomas

I watched the Matrix Resurrections movie.....

What a crock of shit.  It started out pretty cool and self aware even, then rapidly descended into mindless action and nonsensical plot development.  The ending was anti-climactic and terrible.

Dylan Thomas

Going to see the new Doctor Strange tonight!!!!

If it's cool, I'll write a review.  If not, I'll just leave it because I feel like my negative reviews bum everyone out ;-)

mortlock

Pissy

I saw it at the drive in on Sunday.  It was fine.  It's just, you know, Marvel superheroes and stuff.  Not going to stick with me for years, but I wouldn't say it sucked.  There's some fun things that can be done in the multiverse. 

Vinyls.   deal.

Dylan Thomas

I froggin' LOVED IT!!!!!!!  I thought it was even better than the first Doctor Strange movie, like 10X better.

And I'm not really a fan of the Marvel movies at all.  I liked the animated Spiderverse one, that's the best thing that Marvel has ever done.

sleestak

Phil Lynott: Songs for While I'm Away

Awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

NOPE

Did you guys see this? I was kinda confused by it.

EDIT - Nevermind I figured it out.

Pissy

Just saw Nope.  Loved it. 

I saw elements of M Night Shamalon (sp?) The Abyss, Close Encounters. 

Thought it was wonderful. 
Vinyls.   deal.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

renfield

Quote from: whoshotthefrog on July 30, 2022, 06:46:51 PM

I really liked Bradley Cooper in this, but overall a lesser PTA joint

mortlock

Prey kicked ass. i love all the predator movies and this latest installment was great. i dont want to give anything away. if youre a fan it wont disappoint.

renfield

yall should see RRR. insane on every level

dnice

Watched this last night. Insane story of rescue. A little slow at times, but really well acted by everyone, especially the stars.

johnny problem

Quote from: mortlock on August 08, 2022, 07:05:20 PM
Prey kicked ass. i love all the predator movies and this latest installment was great. i dont want to give anything away. if youre a fan it wont disappoint.

I'm not understanding the praise this movie is getting. 

mortlock

Quote from: johnny problem on August 12, 2022, 12:55:22 PM
Quote from: mortlock on August 08, 2022, 07:05:20 PM

I'm not understanding the praise this movie is getting.
like i said, if youre a fan you wont be disappointed. if you come in cold, its not going to be something that blows you away. it sits nicely with the rest of the franchise.

renfield

I thought it was the best predator since 2

stooge

a lot of people rave about this and compare it to pulp fiction
well it's more like those guy richie movies from the late 90s
it aint bad but not real good either - too much mma fighting explosions
and 'deus ex machina' plot solutions
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Dylan Thomas

I just watched the movie Sneakers the other day, wow was that a hidden gem and a blast from the past!

I remember seeing it in the theaters with my mother, though she doesn't remember now.  It's an interesting spy movie from 1992 with a real all-star cast.  Sidney Poitier, Ben Kingsley, Mary McDonnel, David Strathairn, Robert Redford, River Phoenix, Dan Aykroyd, amongst others.  It's really witty and has a really great sense of tension created by various examples of moral ambiguity which resolve in the movie's most triumphant conclusion.

I loved rewatching it, total nostalgia trip, and yet strangely relevant in today's high tech world of classified and encrypted information.

neighbor664