Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stooge

saw that a while ago
it's beyond bad
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

mortlock

very first motion picture footage ever filmed.
roundhay garden scene 1888.

RAGER

Nah. The earliest was probably a sex tape. This is the second earliest.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

we did psychedelic drugs and saw AVATAR 2 in the imax

dumb movie but I fuckin loved it. nobody does it like Cameron

sleestak

The first one was super fucking lame too butsurely would be cool on drugs.   Is this new one 3d glasses too?
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

3D glasses, high frame rate so you can efffortlessly parse the 3D effect. i was THERE man, i was on pandora

RAGER

The Pale Blue Eye wasn't terrible.
No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Quote from: RAGER on January 12, 2023, 02:57:03 PM
Plus it features several of my favorite fishing spots!   For serious.   

Haven't watched the movie yet but plan to.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

sleestak

Yeah for real.  The lake is Lake Arthur and Slippery Rock Creek is shown at McConnells Mill State Park.   My two favorite fishing spots and quite possibly my two favorite places on earth.

RAGER

McConnells Mill State Park Looks beautiful.

Reminds me of this here about a half hour away.

Cedar Creek Grist Mill
(360) 225-5832
https://maps.app.goo.gl/oP4Yx1zhcQ8cxrj58?g_st=ic
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Quote from: sleestak on January 12, 2023, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: RAGER on January 12, 2023, 02:57:03 PM
Plus it features several of my favorite fishing spots!   For serious.   

Haven't watched the movie yet but plan to.

Finally!  A movie that Netflix has, the first hit I got in the last 20 searches.
Just started the movie. Interesting camera. Eeeghads it's a period piece. Hey, not a spoiler, the opening pays heavy tribute to The Shining. Lovely cinematography. I love checking out lighting and this one is gorgeous so far.

outstanding, the foley credits on this led me to The Battle of Buster Scruggs. Coen Bros. and NF has it. Queued.

sleestak

Been meaning to watch buster on Netflix.   Love the coen bros stuff but don't make a lot of time for movies.   I did watch "a serious man" last week when I was sick and I thought it was phenomenal.   This being the second time I've watched it and I was not all that moved the first go round. 

Muffin Man

glad you're better! I want to re-watch A Serious Man.

eeeghads Buster is a period piece too (if that's what these are really called - 1800's type stuff). There is a really neat surprise on one of the stories - that one a must re-watch for me. Speaking of rivers, this one has it, and it's great!

ps. it takes time to get to the scenes for surprise. Lemme know if you want the fast forward to spot

Pissy

Buster I recall a few stories were good, a few not.  The first was good.  The one with Liam not so much.  I might rewatch tonight.  I liked the one with Tom Waits. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

That's the one! The mining one. I've never seen Tom do bad acting. What a cat. Well written too, I wonder if he had a hand in it (the script)?

Stumbled on The Gray Man. Gonna see how far I get but it's got the sci-fi-ish thing going that I dig and the cast is legit. I'm looking for a new TV, a whopper of a 55" (suit to fit) but Sony I think, so cinema quality. I need the color quality and tight. Expecting to calibrate. The thing with the LG is they have a built in thing that bursts for calibrating. The Sony, no. LG $1500 Sony $2400. I donl twant to buy a new TV every year, not even 5. Tough business.

ehagads The Gray Man just went all CGI Matrix. Kinda cool. Elements of Blade Runner cinematography-wise. Neato.  edit. a little jerky with the script and the budget just fell off, from expensive camera to cheap camera, or something. Hang on, I'm going in!

/bailed on The Gray Man. maybe later

Pissy

Which streaming platform app subscription service?
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

that's an old one isn't it? I saw the old one ca.2016, I can't really watch that stuff anyway, what a spiral. Ah, hell no. Such a loss. And all wrong. Fuck that. /sorry ;(

Dylan Thomas

Watched The Woman King the other night.  Very enjoyable, though quite violent.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Pissy

I watched the Elliot Smith doc.  Pretty sad.  I didn't know how much he bounced around from Portland to LA to New York.  I came away from it thinking about how many people were "helping" him succeed the way so many in show business do.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Dylan Thomas

Quote from: Pissy on March 05, 2023, 07:04:29 AMI watched the Elliot Smith doc.  Pretty sad.  I didn't know how much he bounced around from Portland to LA to New York.  I came away from it thinking about how many people were "helping" him succeed the way so many in show business do. 

Yeah....really saddening for sure.  He also was in my neck of the woods for a bit, up at Hampshire College in Amherst.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

dnice

if you are like me (I hope not), and have little connection left with your wife, and it's rare you find a movie you both can enjoy, I just watched this tear jerker last night called "Palmer" on Apple TV. Justin Timberlake is very good, playing an ex felon that returns home from jail, and ends up protecting a young boy/neighbor from a drug addict mother in a real feel good ending movie that is somewhat unexpected. def good watch. It totally reminded me of the movie "12 and Holding" with Jeremy Renner, which was also fantastic sleeper.