Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on December 19, 2011, 10:43:44 AM
"Irreversible" is the same director, no? Isn't that the one where the dude beats the guy's face in with a fire extinguisher?

Yep, with the really devastating rape scene as well.

peoplething

well, after reading about the last few really uplifting and celebration of life movies  ;),

my contribution is the latest impossible movie. it's the first time I've been to a movie theater in years, and the first time I've been to an imax. yes, I live under a rock.

anyhoo - it was big dumb fun. there were some stunt scenes that really were absurdly funny, to the point of me loling. yeah, it's obviously all cg'd, but the scene at the tower in Dubai is pretty cool. the plot is really, really simple. they throw some weird love thing in at the 'surprise ending'.  but all in all, it was worth a couple of laughs. oh and the two women in it are pretty damn hot.

the good chick

her boobs are amazing on the Imax

they didn't have a preview for the hobbit (bummed). but they did have one for the new GI Joe. The trailer for the new one blows Rise of Cobra oot the water.

giant cobra banners are unfurled at the white house - that was pretty cool
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Mr Neutron

just watched bellflower.

i enjoyed it, but couldve done with a little less tilt-shift.

"Where words fail, music speaks."

HeavyEar

13 assassins- grade A
Trollhunter - Grade D except for the CGI = A
Body of Lies (Ridley Scott) WTF? I'll try to watch it again since it's Ridley - was this a gobbled mess?
"searching in the sun for another overload"

GodShifter

Yeah, dude, I agree with you. I loved 13 Assassins and hated Trollhunter. As far as Trollhunter, why is everyone so up in its jock  ??? I found the concept ridiculously stupid (yes, I realize it's fantasy/horror, whatever - still), and the movie just bored the hell out of me.

EaterofBirds

I dont see the 'all up in Trollhunter's jock'..I saw a fun, tongue in cheek fantasy thriller. Great scenery, tense enough at times. Fun ride and doesnt take itself too seriously. Great movie.

The Shocker

I think the idea of Trollhunter is a little better than the execution, but I still enjoyed it.

GodShifter

The thread @ The Obelisk re: "Trollhunter" was almost resoundingly positive in terms of its reviews. Granted, it's not a long thread but almost every comment was how much people liked it. I don't get it, sorry.

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on December 20, 2011, 11:07:34 AM
The thread @ The Obelisk re: "Trollhunter" was almost resoundingly positive in terms of its reviews. Granted, it's not a long thread but almost every comment was how much people liked it. I don't get it, sorry.

Obelisk - there's your answer...
Stick to this place for your movie reviews.

GodShifter

bitter

For me, I liked Trollhunter because it wasn't What I had expected. Truthfully I thought it was a Syfy made-for-tv flick. It was just tense enough not to stress me out. I hate highly suspenseful horror films, they give me migraines for some reason. I guess I'm just not into horror aside from zombie movies. Trollhunter was just mellow enough but had a heaviness that worked for me. I liked the slow pacing and somewhat boring progression. Everything Looked good in the film and the trolls didn't appear overly cheesy. 
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Quote from: bitter on December 20, 2011, 01:02:52 PM
I hate highly suspenseful horror films, they give me migraines for some reason.

Man, that sux.

bitter

I've never been into torture, guts n' gore, and the like. Turned off Wolf creek once he said, "I never mess with your cunts" (or whatever he said). I prefer spooky/creepy and occulty stuff though.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Lumpy

Really good. Netflix has it "Instant View" or whatever they call it, too.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

GodShifter

^Yeah, that was good. Surprisingly, the US remake called Let Me In was pretty good, too. Pretty faithful to that one, in fact. The "cat scene" in that one, though, was pretty painful to watch (and not in a good way). Cringeworthy.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Both were good, but I give the nod to the original.

GodShifter

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

So do I, but that scene was not executed well (no pun intended).

Jor el

I'll have to view it again.
How was it in the remake?
What Would Scooby Do ?

GodShifter

I can't remember, exactly, but it seems it wasn't really emphasized very much ...

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on December 21, 2011, 01:24:42 PM
I can't remember, exactly, but it seems it wasn't really emphasized very much ...

I haven't seen it in a while like Shifter, but I don't remember it having that scene in the remake.

Lumpy

I thought the cat scene was awesome. Are you talking about how it looked like some stuffed cats were pinned to her shirt, in one or two shots? That wasn't a problem to me.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

peoplething

this cat scene:

I haven't seen the movie, but this clip is all sorts of great.

just watched it a few times, I dig it when just starts flinging them across the dinning room. lol
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator