Futile as it may be to post this here.....

Started by justJon, December 04, 2010, 11:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justJon

Tonight, Dec 4, My band, Sandia Man is playing a birthday gig for our guitarist, Alan. He's 50, and he's not the old man of the group.
If you're in/around Albuquerque, we'll be at the Atomic Cantina. Starts about 9:00.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

Jor el

Pass along some birthday wishes.
Is his hand back to 100% ?
What Would Scooby Do ?

Stickman

Has he stopped attracting cars to his bicycle like a magnet yet? That gets hard to shrug off when your a graybeard, I hear, which is why I keep trying to avoid it.

If it makes you feel any better Jon, you'll probably attract the same amount of fans tonight from here as you would have at SR.com. Please accept these tits with my condolences.

VOLVO)))

Hahaha, futility is bullshit, it'll all come in time, Jon! You're here, aren'tcha? Let Alan know, I'm sure he'd be happy to come here and contribute...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

justJon

Thanks, all! I'll pass along the wishes, the suggestion to come here, etc. The hand is about 80%-85%, It's the wrist flexibiltiy that hasn't fully recovered. Finger agility is about where it should be. Having only one hand for so long really fucked with his muscle mass.  He hasn't really gained weight/bloated out, being the strict vegan he is, but he ain't as "buff" as he used to be. He hasn't been on a bike outside his living room for almost a year.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

juan11

"He hasn't been on a bike outside his living room for almost a year."

Holy shit!  I didn't know it was that serious.  Damn, Racer--  get back on that horse soon, man.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

GodShifter

Shit, that's sort of bad news about Alan. Sending him good vibes and all.

RacerX

I didn't see this until today. Thanks for the good wishes!

Yeah, I haven't ridden in a long time, but mostly because of laziness. Gotta get the rear wheel of my Moots rebuilt & start riding offroad again. I'm done with road riding, though; too many idjits out there.

On the bright side, I'm alive and still rocking. Managed to get some new gear out of the settlement moneys, too.  ;)
Livin' The Life.