Main Menu

Record pressing

Started by bbottom, February 14, 2017, 02:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Has anyone here done this? And if so where did you go?

mortlock

Yes. Ive pressed alot of records for my band. And been involved in co-releasing as well. I recommend musicol in ohio. Ive used them many times. Great friendly service and solid quality. Id be happy to hook you up with a record to check out to get an idea of what you get. Ive used bill smith custom records in cali but that was over a decade ago. Solid back then, not sure how they are now. Ive used gotta groove as well but stopped because they censored some samples i was going to use and refused to press the record. Theres a great place in germany called ameise that does a good job. Ive co-released with some euro bands that used them. They are less expensive than the u.s. pressing plants but shipping to the states might offset the savings on pressing. Pm me if you want more infos.

bbottom

thanks dude I appreciate the help.  I'll check all of those places out.

It will be awhile before we consider doing this but when we do, I'll probably end up getting in touch with you about it. Thanks again!

mortlock

that's cool. ill help the best I can. keep in mind turn around times are long, about 4 to 6 months. musicol charges a small deposit to start the job and the balance when its done, so you can save the money needed as the job is in production due to the long wait.