Help me sort a bass pedalboard.

Started by kirky, January 24, 2019, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirky

Please help me set up my pedalboard chain. I have..
1. SFT
2. HyperFuzz
3. MXR- 6 band Eq
4. MXR- Bass Distortion
5. Supercollider
6. MXR- Echoplex
7. TC- HOF
8. MXR- Phase 95
9. CB- Sabbra Cadabra
10. TC- Ditto
11. MXR- Carbon Copy
12. Wampler- Plexi Drive Deluxe
13. CB- Dirty Little Secret
14. JHS- VCR
15. CB- RAH
16. Joyo- Dyna Compressor

Most of these were part of my guitar rig and I don't have to use all of them. But they are available to put in my bass chain.

Thanks in advance!!

Lumpy

I would just do an A/B comparison of every fuzz and see which one wins. And have only one or maybe two fuzzes on your board. Some of those are guitar pedals (RAH) but might work for bass - it doesn't hurt to try them. I bet it's probably going to be the Hyper Fuzz and/or the Supercollider which win in the end. A/B comparison is what I've always done, just two pedals at a time.

You could even use your looper to do the comparisons, to make sure you're comparing the exact same bassline between pedals, so you can just concentrate on listening and dialing in the EQ.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

fuzzfarmer

SFT, Supercollider, Ditto, Carbon Copy.   No particular order.

renfield

I was using the same pedalboard for both guitar and bass, although I don't use most of the pedals when I play bass. So, I built a smaller pedal board for the bass-only version. The bass only setup is great but I don't like that I'm crossing back and forth between the boards so many times with the guitar version.

Actually now that I look at this, it's fucked up because the Guitar2 signal should go through the miniamp at the end too. Maybe. I'm using my tuner as a A/A+B switch, as you can plainly see.

renfield

Here's pics of it getting built

Gonna finish the velcro, line the suitcase with foam and that's about it I think

Lumpy

Dude, awesome. I'm 100% behind the DIY pedal board. It blows my mind that people spend 100-150 dollars just on a pedal board. I also like the suitcase as a roadcase.

Three thumbs up!

renfield

Thanks man :)
I'm no craftsman like James1214 and others but it's fun to put together functional useful things.

sleestak

I'm just glad you used the Spine of God in it's construction.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

renfield

I learned a lot of new skills for this one. Lots of shoddy craftsmanship but from a distance it looks real sweet. Functionally it is everything I wanted it to be. I'm not going to worry about the whole integrated ABY switching, i have room for like 6 more pedals before it'll become a problem.

.. and walla!

Only thing left is to wire up the MIDI jack, which I'm not looking forward to.

RAGER

Fuck yeah dude!  Nice job.

Probably best to not futz with that Radial pedal.
No Focus Pocus

Submarine

Just came here to say the SuperCollider is awesome on bass.

Muffin Man

Nice build, ren! Appreciate the tutorial pics, I need a hand saw like that.

Lumpy

Pedalboard looks really nice. I like the handle. And it looks like the fuzzy loop material covers the whole thing, which is good (can get away with using less velcro on the actual pedal).

renfield

Quote from: Submarine on April 20, 2021, 08:16:31 PM
Just came here to say the SuperCollider is awesome on bass.

I'm not super thrilled with the tones I get out of the Pharaoh Supreme on bass or baritone. I think it actually might need resoldering though.. the indicator light flickers, and there are loud clicking noises when you use the diode switch. I reached out to duder for setting up a repair and copped the Quantum Mystic while I was at it  8)