Guitar Pedals..latest scores?

Started by Isabellacat, August 25, 2019, 09:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

I know there's a thread about it already maybe,but I don't feel like digging through the old posts and bumping it up.

I recently got this cheap Caline Time Space Delay pedal. Not sure if I like it as much as the BOSS delays,but it sure sounds trippy using it while playing Interstellar Overdrive..

Also interested in Buzz Osborne's new effects pedals....

https://hilbishdesign.bigcartel.com/?fbclid=IwAR3yqP4nPbj6TX7RMOcj1RLHk7ydqpC_5v4hbdWpm2ssHfoG02QYkX4-XnI

Lumpy

I am going pedal crazy, all the time...

For cheap ones that are good, I really like the recent Electro Harmonix Big Muff Reissues: Green Russian and the orange Op-Amp version are great, and can be found used on Reverb.com or Ebay for about $60 (shipping included). I also really like the Electro Harmonix Flatiron Fuzz (Rat clone/variant) for the same price. The Electro Harmonix Satisfaction fuzz is a cool 60's sounding fuzz, but is not as loud as the others I just listed, so it's hard to incorporate onto a pedal board with other fuzzes. But sounds cool for Davey Allan type fuzz tones. And also about $60.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RacerX

After test-driving the Scree-Fish Fuzz from Electrocuted Harmonix, the verdict is in: It stinks to high heavens.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

i picked up a morley power fuzz wah. cliff burton signature. i love it. so cool on my bass. 

neighbor664

Nothing remarkable, but I've been wanting to baby my Boss FZ-2, so I bought a Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz to be it's proxy.
I mostly use it for it's upper octave fuzz.

giantchris

^^^
Got one of these, its the heaviest bass distortion I've ever had.

^^^^
And I got that for lightly overdriven tones but I haven't been able to use it because it got delayed being released for so long that I had surgery and can't play the whole time I've had it lol. 

Isabellacat

I finally got a good setting on that Caline Time Space pedal the other day btw!

Not as varied as the BOSS delays,but it adds a good wetness to the tone of my current Orange amp setup.

I'm thinking of getting a wah pedal next.Haven't had one since my Jimi Hendrix wah was stolen a few years ago.

Lumpy

Idiotbox has a 25% off sale now for Black Friday (they make the Landphil distortion and the Blower Box, and a bunch of other rad pedals).

http://idiotboxeffects.bigcartel.com

Maybe this belongs in the Hot Deals thread but nobody else seemed to care about the Hot Deals.

25% off now, after Thanksgiving it's 15% off.

RAGER

Are their pedals good quality?  Never heard of em. See they made a pedal for Whores it looks like.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Their pedal seem to vary as far as usefulness (subjective) and some of the graphics are dumb and sometimes the boxes themselves are too big. But I've heard good things about the Landphil and Blower Box for bass distortions.

I only own one of their pedals, the Static Fuzz which can mix white noise with your signal and sounds good for low level applications, such as home recording and home practice. Amount of texture unrelated to volume.

Isabellacat

Saving my money for a Gibson Maestro Fuzz!

Was that the very first distortion pedal ever made btw?

Also want a Dallas  Rangemaster Treble Booster pretty bad!

mortlock

The dod death metal is the first distortion pedal ever.

Not true actually BUT its the only one that matters.

RAGER

My first was a Ross distortion. My buddy had the Ross phaser/distortion. It was rad. BUT when I got ahold of an HM-2 I was like whoah dude. Said 16 year old me.
No Focus Pocus

Stonergrunge

The latest one was this Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal, I bought this thing mostly for the WMD Protostar but I've had way more fun using it with the Minifooger Tremolo instead.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Roodbaerd

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Got my Hundred Dollar Boost. It's got a momentary latching mode which is cool.

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: Roodbaerd on February 12, 2020, 11:58:37 AM

Managed to snag one of these.

I bought one too. Expensive, but it rules.

Earthquaker Devices pedals are great - they don't seem to make anything that isn't useful for something or other (if it fits your needs).

I bought a used Ghost Echo online like 10 years ago, it went bad recently. I sent it to Earthquaker Devices and they fixed it for free (I only paid postage). Lifetime warranty! I told them I wasn't the original owner, it didn't matter. Ghost Echo is a cool spring reverb, sounds good even with distortion pedals, has a haunted sound, instant "Cramps" reverb in a box.

Roodbaerd

Quote from: RacerX on February 12, 2020, 02:53:05 PM
Sweet—EQD is good stuff.
It's my first EQD pedal. Didn't doubt the quality but yes it's good stuff!

Quote from: Lumpy on February 12, 2020, 08:06:24 PM
Quote from: Roodbaerd on February 12, 2020, 11:58:37 AM

Managed to snag one of these.

I bought one too. Expensive, but it rules.

Earthquaker Devices pedals are great - they don't seem to make anything that isn't useful for something or other (if it fits your needs).

I bought a used Ghost Echo online like 10 years ago, it went bad recently. I sent it to Earthquaker Devices and they fixed it for free (I only paid postage). Lifetime warranty! I told them I wasn't the original owner, it didn't matter. Ghost Echo is a cool spring reverb, sounds good even with distortion pedals, has a haunted sound, instant "Cramps" reverb in a box.
Top notch service right there. They seem like a good bunch.

Lumpy

Submarine

Just sold a bunch of pedals and now these just came in.  I'm already super happy with both.
I've slightly preferred Morley over Dunlop for Wah and this thing delivers (and takes up less space on the board).
The Silver Foxx is an update on the Foxx Tone Machine Fuzz.

Muffin Man

Nice, you have serious pedals. I never looked/heard at the Morley Wah but will now. I had a couple Real McCoy's - the Wheels of Fire and some other one. Need to try a third RMC. So many wah's to try, just need "the one".

Every time I look at the Stomp Under Foot they're sold out - must be good stuff. There's a J. Mascis pedal they make.

Submarine

Quote from: Muffin Man on June 23, 2021, 08:31:16 PM
So many wah's to try, just need "the one"

So true.  I gave up on wah for a long time.  The all sound a bit different and trying to find the one works with your rig is a quest.  I only reconsidered when I saw this new line of mini morleys.  The normal ones are huge.  This one can do the "cocked wah" thing in addition to it's regular wah. 

Dylan Thomas

I just ordered and bought a bunch of pedals, I'm doing a more stripped down, reliable board for Black Pyramid that still can get plenty weird.  I used to be more of a "plug and play" kinda guy who didn't like dialing things in, and I guess during the pandemic I had plenty of time to tweak things, so I also got some pedals I can tweak more for the sounds I want.

So I got an Earthquake Devices Grand Orbiter for dialed in phasing, a Catalinbread Zero Point for manual foot flanging, and a Strymon El Capistran to simulate tape echo live (I use an Echoplex in the studio).  It was the only tape type echo I liked the sound of that also had a tap temp.

I also had to replace my tuner which was really janked up, so I got a Boss TU-3 Wazacraft one, which is pretty nice.  I can choose between true bypass and buffered signal, which is super sweet.

I also just got this weird Beetronic Swarm pedal to use in the studio.  I'm gonna try that out in a little bit, I'm not exactly sure what it does, though it seems wild so whatever.  I haven't bought new pedals in many years, hoping a new board build and some freaky shit will jump start a new age of creativity.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Muffin Man

Cool! I got a swarm too. Also got another weird pedal, the Fuzzrocious Croak filter fuzz. Going to tweak around with these oddballs in the studio.

this is the color I got, just the standard.

I'll take a pic of the Croak, the colorway I bought online isn't accurate.