un-fuckiing-believable

Started by black_out, January 07, 2011, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black_out

guess who's head took a shit during a set last night......
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Jake

I guess black_out is an accurate handle, then?
poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Danny G

Yay! Wasn't me this time.

And I do sympathize. I've been blowing up shit that last 3 years, friends are starting to call me "Dynamite Danny" cause I blow shit up. Just blew another 10" in my bass cab, and that was the one I put in to replace the other one I damaged.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

black_out

Jake: Based my luck with amps and pedals, coupled with the fact that I never really learned when enough whiskey is enough, yeah, black_out is pretty appropriate.

Sunn: I really do need to start saving up to buy a back up head. What I'd really like to do is get a JMP and hang on to the Laney as a back up. Maybe even sell the Laney at that point and pick up something else as a back up. I've kind of always wanted a black face Bassman. Just gotta kick this pedal addiction and free up some cash.

Danny: I definitely feel your pain dude. I have the worst luck with gear. I just had the output tranny replaced on this thing 6 months or so ago.

Good news is a fuse solved the problem for now. I'm still gonna drop it off at the tech and get it checked out, though. Got a buddy that's gonna spot me a JCM2000 until I get it back. I really hope that never happens at a show again, shit ruined my whole fuckin' night. 
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Discö Rice

I've had the same luck with bass drum pedals. when I was a kid I got suckered into buying a CB700 pedal that broke within a month. My Dad spent more time fixing it than I did playing it. I had an Axis A2 that ate shit in the middle of a long double bass run at a good sized gig. Luckily I had some cash handy and bought a DW 9002 a couple of days later. I will never buy anything made by Axis again. As it stands now I'm saving up for a Trick Bigfoot so I don't ever have to worry about that shit again.

Bass drums are tricky little bitches though. Probably the worst thing that's happened to me at a gig was at a show that was my old band followed by a super group of like 20 of Seattle's best musicians who were doing an improv thing, many of whom I was foolishly hoping to impress. About halfway through our third song, the little Kevlar patch on my batter head fell the fuck off my drum, leaving all of the glue on the drum head in the exact spot that my beaters made contact. As you can imagine, within a few seconds, both beaters were stuck to the drum. I kept kicking them loose only to get them stuck again instantly. My band mates kept looking at me like "what the fuck are you doing?!" and I was too busy fucking up to answer them until the end of the song. I tried to fix it by covering the gluey spot with duct tape, and that got me through half of the next song before the same thing happened. Luckily I had a giant floor tom that I ended up conscripting into service as a bass drum so I could finish the show, but by that point the beaters were covered in glue and the damage was done. Bleh. Funny how a little thing like a fuse or a little kevlar sticker can ruin everything, no?
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Chovie D

for a cheap portable back up amp, Ive seen people carry around a crate powerblock. It fits in a backpack or under the van seat. 200 watts of solid state power. $99. I wouldnt wanna use one as my main amp, but it will get you thru the gig. Thats said..I own one and never carry it to gigs. I should probably just throw it in my trunk and forget about it. spare fuses too. and tubes. pres at least.

Hemisaurus

I must confess I'm with old greenman (Joel from Electric) with amps. Don't get one with too much shit in it. Sorry but I'm just venting, got some 3 channel monstrosity on the bench right now, with no fucking schematic, 4 PCB's, and a melted heater circuit. I'd rather be working on a JCM 800 or a SuperLead or even that old Laney we sold to some dude on the old forum.

Valve sockets on a PCB should not be allowed!

VOLVO)))

ew, ew, ew, Herbisaur. I worked on one of those gretsch chet atkins with the built in effects, maaannn... that motherfucker had so many rusted wires and pots... 6 pots in all. three huge cavities.... etc. Fucking nightmare. +1 for simplicity.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

NoSleepTilSleep

Did I get this from the old board? "If your amp has more than 6 knobs, you might be one of them"

dogfood

That's funny...I've found my new sig.
Problem solving whiskey!

Jake

I've been thinking about getting one of these, just for the novelty. Coupled with a decent disto/dirt/fuzz/etc pedal, it seems like it'd make a handy backup as well.

poop.