Main Menu

More craigslist wtf!

Started by Hemisaurus, January 13, 2012, 08:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baltar

http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/msg/3048163676.html

Destroy Nick Cage!  Huh?

"Channel 3 - Overdrive Lead
This is where it gets pretty serious... handle with care... ever see the movie "The Rock" with Sean Connery playing some badass criminal and Nick Cage playing his pansy self? You know those little balls of disease death that the whole movie is about? One false move with one of those and your toast.... same deal with the lead channel on this amp.

Do what Sean Connery should have done and free the world of Nick Cage and his bad acting by putting this channels gain at 6 and blowing Nick Cage up. Thats all youll need. Marshall and I both take no responsibility for gain levels beyond 6....EQ shared with crunch channel.

I play some 90s rock, some posthardcore, some metalcore... this amp hasnt let me down yet. If anything my playing has let this amp down, and that's why it's leaving me for you.
Comes with 5 way switch (can switch reverb and effects loop in or out + all three channels)

$700 OBO
NO SHIPPING/WESTERN UNION/PAYPAL/PRINCE OF NIGERIA BIRTHDAY BULLSHIT"

I guess this guy doesn't really care for Nick Cage.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

fuzzfarmer

WTF?!?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/3088232690.html

custom CONCRETE telecaster

"Yep, you read that right. I've got a custom built concrete telecaster that I'd like to trade. It was formed with a lightweight mix so it weighs 12.5 lbs, and features a GFS Vintage Nashville filtertron pickup, Alpha pots and orange drop cap, mahogany neck with walnut fretboard, bone nut, and mortar mix fret markers. I built it for the TDPRI challenge build, but I've started getting into cycling now and am looking for a nice road bike so the guitar has to go. i really do hate to part with it, though, because it plays great, sounds fantastic and is definitely cooler than anything else you'll see. The sustain is absolutely incredible as well. Looking to trade for a nice 56cm Cannondale, Trek, Giant, or Specialized road bike, or if you'd like to buy it, feel free to shoot me an offer. 405-880-4600"

tombhex

Quote from: fuzzfarmer on June 20, 2012, 10:55:28 AM
WTF?!?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/msg/3088232690.html

custom CONCRETE telecaster

"Yep, you read that right. I've got a custom built concrete telecaster that I'd like to trade. It was formed with a lightweight mix so it weighs 12.5 lbs, and features a GFS Vintage Nashville filtertron pickup, Alpha pots and orange drop cap, mahogany neck with walnut fretboard, bone nut, and mortar mix fret markers. I built it for the TDPRI challenge build, but I've started getting into cycling now and am looking for a nice road bike so the guitar has to go. i really do hate to part with it, though, because it plays great, sounds fantastic and is definitely cooler than anything else you'll see. The sustain is absolutely incredible as well. Looking to trade for a nice 56cm Cannondale, Trek, Giant, or Specialized road bike, or if you'd like to buy it, feel free to shoot me an offer. 405-880-4600"

boy, i bet that piece of shit sings.

mutantcolors

You think he'd take an offer to trade him a concrete bike very well?

dogfood

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/msg/3103560915.html

;)

HIWATT DR103 w/ 4X12 CAB - $2500 (LOUISIANA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The HIWATT Custom 100 features a dual channel preamp with Low and High sensitivity input for each, 100 watts of all tube output, and individual controls for Brilliant / Normal inputs, Bass, Treble, Mid, Presence and Master Volume. Equipped with 4 x EL-34 tubes in the power stage, 4 x ECC-83 tubes in the preamp. Adjustable 4, 8 & 16 ohm output impedance. Cab is loaded with 4 12in Fane Speakers.

The DR 103 features the point-to-point, military specific design based on Dave Reeves original amplifiers. HIWATT Custom amplifiers use only the best quality components, including hand-wound Partridge transformers and marine birch hand-built cabinets.

This head and cab have been maintained yearly by a tech and the head has been stored in a road case which is also included. Tubes are approx 3 years old.

Features
Power: 4 x EL-34 tubes
Preamp: 4 x ECC-83 tubes
100 watts
Dual channel: normal and bright
Adjustable 4, 8 & 16 ohm output impedance
Low and High sensitivity inputs
Individual channel volume
3-band EQ
Hand wound

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Problem solving whiskey!

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RacerX

Willing to trade or sell Beautiful condition excellent sounds.In like new condition. Perfect for someone wanting to learn and then invest is a great guitar later.
I bought this before I discovered that I have no talent or coordination or patience to learn. This guitar is in perfect shape, I want someone to
enjoy it, for me it's just a constant reminder of how little talent and ability I have. So someone please buy this guitar and save me from doing something stupid like
backing over it with my truck or lighting it on fire. So if you have any sympathy for this lovable little wooden instrument you can save it's life. In 5 days it will be
charcoal and wire, Willing to take reasonable offer of cash or trade. The dog is not for sale at any price.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/msg/3076516663.html
Livin' The Life.

justinhedrick

Jake

Not a link to anything whacky on CL, but just wanted to relay how frustrating the stream of lowballers are when posting something for sale.

I've been lowballed so badly that I now tell them that if they can legitimately find the same item I'm selling ANYWHERE online for what they've just offered, they can have mine FREE of charge. And I'm not kidding.

Another gripe, everyone always says "I'll give you $XXX cash today..." for whatever. Seriously, what other form of payment am I going to accept with a classified ad? With PayPal, I'd eat 10%, so that's not up for discussion. Am I going to take a check? Discover card? Barter for chickens?

*editor's note: I, myself, have offered less than the asking price, but never less than 80% or so of the asking price. And never ever when anything about a "firm price" is mentioned (I always list an item at the lowest I would take and put "price is firm" on my ads).
poop.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jake on July 21, 2012, 02:09:26 PM
With PayPal, I'd eat 10%, so that's not up for discussion.

FYI:  If you make a paypal purchase as a gift, you don't eat the fees.  There's no buyer protection that way so it won't do you much good on CL, but for deals with stand up dudes (SRLives.comrades for example) it can come in pretty handy.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Mr. Foxen

I'm getting a lot of people moaning my shit is overpriced, citing for sale ads that are broken down pieces of shit, and sometimes ads that are scam bait, vs my restored revalved, recapped and fully working amps. If it's cheaper elsewhere, why aren't you buying it there?

Anyway, I like having amps, and I also like lots of money, therefore I put my amps up for sale in public places for lots of money, because either way I win. Selling them cheap would mean no amps and not much money and fuck that. Shit's listed cheaper in places where they'll be bought to play music.

Metal and Beer

Lowballers, gripers and such amuse me at best, I just hit 'em with a "don't buy it then" verbal/textual shrug.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

bitter

More nu-metal capabilities?  ;D

We had a shit storm on my local looking for musicians listings yesterday. Some of these people take their crappy bands way too seriously. Here's the gist of it:

Ira kicked me out of the band because I missed a practice... I had to go see my doctor because I have prostate cancer!

Well I've known Ira for 15 years with no problems

On a scale of 1 to 100, I'd give Ira's band an 8.

:D :D :D :D

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Mr. Foxen

bitter

Guess grandpa didn't put many miles on it  ::)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Hemisaurus

http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/msg/3218496119.html

B.C Rich bronze series warlock guitar - $650 (springfield)

Date: 2012-09-01, 9:28AM CDT
Reply to this post

has a couple little niches in paint easy fix only been played a couple times since bought new last year very nice playing electric guitar will trade I'm open to all offers but don't waste time with junk items for trade must be of equal or greater value I will send pics of guitar upon request call/text 217-691-3586 thanks

ryansummit

with the price of "NICHES" goin through the fuckin roof
its a bargain

dogfood

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/3246467077.html

FREE upright piano (Little Elm, TX)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-09-02, 10:30PM CDT
Reply to this post
Reply to: 8tj6d-3246467077@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Trying to get rid of our piano. Free to anyone willing to come get it (it's very heavy and will need 2-3 men I would assume). This piano was given to me a few years ago. However we never did anything with it. It's VERY out of tune, and I'm not sure if it is even "tunable". Just hate to take it to the dump in case someone may want it. Please call/text 936@714@6569.

Check out the model of this piano it is a Chickering and Sons 67BB.  Now check this out...

http://www.shullpiano.com/html/chickering_uprights_-_2.html

$11,995 for the same model piano...chances are that the free one is in terrible condition and would take a huge chunk of money to fix it up.
Problem solving whiskey!

Hemisaurus

I've always wondered, could you tune a piano with a good chromatic tuner?

My only experience of piano tuning was a blind guy with a set of tuning forks would come tune it.

ryansummit

trade for high gain half stack or music bundle

email -- - please put your phone number in subject line so i can reply faster and so i can tell your not spam thank you ..,, also if you have pics send them aswell with your email

..will trade for..>>... other music equipment krank hughes & kettner engl orange framus soldano mesa boogie and other high gain amps half stacks full stacks, hunting item or items cr 250 quad motorcycles things of that nature

yes it is still available yes it is still for sale

no spam no checks no money orders i will not ship I WILL DELETE THIS AD WHEN IT IS SOLD SO IT IS STILL available yes it is still for sale

real man right here
i think hes also takin gas,grass,and ass in trade but thats a given

Hemisaurus

http://peoria.craigslist.org/msg/3240223978.html

Selling a First Act Strat style six string electric guitar which has been remodeled in the image of a Vox Teardrop guitar. It is in playable condition and features a new Duncan Performer pick-up which combines a powerful ceramic magnet with a pair of over-wound coils for maximum heaviness. It's loud and growls! Includes a soft gig bag. $40. Call or text 309-645-6020.