Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

I have my Kramer lumie out of commission. It needs frets, and the inlays are going to be redone. I'm slowing chipping away at it, as I have money...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

I love that electric. Actually koi's while rig,and tone are pretty much top shelf.

clockwork green

Koi you're a bad person and your mother may or may not have had a promiscuous past involving men she was not married to. 

Mine EGC should be arrive in February-ish....a lucite/aluminum necked flying-v
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Baltar

Got a new Bogen P.A. head a few months ago for $200 and my Hairpie.  Sold my Squire Tele Custom and got a Memory Boy DLX.

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Discö Rice

I love that amp! Looks like a camp stove.   :)
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Glitchyghost

Quote from: clockwork green on September 27, 2011, 01:31:34 AM
Koi you're a bad person and your mother may or may not have had a promiscuous past involving men she was not married to. 

Mine EGC should be arrive in February-ish....a lucite/aluminum necked flying-v

You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me!  My mother's a saint. Ha!   You're going to love the EGC man.  Kevin is top notch to deal with, too.  The pic I uploaded is actually from a while back.  I ended up sending her back to get fitted for humbuckers.  The p90/aluminum combo was a bit too bright for me, and not enough output.   He had it back to me in less than a week.  She sounds huge and mean and all Hell, now. 

Baltar

Quote from: Discö Rice on September 27, 2011, 02:00:05 PM
I love that amp! Looks like a camp stove.   :)

The guy I got it from told me it's real close to an old Bassman circuit.  6L6's and 50 Watts.  I might re-house it someday.  Only 4 of the pots are connected, so I'd just remove them from the faceplate.  Gain, Master, Bass & Treble.  It feels like a stove after about 30 mins of playing, so there's a gargage-style door on the back that flips up.

Hemisaurus

Wow, those power tubes look really close together, or is it the camera angle?

Baltar

Here's a google photo of the guts, so you can see the plates.  I guess the 6L6's are pretty close but, not any different than most amps.  Maybe an inch betwixt. 

Hemisaurus

Oh that's not so bad, in the other pic it looks like they are practically rubbing against each other, and that transformer too.

neighbor664

My first brand new amp purchase in over a decade. Fender Champion 600. One pre-amp tube, one power-amp tube and one volume knob!

[attachment deleted by admin]

At_Giza

Hovercraft Andromeda 20, the baby version of the usual ~100 watt Andromeda. 'Tis a little beast. This one is Proto #1.

This is it:

xayk

Quote from: At_Giza on October 17, 2011, 04:10:34 PM
Hovercraft Andromeda 20, the baby version of the usual ~100 watt Andromeda. 'Tis a little beast. This one is Proto #1.

Killer. I was following the updates on the Hovercraft FB page of that very amp, and it sounds awesome. Congrats.

dunwichamps

just put in the deposit on a Emperor 4x12

2 Weber 65s, 2 Weber Axis Ceramics (Fane clones)

At_Giza

Quote from: xayk on October 17, 2011, 04:35:13 PM
Killer. I was following the updates on the Hovercraft FB page of that very amp, and it sounds awesome. Congrats.
He's already up to building the next one. If I wasn't happy with this one I would buy that one too, but then again...

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 17, 2011, 04:38:18 PM

You're one step ahead of me. xP I need people to buy the stuff I have for sale before I can put down the deposit on the things I am getting from 'em.

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 17, 2011, 04:43:46 PM
Quote from: xayk on October 17, 2011, 04:35:13 PM
He's already up to building the next one. If I wasn't happy with this one I would buy that one too, but then again...

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 17, 2011, 04:38:18 PM

You're one step ahead of me. xP I need people to buy the stuff I have for sale before I can put down the deposit on the things I am getting from 'em.

Im selling shit left and right lol, once i get a 4x12 here comes a 2x15!

At_Giza

I don't have much to sell, though... The stuff I do have no one seems to want. I WANT MY EMPEROR CABS!

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 17, 2011, 04:55:26 PM
I don't have much to sell, though... The stuff I do have no one seems to want. I WANT MY EMPEROR CABS!

lol, gotta whore more. Craigslist works I am selling old shit like hotcakes priced to move

At_Giza

Maybe I'll just work the corner... At least I'll have the cabs, with the added bonus of venereal diseases.

Hemisaurus

is it cheaper to go out and get a local builder to make you cabinets, or is that only true here in Amish country?

dunwichamps

Quote from: Hemisaurus on October 17, 2011, 08:49:52 PM
is it cheaper to go out and get a local builder to make you cabinets, or is that only true here in Amish country?

Depends on what you want, if you buy used, now if new then yes

At_Giza

If I had a woodshop capable of finish work I would build my own cabs, I've got the skills. AND I would build them cheaply (and prohibitively expensively too) for us poor (and deep pocketed) musicians.

I have cabs for sale, not sooper cheep, but still cheap. Even built one of them myself in an afternoon.  :P

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 17, 2011, 09:04:26 PM
If I had a woodshop capable of finish work I would build my own cabs, I've got the skills. AND I would build them cheaply (and prohibitively expensively too) for us poor (and deep pocketed) musicians.

I have cabs for sale, not sooper cheep, but still cheap. Even built one of them myself in an afternoon.  :P

I am over GASed on this Emperor, going rip faces off

At_Giza

I want to be able to rip faces off too... At least with my beta lead... Need more money before I get one for the Hovercraft. :'(

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 17, 2011, 09:13:06 PM
I want to be able to rip faces off too... At least with my beta lead... Need more money before I get one for the Hovercraft. :'(

you need a 4xKT88 setup, like this

Gain Stage, DC Coupled Follower, Bax stack, Gain Stage Mid Control Gain Stage, 2 tube Super LTPI into 4 KT88s