Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Yep, reverb too.  Both are awesome in an cheesetastic way.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

clockwork green

Finally done.  It's being shipped out Monday.  I kinda think I should have gone with 24-frets since I don't have a neck pickup but I rarely play above the 17th anyways.  It's my take on the virtues of a Les Paul jr. (but with a humbucker) done as a V.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

Yeah, I'm proper jealous, man.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Baltar

Good God^^^^^.  Not a V guy, but wow. Even the knob is plexi!!!  It's plexi right?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Jor el

Sweet Baby Jesus on the Cross
What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Seriously, I think that won this thread.  Might need to start a new one.

hayseed

^^^^That V is so nice! I am not a huge fan of playing Vs but I can appreciate the beauty of a guitar.

Not that i can top that but I am trading my Laney AOR100 for a mint 2009 SG Classic with P90s (cherry finish)this week hopefully. I like the head a great deal but really don't need it, i use my Marshall way more . I have been wanting a SG with P90s for sometime and this one came up locally on CL.
"We just want to make the walls cave in and the ceiling collapse. Music is meant to be played as loudly as possible, really raw and punchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." - BON SCOTT, AC/DC

Mr. Foxen

Actually got this last week, but stacking all those amps for that bird to pose in front of basically wrecked my back, so I didn't unpack it till now.

dunwichamps

oli ne progress on those SC120 plastic plugs for the impedance switch and the voltage selector?

Jake

That's a cool V.

Saw Buzzo playing a lucite EGC last weekend in Austin. It made me want one too.

Linky for pics: http://www.brooklynvegan.com/austin/2012/04/melvins_mohawk.html
poop.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: dunwichamps on April 29, 2012, 10:02:33 PM
oli ne progress on those SC120 plastic plugs for the impedance switch and the voltage selector?

I gave them to a bloke who'll make molds when he is next making molds, cause it will be cheaper that way.

Oh yeah, look at the tragedy I just pulled out of that Roost:

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on April 29, 2012, 10:30:56 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on April 29, 2012, 10:02:33 PM

I gave them to a bloke who'll make molds when he is next making molds, cause it will be cheaper that way.

Oh yeah, look at the tragedy I just pulled out of that Roost:

thanks for the 411, when they come into being let me know I really do want 1 for my SC120 rebuild

Gold Lions woot

Hemisaurus

In Scotty voice

#2 tube's lost her getter captain ;D

Mr. Foxen

Notice two are also missing the spigot on the bottom.

Can probably sort you with one or two selector plugs from the poor SC200 that got converted to SS.

Hemisaurus

Yeah, but you can fit new bottoms, if the tubes are good ;D

I suppose you could reflash the getter too, but not with just a soldering iron.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on April 29, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
Notice two are also missing the spigot on the bottom.

Can probably sort you with one or two selector plugs from the poor SC200 that got converted to SS.

dont want to do that unless you really want to give em up

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on April 29, 2012, 09:54:24 PM

Actually got this last week, but stacking all those amps for that bird to pose in front of basically wrecked my back, so I didn't unpack it till now.

wow, Immense want...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

TBX150 just ordered. Never played through one but I have a good feeling about it. Will use my Amptweaker TightMetal with it if it's preamp distortion isn't so great. If none of that works out I'll just put a Mesa on my credit card or haul all of my gear out into the street and set fire to it.

VOLVO)))

Man. That may have been a mistake...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

liquidsmoke

May have but it was very inexpensive and I seriously suspect that at the very least I'll find it a better amp to use with distortion pedals than my GH. NOT selling the GH but the Randall has got to go as it's a corroded rust bucket.

Corey Y

If it has an effects loop just plug the TightMetal into the return and use it as a preamp. That's how it's intended to be used anyway. If you hate it there's bound to be some 15 year old metalhead in your neck of the woods that would love it.

liquidsmoke

It does. Tried that already with my Randall and Laney. I wish the tightmetal had regular eq knobs in addition to what it has now. It sounds a lot like an amp preamp. As it is I prefer to just run it through the preamp but have the gain all the way down then I can use the amp's eq knobs at least. Or I could get an eq pedal.