Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grimniggzy

my RAT II aslo beat out my Big Box RAT (i know, wtf?!)  ???

Corey Y

There's no accounting for what sounds better with Rats, in my experience. I've heard them with and without the LM308 sound better or worse than the other and I've heard multiple identical pedals sound different from each other.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Corey Y on July 06, 2012, 03:28:27 PM
There's no accounting for what sounds better with Rats, in my experience. I've heard them with and without the LM308 sound better or worse than the other and I've heard multiple identical pedals sound different from each other.

That's so true, I think it's a case of the tolerances of the other components can really add up to a net gain or a net loss in tonal quality no matter what the chip is inside a pedal.  Kind of like the Fuzz Face but not quite as bad of a percentage of good/bad as they used to have when they were being mass produced.

I think unless every pedal has trim pots and is tweeked by one person at the plant there will always be good, bad and many shades of grey in the middle.
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

clockwork green

I'm going to have find done to get to the studio to try this out...Jesus sure looks a lot like my step-dad.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

showdown

tombhex

Quote from: clockwork green on July 07, 2012, 08:05:50 PM
I'm going to have find done to get to the studio to try this out...Jesus sure looks a lot like my step-dad.

oooh, what's this?!

The Shocker

I wish somebody made eyeball knobs.  I spent an hour one day searching and came up with nothin but a headache.

VOLVO)))

Deany, lemme see if I can etch one.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 12, 2012, 10:20:21 AM
Deany, lemme see if I can etch one.

Cool.  I need to look at the gumball machines around here too.  Sometimes they have eyeball rings.  My mind pictures an eye of Sauron style knob.

BTW, the pedal sounds fucking awesome.

Baltar

It was a limited deal w/ the eyeballs.  They musta run out of 'em too.  Looks easy to do though.

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

The Shocker

Those on the top photo are pretty much what I am looking for.

Also here is another guitar I bought to piss Sunn Jake off when I send it to him.

The Shocker

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

You talking about the eyes or the guitar?  I'm pleasantly surprised the guitar actually sounds decent.

VOLVO)))

Seriously, if you jerks like fuzz... get a Ritual. Shit is aggressive enough for most heavy musics. Palm mutes well, doesnt handle triplets too well, it's just so gnarly and fat. It'll be going down the right channel on my dbeat recording project thing. hm-2 going left, and the caitlinbread SCOD Dean sent me going center. Probably use the Ritual on the bass, too.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

Quote from: The Shocker on July 12, 2012, 03:22:37 PM
You talking about the eyes or the guitar?  I'm pleasantly surprised the guitar actually sounds decent.

Both!
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Yeah, those eyes are totally what I had pictured in my mind.  Funny thing is it took me 2 seconds to find them after seeing how those eyes were done on the pedals above.

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 12, 2012, 03:33:49 PM

Seriously, if you jerks like fuzz... get a Ritual. Shit is aggressive enough for most heavy musics. Palm mutes well, doesnt handle triplets too well, it's just so gnarly and fat. It'll be going down the right channel on my dbeat recording project thing. hm-2 going left, and the caitlinbread SCOD Dean sent me going center. Probably use the Ritual on the bass, too.

likes this

eoin_not_ian

On Friday I bought my first ever guitar amp, the Peavey 6505 plus 112 combo. Decent sounding amp, good price and some nice features. I had looked at getting other stuff (Laney AOR etc) but the fact that most of the time I play bass and barring an emergency will never ever play a gig as guitarist, made it the right buy for me. Even though the 100 watt half stack would be better, it it not 'better' me if it is too loud for me to make much use of.

I also bought a BBE Two Timer delay. It was either that or the Akai. BBE was more versatile.

The rest of the summer should be fun.

Baltar

Congrats Eoin, looks like a really good first amp. Plus you can always add a cab to it.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

MichaelZodiac

Flogged at work, headphones still broken but somehow I found the time to buy this baby. Picking it up next week, can't really spend a 2hour drive on weekdays to get an amp.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

eoin_not_ian

Quote from: Baltar on July 15, 2012, 08:07:08 AM
Congrats Eoin, looks like a really good first amp. Plus you can always add a cab to it.

Thanks man.

nightterrors

Quote from: The Shocker on July 12, 2012, 12:28:33 PM
Those on the top photo are pretty much what I am looking for.

Also here is another guitar I bought to piss Sunn Jake off when I send it to him.

nice.

showdown

Got myself a Peavey Valveking 112 combo with good tubes (TAD) for cheap. I'm going to convert it to a head, install a bias pot and mod the drive channel a little. Way too much gain on this one.