Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Picked up an OX bass fuzz yesterday from a dude off of talkbass. I'm pretty pumped to try the thing out at next practice

ryansummit

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 25, 2012, 05:16:34 PM
Quote from: I,Galactus on October 25, 2012, 04:58:32 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on October 25, 2012, 04:21:59 PM
Those are old Ludwigs.

Of course they are, you lucky sumbitch.  ;)

RIP to your pops' bro.  Glad to see his haul going to a good home.

This was my buddy's dad. He's a crustie/train traveling kid, and wanted no ties. He gave it all to me. I've been going around to our show houses and a couple indie venues that my buddies run and giving out PA equipment so all of the houses have legit PA's. Feels good.

you are a good dude jake
and a liason to the crust as well
youre of a dying breed
gettin new guitar
will pm about that setup
keep yer faces outta sandys rottencrotch y'all

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Instant Dan

A boo-teek Boss DM-2 with double the delay time (600ms) and a tone control. Nice, warm, and dead-quiet for analog delay. Doesn't clip out under heavy OD or fuzz. For the price I picked it up for, it was well worth the money.

moose23

New scratch plate and screws fro my SG, have a new bridge and tail piece already here so should all be back together this time next week.

Next up is a couple of pre amp filtering caps for my Sound City and a 6L6 or six for the Peavey and we're nearly there.

clockwork green

Ugh, I hate all of the bills I have piling up. Once I think in nearly done, I got hit with another round. I did get one of those souldier straps, it looks cool and is well made but very slippery so on my neck-divers it kinda sucks.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lumpy

A mighty arsenal, and stuff like that:

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

Those look a lot nicer than I had anticipated.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Andrew Blakk

Quote from: Lumpy on November 09, 2012, 03:43:39 AM
A mighty arsenal, and stuff like that:

Looks awesome! How do they sound?

Edit: Hm, maybe I should read the Mooer topic instead don't you think?  ::)

Corey Y

More cheapies! I picked up a Joyo Ultimate Drive on Amazon. So cheap, I sprung for 2 day shipping so I could try it at practice. I wanted to get an OCD, but figured I'd try the Chinese knock off first. I've only tried it on bass so far, but it sounds killer. When/if it ever breaks I might spring for the real deal Fulltone.

Made a clip at home, real quick just after I took it out of the box. Fender MIM Precision in B (rattling like crazy, because it needs a setup) > Ultimate Drive > GK MB800 > DIY 1x10 > Shure SM7b straight into my interface, no compression or EQ. Settings in the pic are what was on the recording.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/corey-y/joyo-ultimate-drive-precision[/soundcloud]

Drama

Since my old band split I've not had a bass around the studio. Picked up this Les Paul Oversized to fill the void.

Yeah, I have a hard on for Les Paul's.

SoupKitchen

Wow, that is gorgeous. What's the scale length on that puppy?

Jake

Picked up one of them there Yamaha THR10 amps a couple weeks ago. Very, very cool little knockaround amp for the living room and/or recording. Lots of great features on board and even more when connected with the USB cable to a 'puter.

I intended to buy the THR5, and after playing around with both for a while, came to the conclusion that the 10 was definitely worth the extra $hundo.

poop.

neighbor664

How's that "virtual tube illumination" sound?  ::)

Jake

Ha! I think the orange LEDs are a nice touch. Plus, it's easy for me to tell if I left the little fucker on or not.
poop.

Drama

Quote from: SoupKitchen on November 10, 2012, 09:00:56 AM
Wow, that is gorgeous. What's the scale length on that puppy?

It's 34".

The body is oversized, about 10% larger all round than a regular LP.

natehusky

Now to figure out how to make it work

Drama

^ Awesome man!

I just missed out on a Sunn Model T rig on Craigslist. Called up within an hour of the listing to demo it with the intent to take it and it'd gone. Gutted!

The Shocker

Quote from: Jake on November 10, 2012, 01:05:13 PM
Picked up one of them there Yamaha THR10 amps a couple weeks ago. Very, very cool little knockaround amp for the living room and/or recording. Lots of great features on board and even more when connected with the USB cable to a 'puter.

I intended to buy the THR5, and after playing around with both for a while, came to the conclusion that the 10 was definitely worth the extra $hundo.

I got one too.  Anyone want mine holler at me.  Will post in the for sale thread.

Pissy

Quote from: natehusky on November 10, 2012, 02:30:55 PM

Now to figure out how to make it work

I think we can find you help with that.
Vinyls.   deal.

Jake

Just snagged this off of Craigslist. Been jonesing to try one of these for a while. I'm very impressed with this instrument, especially when considering what they cost. But I think I've come to the conclusion that most guitars can sound pretty good out of my amplifier wall.

poop.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Man, that is swank!  Seems to be a more deluxe version than my hero's:

Watch that neck dive!

themusketking

Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Pissy

Quote from: Jake on November 12, 2012, 05:37:08 PM
Just snagged this off of Craigslist. Been jonesing to try one of these for a while. I'm very impressed with this instrument, especially when considering what they cost. But I think I've come to the conclusion that most guitars can sound pretty good out of my amplifier wall.

That's awesome. You buy that strap just for this?  Newer fender retro?

I have a '64 Olympic that is really sweet. Light, good sound and a baseball bat neck. The tone knob is the real star on it. Lots of tonal swing.
Vinyls.   deal.