Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

the originals of those are really sweet, love those old epis. shoulda bought some in the 90's before they were fully discovered.

Mr. Foxen

Pissy

Quote from: Chovie D on November 16, 2012, 01:39:44 PM
the originals of those are really sweet, love those old epis. shoulda bought some in the 90's before they were fully discovered.

Back in '98 or so, they were still expensive. $1000 for the Coronet. The Steve Marriott 'Dwight' even more so.
Vinyls.   deal.

Instant Dan

I'll finally STFU about not having a tele. :P

This guy put in way too many upgrades for a Mexi.

Barnhard

The Shocker

jibberish

when I jump in , I jump in big.........or not.

this sounds pretty nice, even tho it sounds pretty small. I don't mean small as in "not loud", I mean small as in tin can small.
That being said, I was already jamming to ted nugent the thinness doesn't matter, and that strengthens the concept of "thin guitar sits nice in the mix". I was using playing tone to get richer or thinner/more cut and of course playing volume variations.

uncle ted has made some of the best, and imHo thee worst album ever made. so he really is bi-polar, but the one with fred bear is just a party album and relaxed nugent and nice to play along with

they have a speaker jack in back, so no problem changing speakers, but this little speaker may have its uses, time will tell.   
wtf $99 for tubes. and no hesitation about voiding the warranty heh
the guitar jack is in back. I don't know if I like that yet, but pretty small detail at this point. good grades for looks. it's cute.

Mr Neutron

just picked up a mojo hand colossus, and some lava cables.

anyone looking for mojo hand, or jhs pedals might find something here:

http://www.thesignalrocks.com/specials
"Where words fail, music speaks."

RAGER

Got this bass yesterday.  I posted aboot it in the blog thread.  parts Jazz bass.  Plays awesome.  $110 and a Boss os-2 and it was mine.

Thought my girl was gonna get me one them Greta amps but I think she ordered me a set of 3 French saute` pans.  Oh well, I'd probably have gotten tired of the Greta but I won't get tired of them pans.

i bought one of them Mono straps a couple months ago too.  Killer strap.  Will outlast me.
No Focus Pocus

zachoff

Selling one of my G&L L-2000s tonight and hopefully picking up a G&L SB-2 tomorrow.  Stoked.  Hopefully more to come.

Jake

Wow. You're near Denver, right?

So...can I have it? Pretty please?
poop.

zachoff

You can play it if we ever hang out for sure & if I ever sell it I'll let you know first.  Cool?

showdown

Just got a Mighty Mite Tele neck, a Tele bridge, bridge PU and a nice OLD hunk of 2 x 8" pine for my next project.

fallen

A box arrived this week.

Got an Elements pedal to replace my Musket for a while. There are so many settings on it but so far I'm only into the low gain. The high gain is just a bunch of fizz with the stuff I've tried it with so far.

Got the PGS Trinity version of the TC Hall Of Fame reverb. Sounds amazing with dirt and cleans. Makes cleans sound piano like. A bit bright but has a tone knob for the effect which is nice. Haven't tried the TonePrint where you can download other presets yet but that's a nice option.

Also got a EarthQuaker Bit Commander synth pedal which is fun but I have got to stop buying different synth pedals. They are all great fun but I usually end up going back to an old OC-2 into fuzz for organ stuff.

Jake

Technically I haven't acquired this gear yet, but I'm too excited to wait, so I'm posting it now.

Just ordered all the parts for a Warmoth Tele Deluxe build. This guitar is a pretty good mashup of my favorite attributes of a Les Paul and a 72 Deluxe. Obviously, the silverburst finish is very Gibson, and also the neck is a '59 Gibson profile. The 6150 jumbo frets, too. But I think the best parts are veeeerrrry Tele. Extra Light Swamp Ash body. String-thru body/bridge. Four-bolt neck. Inline tuners (I love that). And last but not least, the 25.5" scale. I grown to greatly prefer the 25.5", for a lot of reasons.

Peep my rendering and some screen grabs w/ deets. Super stoked to put together my dream machine. Expect me to bump this in 4-6 weeks!

poop.

RacerX

Fender wide range humbuckers?
Livin' The Life.

Jake

Yeah. For the time being, I will be using the bridge and all the (upgraded & changed values) pots/electronics I have in my reissue Deluxe. Despite their innerweb reputation, they work spectalularly for bringing the heavy and the sparkle with my rigs.

Maybe someday if I'm feeling randy, something like these will find their way into my "Silverburst Deluxe"

http://curtisnovak.com/pickups/wrhb.shtml
poop.

xayk

Love a nice Deluxe. Well played.

everdrone

got new cabs for my bass heads, so now I have an 810 wall of sound. these cabs only weigh 40 pounds each, and both fit together in the back seats of my corrolla. They sound great!  They are the gallien kreuger ultralight 4x10 cabs.  Here is my 810 rig with my rickenbacker 4003 and my line 6 400 lowdown head and backup peavey tour 450 head:

dunwichamps

bass sic

That tele looks sweet. If I can ever sell my stingray I have a jazz body all designed at warmoth. Jazz body, P neck, two humbuckers and rear control cavity. Ill probably use a fender neck with a rosewood board just because all my other basses have been maple.

everdrone

The Shocker

Snagged one of my dream guitars.

SunnJake is currently working on my other dream guitars.

dunwichamps