Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

I've been thinking a out a. We PAF styled pickup for my Iceman. How are you liking these and how is your guitar tuned out of curiosity?
Actuslly just looking at the numbers and the bridge pickup has super high output.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

The Bandit

Quote from: clockwork green on January 11, 2013, 02:57:43 PM
I've been thinking a out a. We PAF styled pickup for my Iceman. How are you liking these and how is your guitar tuned out of curiosity?
Actuslly just looking at the numbers and the bridge pickup has super high output.

The Winos?  They haven't been installed yet on the Goddess.  The stock pickups in the Goddess 490/498's are really bright & not in a good way.

bbottom

As much as I liked the SKB board, the wires everywhere made me nuts and the thing was a lot bigger than what I needed (that's what she said). So I broke down and bought a pedal train along with a power supply.

ROCK

Sam Hain

Dave J

That is a pretty Les Paul right there.  Nice. 
"I wish I could talk in technicolor." -- volunteer housewife during acid experiment circa 1956

"Look at me! Look at me! Look at me now!
It is fun to have fun, but you have to know how."
--Cat In The Hat

themusketking

Picked up an Akai Analog Delay and a JOYO Voodoo Octave.

Turns out the voodoo octave is pretty much a fuzz pedal with a weeeee bit of octave up thrown in.  I actually really dig the fuzz since it's completely different from my Red Witch Fuzz God. 

The Akai analog delay, while not incredible, does exactly what I want it to do and doesn't color my tone.  Plus, I got this thing for a fucking ridiculously good price.

Now that I've realized that the JOYO octave is a fuzz pedal. I'm looking for an ACTUAL octave pedal. Also, I just put a EHX Holy Stain on layaway. Pumped aboot it.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

Lumpy

Most octave up pedals are octavia/foxx tone machine type (fuzz with a subtle Hendrixy harmonic-sounding octave). Octave down pedals will double your note, but octave up does not (with a few exceptions, for example POG from Electro Harmonix, or the Pitch Shifter/Harmonizer type pedals from Boss).
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

Gear acquired. Meet the (7 pound!) Telebastard Deluxe. Don't know if you can read the waterslide, but it's serial number J000666

Just need a better fitting pickguard before wiring/stringing.

poop.

Jake

Also just received this sexy little number in a trade.

poop.

The Shocker

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2013, 03:27:14 PM

Hot damn. What did you trade for it?

Jake

A Gibby (non-reverse) Firebird.
poop.

apekillman

original or re-issue?  nice either way!

Drama

Been using Wino's for a few weeks now. I really like em. Time permitting Thursday I'll do some clips of those and the Matt Pike's.

They're in a Custom Shop Class 5.

themusketking

Quote from: Drama on January 16, 2013, 10:14:12 PM
Been using Wino's for a few weeks now. I really like em. Time permitting Thursday I'll do some clips of those and the Matt Pike's.

They're in a Custom Shop Class 5.

Hell yea! I've been debating whether or not I want the Pike's for my SG.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

clockwork green

You're dead to me.

Is that a Souldier strap? Mine is absurdly slippery so if any of my guitars are at all neck heavy it exaggerates the issue.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

BastardCthulhu

I just picked up an Acoustic B600H and 8x10 cab.  Ridiculous low price of $550, loud as fuck, and way more personality than I thought it would have.  Color me happy.  and loud.  Definitely loud.

RacerX

Quote from: clockwork green on January 17, 2013, 10:44:54 AM

You're dead to me.

Is that a Souldier strap? Mine is absurdly slippery so if any of my guitars are at all neck heavy it exaggerates the issue.

Gotta figure the acrylic body battles the neck dive pretty well on those Ampegs.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

Oh yes. It's got body dive.
poop.

RacerX

Prolly less on that lower strap button.
Livin' The Life.

Instant Dan

I wish I would have picked up Corey's Tech21 when I had the chance, this thing blows the Retro-Sonic Delay out of the water.

I also wish I would have gotten these axekisser patch cables sooner. Little to no floor noise, even with a 1-spot.

mutantcolors

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2013, 02:45:50 PM
Gear acquired. Meet the (7 pound!) Telebastard Deluxe. Don't know if you can read the waterslide, but it's serial number J000666

Just need a better fitting pickguard before wiring/stringing.

That is bonerific. What's the deal w/ them Fender split buckers anyway?

apekillman

Jakels, did you have that waterslide decal made?

Jake

Hey guys. The pups are stock Fender reissues. Designed the decal myself and had this fella make it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281010209411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Almost went with this version, but I figured it's all either genuine Fender parts or Licensed Fender parts, I'm fine with Leo's name on it.
(Only the tuners and the jack are not.)

poop.

taylo)))r

Quote from: Jake on January 16, 2013, 03:59:39 PM
A Gibby (non-reverse) Firebird.

you mean this one that I just got from you?

(insert interesting quote)

Corey Y

Quote from: Instant Dan on January 18, 2013, 12:54:15 PM

I wish I would have picked up Corey's Tech21 when I had the chance, this thing blows the Retro-Sonic Delay out of the water.

I also wish I would have gotten these axekisser patch cables sooner. Little to no floor noise, even with a 1-spot.

I'm glad you didn't though, actually, because I use it all the time now.