Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neighbor664

Surprisingly well spent $25. Breath life into a mediocre sounding practice amp. I'm running my Strat through it into my Champion 600 and it sounds so much bigger and tonefull.
Heck, it doesn't sound too bad in front of computer speakers even.

Mr. Foxen

neighbor664

The newest addition to the family.

neighbor664

Jake

Wow! I LOVE that multi-layer binding with that goldtop finish. Great choice. I would totally rape-bang that thing.

Finished my Telebastard this afternoon and am all set up with my Squier Tele now. The Squier got a maple neck (that I had lying around) and rewired with a Seymour Duncan Hot Rail that coil taps with the push/pull tone pot (thanks, Galactus). The 'Bastard will eat Les Pauls for lunch and the Squier is an absolutely lethal goddamned sleeper.

poop.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

I sholey likes dem guitars.
No Focus Pocus

xayk

This is not the first time this forum has seen this guitar:

The difference is that now I'm in love with it. The Guild of Calamitous Intent.

VOLVO)))

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

One day I'll be able to afford all of the nice things I bought... 'til then...

Best guitar I've ever owned.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Holy shit dude. What's in the "keep" pile, exactly? Never thought I'd see the Guild in the "fuckit" pile...?!
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Jake on January 23, 2013, 01:10:02 PM
Holy shit dude. What's in the "keep" pile, exactly? Never thought I'd see the Guild in the "fuckit" pile...?!

My Mexitele, 86 Usa Mockingbird,Pharaoh, Beta Leads, Acoustic 370. I sold the Guild, and the T is sold on this Sunday. Soon as Im outta the hole, I'll get it all back...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

New cab day...EV loaded 2x15
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

I,Galactus

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RacerX

My buddy Neb (bass/vox a few bands back) had that same cabinet. That fucker sounded badass.
Livin' The Life.

clockwork green

I love their cabs and some of their bass amps and none of their guitar amps (though I haven't tried anything newer than a Mark IV). I hope I can find a good deal on another one. I tend to like 4x15's more than 8x10's.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

RAGER

Quote from: clockwork green on January 25, 2013, 12:56:39 AM

My old bass player had the same cab. He ran a 400plus through it. Oh my heck did it do the job. Can't go wrong IMO
No Focus Pocus

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on January 25, 2013, 12:33:16 PM
Quote from: clockwork green on January 25, 2013, 12:56:39 AM

My old bass player had the same cab. He ran a 400plus through it. Oh my heck did it do the job. Can't go wrong IMO

Actually, there is a potential downside to those cabs: if the screws holding the grille loosen or the rubber pieces that isolate the grille from the rest of the unit dry out & crack, they can get rattly. Easily fixed with some Loctite and/or new rubber pieces.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

That ain't a downside, just normal wear and tear.
No Focus Pocus

Jake

I think he meant downside in that it is normal wear and tear, but it's wear and tear that can directly affect it's ability to function acceptably (depending on how bad the rattle is). Not just something like scuffing or paint chipping, etc. that tend not to affect the sounds it makes.
poop.

RAGER

Or blood or cum or pussy juice or groupie sweat or roadie tears or whiskey, beer,and cigarette ashes......  Loosened stuff isn't a downside just part of maintenance if you use your shit.  But that's prolly and argument all in itself.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on January 25, 2013, 06:32:30 PM
Or blood or cum or pussy juice or groupie sweat or roadie tears or whiskey, beer,and cigarette ashes......  Loosened stuff isn't a downside just part of maintenance if you use your shit.  But that's prolly and argument all in itself.

I couldn't explain my original post any better than Jake did, so I won't try.
Livin' The Life.

RAGER

Ok don't.  I'm just feisty today.
No Focus Pocus

Instant Dan

Quote from: neighbor664 on January 22, 2013, 05:13:36 PM
The newest addition to the family.

Is that the 2000 or 3000/3100/etc.?

How does it play? I've had a chubby lately for the P90 version of it.

neighbor664

Dan, it's a custom order AL-3XXX. I guess it is most like a 3200 because it has neck-thru and contoured heel. I have a GFS Mean 90 I just haven't got around to putting in the neck position.
It plays and sounds awesome! I received it all set up, dressed and ready to play.
Gibson who?
If I had to come up with something negative to say, it would be that the gold color is more metallic sparkly than a traditional goldtop.