Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake

I actually like the more sparkley goldtops – reminds me of a Gretsch.

Now post pics of the back w/ the neckthrough. Chop chop!
poop.

neighbor664

Sorry, the lighting in my place is kinda shitty.
Note that with a little stretch of the imagination the serial # could be read as "A 24 (hr?) 667(neighbor of the beast?) This was certainly unintentional and vaguely amusing.

clockwork green

The back is the best looking part of the guitar.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

VOLVO)))

Quote from: clockwork green on January 26, 2013, 09:14:43 PM
The back is the best looking part of the guitar.

I'm sure people say the same thing about you. ;D
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

I,Galactus

Quote from: Jake on January 22, 2013, 06:47:25 PM

Glad to see that noisy little bastard getting some love.   :)
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Jake

Yup. Got it wired with a coil tap so it still can give up that Tele spank. But wide open, it sounds like a muscle car. Muchas gracias.
poop.

RAGER

I love this Jamroom swapping/recycling program.  I need to join in somehow but I almost never get rid of shit.  But I prolly have something around I could swap for a Tele body.

Also I'm gonna build a sub kick microphone.  Who's with me??  Got an old practice amp laying around that doesn't work or you hate.  Turn it into a sub kick mic.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Quote from: RAGER on January 27, 2013, 08:56:32 PMI love this Jamroom swapping/recycling program.  I need to join in somehow but I almost never get rid of shit.  But I prolly have something around I could swap for a Tele body.

Also I'm gonna build a sub kick microphone.  Who's with me??  Got an old practice amp laying around that doesn't work or you hate.  Turn it into a sub kick mic.

You need a shell? Ive got a 14 inch chrome tama snare shell, and could dig up a small speaker outta my shitpile no problem. Pay the shipping.

I may even have some mesh to protect it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

Dude I got all that shit but thanks.  no need for an enclosure at all really.
No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Make it look good, or don't do it at all.  ::)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

Kind of one to move on, as sorted for combos, but today:

Discö Rice

Quote from: RAGER on January 27, 2013, 11:19:59 PM
no need for an enclosure at all really.
There is if you plan on making sound guys laugh at you at actual gigs. There are a lot of ways to put holes in those things and pull wires loose.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Jake

Since I poached a lot of the parts from my walnut Tele Deluxe for my Telebastard, I've slowly been acquiring what I needed to put it back together. And since it was all pulled apart, I decided to take the very thick poly down to a much thinner (and now matte) finish and beat it up a bit. Very pleased with the look, feel and sound of it now.

poop.

Lumpy

How'd you remove the polyurethane?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

VOLVO)))

Sanding. That shit is so. Fucking. Thick.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

If you sand it down, doesn't that cloud it up? I guess you buff it smooth after that?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

Sorta cloudy, but I'd say its just "matte" now. Finish taken down with several of those green kitchen scrub pads slapped into an orbital sander. Swirl marks buffed out with Nu Finish Scratch Doctor auto polish.

You might be surprised what it does to your brain when you pick up a the same guitar sans all of that thick poly. It truly feels like a whole different guitar.
poop.

Drama

Been using a Pharaoh for a while now. Last week a client at the studio had a Black Forest on his board which he let me hang on to for a few days to play with. Really dig it. Gave my Pharaoh to my sister (other guitarist in my band) and ordered myself a Coven, the Pharaoh/Black Forest split.

Had to go for the green. Looking forward to its arrival.

Danny G

Most recent purchase

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

tossom

Impulse bought an Ibanez PH7 today, it was £35 in a sale so I thought "fuck it, why not?" :)
"Beige rock"

mutantcolors

I have the DE7 and the CF7, really hard to beat that series of pedals for the price.

themusketking

I was given a Fender Excelsior a few weeks ago. Score!
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

The Riffer

Quote from: Drama on February 27, 2013, 01:22:21 PM
Been using a Pharaoh for a while now. Last week a client at the studio had a Black Forest on his board which he let me hang on to for a few days to play with. Really dig it. Gave my Pharaoh to my sister (other guitarist in my band) and ordered myself a Coven, the Pharaoh/Black Forest split.

Had to go for the green. Looking forward to its arrival.

Excellent, Thanks!
If memory serves me right, we did 6 of the green ones.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

eoin_not_ian

I have bought a Trace Elliot V6. It was meant to be delivered today, but apparently somebody tried to deliver it the day before whilst I was out playing a gig. The next door neighbours took delivery of it on Friday and then promptly headed out for the weekend. Great.

clockwork green

A friend of mine has a V6...sounds great if you like deep and clean. He blew a transformer out at one point but it's been otherwise solid in the last 10 years of hard use.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"