Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Shocker

Quote from: heytrid on April 10, 2013, 01:40:31 AM
1977 Gibson RD Custom, intact factory electronics, production #6

Beautiful.

heytrid

Quote from: moose23 on April 10, 2013, 12:49:30 PM
One of the coils and a few of the frets are fucked but it were very cheap.

That is much like the frets on my RD haha, got a quote today for around $400 to refret and some other work to it, do not ever plan on getting rid of it so might as well spend some money on it.

VOLVO)))

Wow... 400$ for a refret?

What the fuck am I doing to myself...

What other work?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

heytrid

haha not that much in all honesty, the guys that are worth taking gear to here charge out at $80/hour and he said 4-6 hour job from start to finish.

Alberta man... where the oil and cash rule, Even for me to work on stuff for cash money in my garage (atvs/motorcycles) it is $50/hour.

VOLVO)))

... What the fuck... am I doing. I charge 30$ an hour, and flat rates for setups...

engh. I need to give myself a raise.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

It's often in that ballpark out here but everything's expensive in the Bay Area. If you move to an expensive area with a lack of tech's the you could charge that as well.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

moose23

Looks like I'll be getting fretwork done in trade for fuzz, I just hope it's only those few lower frets that are done for.

VOLVO)))

We have a lack of techs, just an influx of hacks who think they are techs. This town is abysmal.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

eyeprod

Picked this up for free yesterday. Given to me by a generous stranger. We're friends now! Late 60s vox solid state bass amp. In great shape and sounds cool too
CV - Slender Fungus

VOLVO)))

Those Mocks ended up bot sucking too bad. I did a lot of work to one, and it was a total doll.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: eyeprod on April 11, 2013, 10:51:01 AM
Picked this up for free yesterday. Given to me by a generous stranger. We're friends now! Late 60s vox solid state bass amp. In great shape and sounds cool too

How did you manage that feat?

VOLVO)))

I just traded some busted ass Ludwigs for a 790$ DW Collectors series 6.5x14 Stainless Steel snare, and a set of 60's New beats. Fuck.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

$1000 out the door. did I do ok?  (not my pics but same guitars)
also they threw in 2 nice fender gig bags nd 2 nice molded hosa guitar cables since the $6.99 sales ones were gone

I found out best buy is closing the music dept at this store and blowing everything out.

hagstrom ultra swede with that sexy something maple top.   plays like a fucking dream, really well trimmed, coil tap rules, lighter than my LP studio

MiM fender blacktop tele. has the funny bar with the selector+single tone+vol. OMG does the twangy shtit perfectly i'm stoked.

Schecter Damien elite FR w/active EMG's and whammy bar. any retard can make pinch harmonics on this guitar. i'm glad I practiced exactly how racerX told me to practice: make squealies on your UNPLUGGED guitar

clockwork green

Proper twang from a Gibson style humbucker? You have offended the gods of tone snobbery. Cool haul though...nothing interesting ever has blow-out sales around me.

VOLVO)))

Anyone notice they "pre-countried" the control setup on those blacktop teles?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 13, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
The top hat knobs and the pickup selector towards the back?

I,Galactus

Speaking of teles:

Also, fuzzhugger(fx) pipe amp:

^ lovin that shiny little dude
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

clockwork green

I was told it would take a year and it nearly took two and a half but my new Openhaus is finally here. Not as cool looking as the original but the added low and high mid's make it quite versatile.

Now for the family photo. The Vault on the left and original Openhaus on the right.

jibberish

Quote from: I,Galactus on April 15, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
Speaking of teles:

Also, fuzzhugger(fx) pipe amp:

^ lovin that shiny little dude

see that oatey company in clevo? jim oatey was a good friend of mine. he was like the next generation past the minds that built that company, so he was a simple guy with extra cash. too bad he cashed out from a heart attack. I miss him. we all had some good laughs. [/random small world trivia]

edit: hey  C dub  8D. that whole family there, you need to send it to morty. it would look awesome with his gear. it looks like his gear actually. so yeah

VOLVO)))

Gal, wsup with the old tele body? Wanna donate it to a new home? :D

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lumpy

Hold up, Jirbish bought a Hagstrom, a Fender and a Schecter for 1000 dollars? ???

If so, that is a sweet deal.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

I,Galactus

Quote from: jibberish on April 15, 2013, 10:35:01 PM
jim oatey was a good friend of mine.

That's cool.  I had that little bugger shipped to my work so that all my mechanical engineering colleagues could check it out.  We spec a pretty good amount of Oatey products, so it works on many levels.  :)

Quote from: SunnO))) on April 16, 2013, 12:19:25 AM
Gal, wsup with the old tele body? Wanna donate it to a new home? :D

We'll see.  Might have to send you the new one too since somebody forgot to route in the wire channels.   :(
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

RacerX

Quote from: clockwork green on April 13, 2013, 10:17:44 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on April 13, 2013, 09:03:11 PM
The top hat knobs and the pickup selector towards the back?

That's known as the "reversed switchplate" mod, I believe. Gets the volume control closer to the right hand.

Nice haul Jib!
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Yup, for those pedal-steel swells. I ask everybody who brings me a tele if they want that done, it's fucking awesome.

Send both bodies, the wire routes are easssyyy.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.