Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylo)))r

Quote from: The Bandit on June 12, 2013, 01:30:10 PM
Hey, Scott Hill in the Fu used a short scale back in the early days so stoner rockin is possible with one. 

I've used short scales before for stoner rock. I'm not worried.
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

Fucking nerds and your guitar talk.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

taylo)))r

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 12, 2013, 04:46:21 PM
Fucking nerds and your guitar talk.

you have to play that augmented 7th man.
(insert interesting quote)

VOLVO)))

I barely know how to put a cable in the jack.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

What's a jack? The hole thingee where the sound wire plugs in?
poop.

moose23

Just don't call it the input jack.  ;D

Lip

My main guitar amp is a YBA 1A - has kt88s in it - sounds great for bass and guitar - obviously not a ton of volume on tap for bass - but more than you might think.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

bbottom

I've been going a little gear nuts over the past few days. I bought another Orange 1 15 cab (I'll post pics when it's with the big rig) an Orange Terror bass and a hartke 112 neo cab.
The original plan was to use the other 115 cab for the terror and then I could get rid of my old Yorkville combo amp that weighs a ton. Well I forgot how deep and heavy Orange cabs are so I figured I would just keep the new cab with the other one for full stack power.

I couldn't find a reasonably and light bass cab anywhere. The orange cab that is "supposed" to go with the terror head is stupid expensive. Anyway I wandered into the local Best Buy and they are blowing out all of their music gear because they are only going to sell it online from now on.
The cab was originally priced at like $400. I offered them $150 and they took it. Sweetness.
The thing sounds decent, only weighs like 30 lbs and it can handle 300 watts. Sold

I took the badges off of it as soon as I got it home :)

bbottom

A pic of the full Orange rig from today's practice

Jake

poop.

clockwork green

I approve of that riggage.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Jake

These compensated saddles delivered today. Just spent 2 hours setting this one up as a bona fide backup guitar; which meant it needed 13s, dropped to B, intonate the saddles and adjust the truss. She fought me at every turn, but I feel like a just broke a wild stallion – this thing is a serious, serious sleeper now. People might shit when they hear the apocalypse that will bellow out of this thing.

poop.

Chovie D

them screw holes in the saddles look unfinished  >:(

Jake

They're fine IRL. They was only $12 cheapies. Nothing a minute with a file can't fix next string change, I spose.
poop.

Chovie D

I was just giving you shit. run the screw all the way thru some day, that will take care of the shitty tap job.

clockwork green

Jake

My tired brain and sleepy eyes read that as Moob Party.

Carry on.
poop.

clockwork green

I saw a guy at The Body show on Sunday with "TAKE CARE" as a knuckle tattoo but he had a wedding ring on so I initially thought it said "TAKE CAPE" which might have made home a superhero with amnesia. Misreading stuff happens, usually for the best.

VOLVO)))

Pretty sure that's the best post in this thread.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Riffer

My two latest gets:
Found a matching cab for my 68 bassman

Butcher 120 and a mid 80s JCM 800 basscab w sidewinders.

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

Chovie D

The Shocker

Damn, Mark!  Good haul.

The Riffer

Yeah man, my dripedge bassman is a VERY prized possession. I have alot of stuff pass through my hands, but thats a piece I have attachment to.

This one is damn close: 72 Bassman 100.

The Peavey and Marshall are just cheap and effective beaters to leave at the practice room.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

charmander

Hey all, first post might as well introduce mysef while I'm at it, i posted on the ol stonerrock site a little.

Anyways, this Xaviere just showed up yesterday and I gotta say, it's bad to the bone for 200 bucks.

next to my other crap

Also, I have ebay goodies on the way..

65 Alamo Paragon Bass

and this mystery guitar, got some p90s for it n shit. 60s mij?

SabbathJeff

That last one there looks unholy.

I wish I understood any of this shit.  My brain doesn't operate musically.  Artistically, it used to.  But never musically.  I leave you to jam in your jam room, just wanted to say hey, I appreciate what noises you guys and gals make.  Thank you and carry on about your business.
Burn Everything Ash

Cinders Smolder Life

Fresh Crop Harvest

Eat. Sleep. Stonerrock.