Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lip

Quote from: SunnO))) on September 16, 2013, 12:22:41 PM
Are we giving away things?
In the land of the innerwebs - I believe it is complimentary to ask people for their tings mon.....
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

fallen

This will probably get me banned but I played in a band where the singer sang through a Space Echo and we used to all try it out in our guitar rigs and it never sounded as good as it sounded on vocals. If I had $800 to spend on a crazy effect I'd go find one of those Fender rotating baffle speaker cabs or maybe I'm dreaming on price. Those are the craziest sounding things in person. 3D sound reflections from every direction in a smaller room.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: Volume on September 17, 2013, 02:04:00 PM
Quote from: SunnO))) on September 17, 2013, 10:25:50 AM
How do you know it's the motor? Does it turn at all? Electronic motors usually... Go.. They don't fade.

It's a brushless DC motor. Depending on what voltage it wants to see, the motor circuit will drive any motor of that variety. I read a few minutes ago that these things have bearings? Those could sieze or be shitty, now. Also, the roller could be out of adjustment... Heads dirty... So much on these fuckers to break.

Also, apparently shitty aftermarket tape loops can do shit like that, too. The motor has its own separate fuse too...

I had a tech take a look at it and he said it's the motor.

I want you to take a look at it for me. Does the motor run AT ALL? There is a fair chance those bearings have seized...

you see that information placard on the motor? If you're feeling froggy, you should get the information off there for me.

The thing about most electronics techs is that they aren't mechanics...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

I see FOUR fuses. F3, 2.0a is the one for the motor. Next to that fat cap. If it's out, that explains it. If not, that rectifier for it may be shoddy. If you can figure out what pins on those molex connectors are power/ground, you can try to spin the motor manually. It wants to see +15V, you can probably spin it with a 9V.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

You should be able to disconnect the motor and feed it 12vdc direct and see what happens.

Anyway on to my new gear acquisition.

VHT Special 6.........for a 100 bux.  Bam!!

I get there (after leaving work early heh) and the dude says "Dang my phone is blowin up over this thing!"  Yeah no shit?

No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

The OCD I bought from Instant Dan. Nice packing sock, Dan.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: neighbor664 on September 20, 2013, 02:42:01 PM
The OCD I bought from Instant Dan. Nice packing sock, Dan.

I sent dogfood like 10 old tshirts with his Traynor.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Glitchyghost

Quote from: fallen on September 17, 2013, 09:35:56 PM
This will probably get me banned but I played in a band where the singer sang through a Space Echo and we used to all try it out in our guitar rigs and it never sounded as good as it sounded on vocals. If I had $800 to spend on a crazy effect I'd go find one of those Fender rotating baffle speaker cabs or maybe I'm dreaming on price. Those are the craziest sounding things in person. 3D sound reflections from every direction in a smaller room.

This isn't the DAM forum, where speaking your opinion about gear gets you comments like "fuck off if you don't like it" or my favorite personal insult, the understated yet powerful, "cock".    At least, from what I can tell.

I don't personally like the Space Echo for guitar either.  I've owned one more than once, and was never that blown away.  They do sound great with vocals, and even keys.   For my money, the Echoplex is the best tape echo unit ever made.  Even then, I'd take the El Cap if someone put the choice in front of me.

Glitchyghost

I got a Mr. Black Gilamondo the other day.   Not to be too hyperbolic, but it's the best phase shifter I've played in well over a decade, and I've blown through them like bubblegum.  Even sold a Maestro wedge after being told by everyone else that it was the holy grail.   For $159 it's a steal for the quality and small footprint.   Highly recommended.

The Bandit

You have to do A LOT to get banned here although we do try to keep it civil in the Jam room.  Nobody really gets slammed for their opinions as long as they aren't trolling.  Hell, my favorite amp is one that SunnJake hates and he doesn't give me that much shit about it.

VOLVO)))

The ONLY person I really give shit is RAGER, and that's because he is an uppity Orange/Les Paul playing used car salesman.  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

James1214

words

Jake

Fuck off if you don't like cock.
poop.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Mr. Foxen

RAGER

Sooo......nobody likes my little VHT?  I'm super diggin it.  Totally worth a hundred bucks.  it's still gott the og shit tubes in it and it sounds good.  Gotta dig through my stuff to see if I have a better tube compliment.  Although I know I don't really have any good 6v6's.  supposedly they'll take any octal tube but I know a big bottle won't fit with the speaker in there.

Oh and damn do I love my Marshall ;)
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Quote from: RAGER on September 20, 2013, 05:12:53 PM
Sooo......nobody likes my little VHT? 

If it was made outta cocks, these guys gays would be all over it.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

I wish those were the hand wired ones, they're super cute. I would chop it into a head, better known as "Jaking"

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

You're goddamned right.

Heads > combos
poop.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

VOLVO)))

Ah, pre China? The first couple hundred were apparently some of the best ever made.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Chovie D

heres a thread on space echo motor rebuild
http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=418969&sid=39d97f88fcb419b352fbff6c2ec2d392

some things are sadly unobtainable....Accutronics moved their operation to chinaland and I cannot get a replacement for the spring reverb tank in my eveans head, for example. Ive scoured the earth.

VOLVO)))

Mcmaster-carr, Choves. You're a crafty guy, you can handle it. Just find a spring with the same diameter wire, and the same PPI, then make your own hook ends. Harden them with a propane torch.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

That motor rebuild looks amusing. Volume, that bearing work is pretty easy... You oughta fix that sucker.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RAGER

If I do get that RE-201 in a trade I prob ably won't be using it for guitar but with a modular synth I want to build.
No Focus Pocus