Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

I don't want to confuse anybody with my lingo!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

Yo lumpy let me know when youre done with that rig and ill take it off your hands.

Lumpy

Right on dude. It's heavy, the head weighs 90 pounds! But sounds so good.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Some sort of Rucci oscillator device?

I really like these little drone boxes (I have one with two oscillators) but it seems like more bang for the buck, and more controllability, to buy an actual synth.

RAGER

All three on the right are Rucci jobs.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

is that for some sort of power electronics set up??

RAGER

It could be. I just do some bleeps and spaced out bloops.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

rager you should go to this although im thinking you probably don't live anywhere near buffalo ny. its going to be a power electronics tour de force. except my band who is the only actual band on the show.
https://riffrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=14075.0

RAGER

Sounds fun but yeah I'm just outside Portland.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Plenty of BleepBloop shows in Portland, I'm sure.

Is Pulse Emitter from Portland? That dude is pretty great.

RAGER

Yeah Pulse Emitter is local. I've seen him at the noise shack a couple times way back.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: RAGER on March 21, 2019, 06:31:47 PM
Sounds fun but yeah I'm just outside Portland.
i mean its only a 39 hour drive. you can do that.

Lumpy

I am acquiring new gear... a video glitch thing (low tech, which is fine for my needs). I want to start projecting video this year, maybe not all the time, but a lot more (I've done a little in the past). This one has a 1/4 audio input, which effects the glitching. I'll edit some footage and run it through this box.

Also, a small sound mangler which I found on Etsy (PLL and bit crusher type thing). And a couple of used stompboxes: Death By Audio Soundwave Breakdown, and Mid-Fi Electronics Random Number Generator. I need more ways to mangle my ordinary synth tones. Crossing my fingers that these will be useful (it's a bit of a crapshoot).

Muffin Man

Very cool. Let uz hear some nuggets whenst prepared for consumption. I'm working up an angle on something, not noise per se, but not 110-piece orchestra, either.

Muffin Man

RAGER

Oh there's more. Much more.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

The Rucci units have 1/8th" jacks? Is that standard or optional?

RAGER

Audio jacks are 1/4" cv/sync I/O jacks are 1/8 so you can use with hipsterrack. My modular is large format like Moog.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Then I retract this comment.

Quote from: Lumpy on March 21, 2019, 01:03:02 PM

I really like these little drone boxes (I have one with two oscillators) but it seems like more bang for the buck, and more controllability, to buy an actual synth.

RAGER

My six oscillator rucci drone box is busted. So I'm m sending it to him to fix and also add a cv in so that'll be fun.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Scarlett 2i2. This is a huge step up from the Guitar Hero USB Mic and Blue Snowball podcasting mic I have always used in the past. No, I don't have any proper microphones to plug into it, but I am curious to finally experiment with Direct In and see what Logic's amp and cab modelling is capable of.

mortlock

Been thinking about picking up an inexpensive fender p with a maple neck lately . Sometimes the thrill of the hunt is better than the kill and i dont want to buy it only to barely use it.
How do you guys who own more than one bass or guitar decide which to play at any given time?   

RAGER

I have a bunch of guitars that are currently unplayable due to neglect and lack of playing. I've got two playable acoustics that I rarely play and two perfectly playable guitars. I mainly play my sunburst Les Paul but my Yamaha SBG is always ready to go if I want to play really high up on the fret board. By now I've prolly got more delay pedals than guitars. And I'm looking at another that I don't fucking need.
No Focus Pocus

Plywood

My dad handed me this a few days back, a 1963 Epiphone Professional an inheritance from my grandpa. I like to pretend I'm in a smokey bar jazz band or hook up a Boss distortion pedal. It has some odd quirkiness like the tremolo & reverb knobs are right in the way were your wrists needs to go. No ground so getting shocked is a fun little extra. The amp is controlled by the guitar and has no other knobs - just for standby, on/of.