Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

At_Giza

Yeah, I know. I'd probably just put one in the middle offset a bit for both.

And I would make my own faceplate. I wish it were as easy to make this stuff as it were in my head.

Jake

I couldn't help myself and got this reissue non-reverse.

poop.

At_Giza

Well, help yourself and donate it to a worthy cause. ;D

Corey Y

Nice one Jake, that's a beaut. I've wanted a NR Firebird for a long time.

VOLVO)))

God fucking fuck.

I envy you, Jake. Straight up envy.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

fallen

Just picked this up for cheap. It plays amazing. The wood is pretty nice but the electronics are jacked.

The bridge pickup was replaced with a Gibson 300T but whoever wired it in somehow shorted something out and the output is like 1/10th my other guitars. There are two wires that are just twisted together and wrapped with tape in there.

Once I figure out the wiring problems it should be pretty sweet.

At_Giza

Put some money down on some Emperor cabs today.

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 20, 2011, 12:09:53 PM

fuck yea man, should be getting ours round the same time

what did u pick up?

RAGER

Quote from: fallen on October 18, 2011, 11:54:55 PM
Just picked this up for cheap. It plays amazing. The wood is pretty nice but the electronics are jacked.

The bridge pickup was replaced with a Gibson 300T but whoever wired it in somehow shorted something out and the output is like 1/10th my other guitars. There are two wires that are just twisted together and wrapped with tape in there.

Once I figure out the wiring problems it should be pretty sweet.

About a year ago i came across a very nice playing Epi Explorer.  didn't jump on it soon enough and somebody else realized it was a good one.  Played better than sever gibbys I'd played.  But oh the neck dive.
No Focus Pocus

At_Giza

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 20, 2011, 12:10:24 PM

what did u pick up?

Since I'm poor I just picked up a headbox for the beta power + and a 1x15 bass cab to start off the beta bass' stack. When I sell a couple more things I'll buy the 2x10 to complete that stack. When I come into more money I am going to have a headbox made for my Andromeda 20 and a 2x12 cab in Red Mahogany. That's about $900 more that I don't have right now. xP

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 20, 2011, 12:44:37 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on October 20, 2011, 12:10:24 PM

what did u pick up?

Since I'm poor I just picked up a headbox for the beta power + and a 1x15 bass cab to start off the beta bass' stack. When I sell a couple more things I'll buy the 2x10 to complete that stack. When I come into more money I am going to have a headbox made for my Andromeda 20 and a 2x12 cab in Red Mahogany. That's about $900 more that I don't have right now. xP

Nice, which speakers did u get in the 1x15? Stain color?

At_Giza

A 175W Weber. In Empire Red with a black grill (because no matter how good I think tweed and empire red looks, I don't think tweed fits with the betas).

dunwichamps

Quote from: At_Giza on October 20, 2011, 01:52:04 PM
A 175W Weber. In Empire Red with a black grill (because no matter how good I think tweed and empire red looks, I don't think tweed fits with the betas).

nice i am going to dig the Weber speakers never tried even tho I am long time heavy Weber customer.

I have a burst on mine, salt and pep grill

At_Giza

Quote from: dunwichamps on October 20, 2011, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: At_Giza on October 20, 2011, 01:52:04 PM

nice i am going to dig the Weber speakers never tried even tho I am long time heavy Weber customer.

I have a burst on mine, salt and pep grill
I've got friends with weber cabs with several different kinds of webers in them so I've tried a pretty decent range of them. I really dig the ones Emperor recommends, perfect range of everything for what I primarily play.

fallen

Quote from: RAGER on October 20, 2011, 12:23:55 PM

About a year ago i came across a very nice playing Epi Explorer.  didn't jump on it soon enough and somebody else realized it was a good one.  Played better than sever gibbys I'd played.  But oh the neck dive.

I've been trying out putting a 5 oz fishing weight in the electronics cavity of my baritone guitar to balance it out a little bit better and it helps a little...

I've been thinking of putting together a kit with a long 3 1/2" woodscrew and a 2" aluminum tube spacer and a washer to make it easy to move the top horn pivot point out 2" to change the balance point.

If it works out I'll post it on here.

Hemisaurus

I go to the local diving shop, they sell lead shot in little bean bags for diving weights, chuck one in your compartment for balance, or if it's a Gibson, 2 ;D

Jake

Long story short: Significant other needs to invest in something that will hold it's value for the next few years, if not increase.

Cut to new "family photo" with the addition of a '76 3-humbucker Black Beauty Custom. Got a great deal on it. Came with the case from a '68 Custom, too. Bonus.

poop.

Mr. Foxen

Scored some serious iron, possibly for a project, but might trade for a bunch of work from my tech:

Pundan

I bought a Whirwind Orange box (Phaser) and a DOD DFX9 the other day.

Chovie D

Baltar

Quote from: Mr. Foxen on November 12, 2011, 06:50:40 PM
Scored some serious iron, possibly for a project, but might trade for a bunch of work from my tech:

Fuckin' 'ell.  How many quid?
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

Mr. Foxen

Don't really do talking about prices of stuff I buy, some people like bringing it up when I try and sell it again. And flipping stuff is how I cover the cost of doing music stuff. But it was more the sort of price a broken rotting old PA is 'worth' than what a set of 200w iron is 'worth'.

Baltar

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.