breakfast

Started by Demon Lung, February 03, 2012, 11:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on October 03, 2012, 02:49:35 PM
Breakfast the other morning

Can you explain what's going on there? 

Looks like some sopresseta, baked virginia, grapes, feta but I'm at a loss for dipping stuff for the bread.  It looks like egg salad but I'm probably wrong.

RAGER

good eye on the egg salad ;)  Black forest ham, tartufo salumi from Fino In Fondo, some grapes, heirloom tomatoes, and bread w/ queso fresco
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

thinking of doing a spanish omelette for breakfast tomorrow... i shouldn't do it since i should be avoiding carbs, but a fourth of a potato won't kill me.
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

RAGER

Maybe you should have forgone the pastry yesterday and you wouldn't have to worry about the taters.

/know it all buzzkill
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

I know :(
I decided against the Spanish omelet this morning... Waking and not baking seems to be the way to go when trying to do some sort of dieting..
I could play Stairway to Heaven when I was twelve... Jimmy Page didn't actually write it until he was twenty-two... I think that says quite a lot..

juggernaut

Quote from: RAGER on October 07, 2012, 08:58:23 PM
good eye on the egg salad ;)  Black forest ham, tartufo salumi from Fino In Fondo, some grapes, heirloom tomatoes, and bread w/ queso fresco

I love eating in this manner.  I mean composed thought out dishes are great but sometimes it nice to just throw a bunch of tasty stuff on a plate.

themusketking

Started cooking my eggs with jalapeno slices. Man, that shit is fantastic.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

mertzy

Do you drink coffee with that?

Soundgardenia

Today is the day! I will do a Spanish Omelette!!

RAGER

^^Very nice.  i actually just had some oatmeal.  Zoing!!!  Nothing crazy today
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

But you have chili!

Soundgardenia

It looks gnarly but it's pretty tasty!

Need to learn how to turn omelettes...

And yeah, added turkey bacon to it because we're in 'merica!

MadJohnShaft

Leak (I grew) and potato tart quiche thing - all gone.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

Quote from: Soundgardenia on October 13, 2012, 02:37:54 PM
It looks gnarly but it's pretty tasty!

Need to learn how to turn omelettes...

And yeah, added turkey bacon to it because we're in 'merica!
real American don't eat crap like turkey bacon. Maybe Californians but they aren't REAL Americans. They are a joke

khoomeizhi

smoked flesh is smoked flesh. just sayin'. it doesn't have to be bacon for it to be tasty.
let's dispense the unpleasantries

RAGER

Behold Ragers Rib Sticker Plate
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I love havin different stuff for breakfast. 

Steel cuts oats with Melindas habanero sauce, chicharrone de carne, and roasted butternut squash.
No Focus Pocus

Soundgardenia

Breakfast today was a piece of garlic naan with a sunny side up egg on top... obviously I need to go grocery shopping.

Chovie D

why did I click on this thread when I am so hungry?  >:(

The Bandit

At the Cost Savers grocery store I got their $2.00 breakfast.  Scrambled eggs, regular or cheese grits, choice of meat (patty or link sausage or bacon), biscuit and coffee for $2.00 + tax. 

RAGER

I can only imagine the quality :D
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

Grits and eggs were meh, but the sausage biscuit was delicious. May try the 69 cent biscuit with sausage gravy next.

RAGER

You do alright income wise yes?  Do yourself right and spend a little more for your body.
No Focus Pocus

The Shocker

You are talking healthy vs taste?  Yes, I probably should.

RAGER

You can do healthy and tasty.  I'm sure the stuff they're serving you is frozen cheap shit full of sodium and preservatives.  Go somewhere where they at lest make the shit from scratch.  There's gonna be less crap in it because it's not processed to have a shelf life.  you were probably going to this place out of convenience so in that case, go to your local butcher or new seasons like store and buy the bulk sausage and make up some patties ahead of time and freeze them.  make your own sausage biscuit thingey.  If you need a stupid simple biscuit recipe let me know.  I f you need a kill gravy recipe let me know.  Eggs and grits are a no brainer to a southerner like you
No Focus Pocus