Movies you've seen recently

Started by diasdegalvan, April 06, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Last movie I watched is this weird ass 80's b-movie called Frankenstein General Hospital...

LOL 

Recently I spoke to the actor Mark Blankfield via Twitter and he seemed pretty cool. I'd say this is possibly my favorite movie featuring Irwin Keyes.

MikeyT

Quote from: mortlock on December 22, 2018, 11:17:26 AM
Venom.
Cool movie. Fun and great cgi. Looking forward to carnage in the next one. Im pretty sure spiderman will be there.

Had to get a hotel room 'cause the plumbers turned the water off so they could fix my neighbor's plumbing. Venom was on the box so I watched it.  Yeah, it WAS pretty cool. One of the best Marvel movies I've seen.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

juan11

The Irishman.  It's fantastic.  Didn't seem like 14 hours at all.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

renfield

Society (1989)

It's so initially cheesy that I was completely unprepared for the A+ climax. Great documentary about the sort of stuff Hillary, Epstein and them get up to in pizza parlor basements and private islands.

jmucke

Quote from: juan11 on November 04, 2019, 07:06:47 PM
The Irishman.  It's fantastic.  Didn't seem like 14 hours at all.

It felt a bit like your favorite band going back on tour after 20 years and its kinda cool but also a bit of a greatest hits nostalgia show. The cgi-de-aging did not really work. But the last 30 minutes were pretty good, adding something new to the formula.

stooge

i would like to see it but i'm scared because it's so long
my patience as well as my attention span gets worse the older i get
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

Plywood

The Lighthouse is good as the critical acclaim it's getting right?  I really want to see it... but don't want to pay or go alone.

Lumpy

I heard Parasite is really good - it's at the theaters now. Korean director who also directed The Host.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

renfield

Parasite is fucking great and another solid entry into Bong's anti capitalist propaganda (Host, Okja, Snowpiercer..)

Probably my 2nd favorite film of the year after the Tarantino

dnice

Finally got around to watching "Glass" this past weekend. I still have a faint soft spot for M.Night. When he's on, his movies are cool watching. When they are not ("The Happening") it's horrendous. I found Glass entertaining. Not great, but it sort of met my expectations and the ending wrapped up the story pretty interestingly. And of course, I find the Philly connection neat.

I've heard "Split" is better and plan to get around to check that out eventually.

Lumpy

I swore off any more movies by M.Night after "Lady in the Water" (and I haven't even seen that many).

I didn't know Host/Parasite director also directed Snowpiercer, which started off strong, and by the end I wanted to poke my eyes out.

renfield

mortlock

Black widow trailer looks killer.

dnice

Quote from: Lumpy on December 04, 2019, 06:15:55 PM
I swore off any more movies by M.Night after "Lady in the Water" (and I haven't even seen that many).

I didn't know Host/Parasite director also directed Snowpiercer, which started off strong, and by t
he end I wanted to poke my eyes out.

He really started to nose dive after Signs (which has aged only moderately well.) but I always liked Unbreakable, prob more than Six Sense. And Glass is the finale of a 3 part series after Unbreakable and Split. And I'd heard that Split was finally a good return actual solid writing. He had released a lot of shite in between.

neighbor664

Lumpy

I've never heard of that before (is that what the Fu Manchu song is based on?) If it's rated R does that mean Farrah Fawcett is naked in it?

RAGER

Looks like it's free on YouTube premium.
No Focus Pocus

neighbor664

Quote from: Lumpy on December 07, 2019, 10:36:24 PM
I've never heard of that before (is that what the Fu Manchu song is based on?) If it's rated R does that mean Farrah Fawcett is naked in it?

Yes sir.

RAGER

Looks like Kirk turned on the hot Fawcett.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

I should have been an astronaut.

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

kokojones

Say what you will about Escape From New York, but what other movie managed to cast Harry Dean Stanton, Ernest Borgnine, and Isaac Hayes together?  Not my favorite Carpenter score but the music held up for me way better than my childhood memories of Snake Pliskin on late nite HBO.

Adrienne Barbeau forever, though.

renfield

Quote from: kokojones on December 10, 2019, 02:44:45 AM
Say what you will about Escape From New York,

People have a problem with this film?

dnice

Quote from: renfield on December 11, 2019, 01:59:14 AM
Quote from: kokojones on December 10, 2019, 02:44:45 AM
Say what you will about Escape From New York,

People have a problem with this film?

prob my favorite Carpenter move, and my favorite Carpenter soundtrack. It still ages great. The movie is still gritty as shit. His presentation of atmosphere/mood/era was way ahead of it's time in this flick.

renfield

I can't say I prefer to THE THING but it's one of the greats for sure.