B-Movie Drive In

Started by peoplething, December 04, 2010, 08:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peoplething

Not sure how this topic will go over, but here goes.

For the last few months I've been checking out all sorts of B-movie films in the public domain. Winamp has a station dedicated to them. It's not bad, but can get really repetitive. A little while ago a found TVU, a P2P app (?) that streams all sorts of stuff, including B-Movies.

Last week I checked out a flick called 'Devil Obsession' which pre-dates, and influenced the writers of 'The Exorcist' in a HUGE way. If you haven't seen it, check it out, some scenes are damn near verbatim.

Anyway, if there's any other great B-movie stuff out there that you think should be mentioned, well... mention it.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

The Shocker

Just watched the documentary "Not Quite Hollywood" about Australian exploitation films.  Made me want to watch a lot of them, but Netflix only has a few.  I should do some more searching for them online...

lftwng4

Huge fan of exploitation films and B movies.  It's pretty much all I watch, and rarely anything after the mid-80s.

Been watching mostly Italian/European films of the 70s, personal favorites are Lady Frankenstein and anything Bava/Fulci/Argento.

MikeyT

Saw Lady Frankenstein on you tube a couple of months ago. That was a weird one.

peoplething

'Sleazy Rider' was on a few nights ago. Lots of naked 70's chicks but I'm still pretty confused as to the plot. Something about bikers seeking revenge on a sheriff?

Also saw 'The house next to the cemetery'. Basically a psychopathic mutant that lives in the basement and has maggots for blood kills people that live in the house. Why they just don't leave is beyond me.

Both are worth checking out if you dig crappy b-movies

boltthrow

People, I have been looking for "Sleazy Rider" for years.  The grind band DEAD used samples from it on an album and I've been obsessed.

"Won't you please fuck me?"

peoplething

it's a bizarre flick. during that scene, the chick is basically asking the bikers to fuck her, for some reason that might be important to the plot or the characters or something. anyway, one of the lines the lead biker uses to dismiss her charms is

"I like a bigger bush"

check out TVU, I'm pretty sure it was on 'nostalgia grindhouse', the version they were showing was a foreign (dutch?) subtitled one.

It seems TVU uses a key logger though - just so you know.

Jor el

TVU looks cool, but I don't have proper internets for such things at the moment.
What Would Scooby Do ?

foundry37

If you are into podcasts there is a great one called Mondo Movie. Couple of guys from U.K. who review a ton of great Mondo/B movie stuff.
My Netflix que and home DVD collection has grown because of this show.

colonic rocker

Mondo Macabro is a company dealing in obscure B Titles especially South East Asia, a few remarkable ones are Lady Terminator, For Your Height Only (Philipino midget secret agent!), and Mystics in Bali. All of these were available on Netflix.

peoplething

I saw Lady terminator a couple weeks ago, thanks for the recommendation.

Watching Space Giants now. It's a 50's era Japanese giant monster movie. (?) It's all sorts of weird, I don't smoke anymore, but if you do I highly recommend this bizarre film.

I have a new avatar because of it.

Jor el

That's a movie?
I remember seeing TV episodes.
Goldar? or Silvar? or something?
And Ugo Men that turn into mush?

I think.
What Would Scooby Do ?

peoplething

yeah, did some searching and it is a series. I've never seen it. And yep, Goldar Silver Gam, Rocket Boy, Rodak.

wow, is it bizarre.

It even has musical numbers.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

I used to watch Space Giants on TBS (or was it WTCG back then?) when I got home from school.  I've got the series on bootleg DVD.  One of my favorites... 

Jor el

Yeah. It must've been TBS.
I always thought it was nutty they had hair.
What Would Scooby Do ?

whoshotthefrog

If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

peoplething

Rana: Creature from Shadow Lake

Haven't checked out anything in the way of B-Movies in a while. This was a good one to get back into it. A cryptozoology movie from the 70's that has a an old Indian legend of frog people and treasure.

oh yeah, the frog-man monster burps baby frogs.

Saturday creature chiller theater for sure

diasdegalvan

Been checking a few B-movies myself too. My favorite thus far is Alucarda changed my avatar from an image in the movie. Saw Satanico Pandemonium another Mexican nunsploitation film made a few years after Alucarda wasn't as good.

Really want to see Thriller: A Cruel Picture but the slow motion shots in a trailer I saw looked kinda dumb.

The Shocker

Quote from: diasdegalvan on April 20, 2011, 12:56:53 AM
Been checking a few B-movies myself too. My favorite thus far is Alucarda changed my avatar from an image in the movie. Saw Satanico Pandemonium another Mexican nunsploitation film made a few years after Alucarda wasn't as good.

Really want to see Thriller: A Cruel Picture but the slow motion shots in a trailer I saw looked kinda dumb.

Thriller is interesting.  Hardcore inserts, SUPER slo-mo action scenes.  Seriously, you can fast forward through the action and it's still slow.

Quentin Tarrantino stole a lot from this movie.

SpaceTrucker

Watch "BLUE COLLAR" With Richard Pryor.

Its a bad ass movie.

peoplething

Just finished this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067229/

I guess this has a huge cult following, and I can see why. A dot indian playing a feather indian is the leader of a band of satanic hippies (?). They rape somebody, there's rabies, and eventually the whole town turns into a bunch of foaming jizzed mouthed lunatics (like a night at juan11's).   

the score is also hilarious, i.e. when they show the jizzed mouth black guy, spy hunter music rolls.

a must see

lftwng4

"I Drink Your Blood" isn't very good, but does have a certain charm that keeps me coming back to it several times.
Recently I've viewed:

The Castle of Fu Manchu
Blood and Black Lace
City of the Dead
Savage Weekend
Vengeance of the Zombies
Frankenstein's Castle of Freaks

and a couple Hammer Dracula films...

The Shocker

Savage Weekend, is that the Australian "nature attacks" movie?  If so, I liked that one.

Jor el

Savage Weekend

Hat pin in the ear and a girl strapped to a table saw and this is my brother Daryl and my other brother Daryl.

That's alls I remember from way back when I saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What Would Scooby Do ?