Superheroes on HBO

Started by GodShifter, August 11, 2011, 06:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodShifter

Has anyone else seen this documentary? Absolutely hilarious.

Deals with "real life" superheroes around the country. Easily, the biggest collection of dorks I've ever seen outside of, probably, a Fantasy Convention. "Mr. Xtreme" lives out of a van in San Diego, for instance. Some other fat dude and his wife patrol Portland ("Zetaman" & "Apocalypse Meow") giving out bags with lip balm and toilet paper (among other things). Funniest dude is "Master Legend" from Orlando, Fla. In between bouts of crime fighting he breaks for a nice, cool Busch Light tallboy. Recommended viewing.

The Bandit

I keep meaning to record it.  There was a time where I didn't miss an HBO doc, but there's just too much on now.

giantchris

I'm an hour into it and I'm finding it strangely compelling.  A lot of these guys have some really clear mental disorders.  In a lot of ways its really sad you can tell a lot of these guys were abused as children and can't cope with it.  That being said its also fucking hilarious. 

The Bandit

Fuck yeah, Master Legend is the best!  Drinking beer, trying to pick up chicks, punching his fridge.

"Currently I am the only member of the Xtreme Justice League, but we are recruiting."

"So you have a girlfriend?"  "Eh, I was just metaphorically speaking."

Awesome.

GodShifter

Yeah, "Vigilante Spider" probably provides the most unintentional laughs of the whole thing. Master Legend is a born comedian and seems like a pretty cool dude. "Mr. Xtreme" is a sad case.

Worthless Willie

Master Legend would be a pretty mint band name.

I really enjoyed that documentary.  Well done.

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

giantchris

Quote from: Worthless Willie on August 16, 2011, 11:38:46 PM
Master Legend would be a pretty mint band name.

I really enjoyed that documentary.  Well done.

http://www.myspace.com/video/the-master-legend/master-legend-guitar-solo/107071024
Master Legend already is a band name because Master Legend plays guitar.

Almost 100% sure that is him there was a Rolling Stone article about him a couple years ago.  He had a band where his side kick Ace played drums and he played guitar. 

GodShifter

He's in a bit better shape there than in the documentary. I don't know, something about that looks wrong ... not sure what.

Makes me wonder when that was put on video..

giantchris

Quote from: GodShifter on August 18, 2011, 09:00:06 AM
He's in a bit better shape there than in the documentary. I don't know, something about that looks wrong ... not sure what.

Makes me wonder when that was put on video..
Fairly sure it is him thats apparently an old video he changed his costume. 

Worthless Willie

What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith