Drive

Started by giantchris, September 17, 2011, 02:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giantchris

Saw this at a midnight show on Thurs night.  Fucking awesome movie.  Same director as Valhalla Rising which a lot of people on here seem to have liked. 

The opening chase scene is fucking genius.

ez

FWIW, I hated Valhalla Rising and loved this one.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

GodShifter

I hated Valhalla Rising, too. I thought it was a miserable mess. It was a movie that had great potential but failed to capitalize on it and, instead, ventured into a mystical, confusing blunder of a movie.

Drive, on the other hand, was masterful. It leaned a little heavily on the (overly) understated character of Gosling and, to an extent, Michael Mann's Heat, but, otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed it and positively loved the soundtrack by Cliff Martinez.

bitter

Quote from: GodShifter on December 12, 2011, 12:17:19 PM
I hated Valhalla Rising, too. I thought it was a miserable mess. It was a movie that had great potential but failed to capitalize on it and, instead, ventured into a mystical, confusing blunder of a movie.

Nicely put.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

giantchris

That soundtrack really fit the movie perfectly.  The opening chase scene is so great I can't get over it.  It was like watching a chess match its a totally different way of doing a chase that I haven't seen before.

I,Galactus

Quote from: PaulJamieson on December 14, 2011, 01:39:41 AM
The movie was OK, because I expected lot from this movie and the movie fails up to my expectation.

Spam always fails up to my expectations.  Smoot!
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"