Home audio help!

Started by Damocles74, December 09, 2011, 12:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damocles74

I want surround sound ;) How do I hook up my lcd flat tv (digital audio output) to a vintage Kenwood receiver?
           Digital audio output is a single orange cable

Kenwood receiver (aux) inputs are the analog red/white.

(yes, i've already tried every possible combination of red/white to red/white on the tv, but it doesn't recognize it)
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

grimniggzy

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Audio-Analog-Converter/dp/B0013LWK3A
found this after a quick google search, there has to be something like it thats a little more affordable.

Damocles74

tried radio shack and best buy...nuthin'. Guess I'll have to order it online ::)
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

juan11

Your vintage receiver has surround sound?  Doesn't look it from the outputs.

Just go analog out to analog in.  Red & White.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

The Shocker

Quote from: juan11 on December 09, 2011, 03:17:15 PM
Your vintage receiver has surround sound?  Doesn't look it from the outputs.

Just go analog out to analog in.  Red & White.

Yep, need a different receiver for for surround sound.

juan11

Just use a .99ยข Store RCA cable and enjoy it.  It will sound good, just not surround.  You won't gain anything converting the digital out.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

Damocles74

Whatever sound.... :-X I just want whatever I'm playing on my tv to be heard through Kenwood and model 6 cabs.

I tried straight analog rca red/white on receiver to red/white on the lcd input and still nothing? Tried looking in the menu for stereo settings and still only tv speakers work.
      There's too many damn colored inputs on that tv panel (blue, green, red, white, yellow, orange!)
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

The Shocker

Quote from: Damocles74 on December 09, 2011, 09:29:50 PM
Whatever sound.... :-X I just want whatever I'm playing on my tv to be heard through Kenwood and model 6 cabs.

I tried straight analog rca red/white on receiver to red/white on the lcd input and still nothing? Tried looking in the menu for stereo settings and still only tv speakers work.
      There's too many damn colored inputs on that tv panel (blue, green, red, white, yellow, orange!)

Analogue output on TV to Analogue Input on receiver (Aux).

Damocles74

All the colored rca inputs on the lcd tv are for video alone. They are marked video 1, video 2, video 3.
    looks like I need the converter after all :'(

http://www.google.com/m/products/catalog?hl=en&gl=us&client=ms-android-sprint-us&q=Digital+Audio+To+Analog+Audio+Converter&sky=mrdr&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=10276643677904820663&near=Bethel,%20CT&sa=X&ei=nDnlTtaxA4ri0QGjvJjmBQ&ved=0CD8Q8wIwAw

Works as expected B&H Photo-Video-Audio - Techno 1 - Feb 21, 2011 I purchased the GTV-DD-2-AA to be able to plug my new LED TV to my old surround sound receiver with no ptical input. The product works as advertised except for when watching streaming video over the internet (sound pops and cuts out for a few seconds). Contacted Geffen and they said it was the tv loosing audio signal for a moment. I can live with it for the short amount of time compared to the price of the component they said would fix it for an added $75
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

ez

I have that exact converter. It quit on me after a couple months. I'm sure your TV must have an analog out somewhere. otherwise you could always use a Y-cable and use the headphone out.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Shocker

What is your service provider? Cable, Satellite, or something else?  I thought most all of them have a box now (with audio outs).

Damocles74

Quote from: deaner33 on December 12, 2011, 03:35:31 PM
What is your service provider? Cable, Satellite, or something else?  I thought most all of them have a box now (with audio outs).

I don't watch tv; I don't have cable. I only need it for xbox and dvd's.
Redditor Lucis Aeternae