The Grey (Liam Neeson)

Started by gritty_fingers, January 28, 2012, 11:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gritty_fingers

I caught this movie earlier today. There were hardly any people in the theater so I wonder if it will do well at the box office. Its actually different than from the trailer which makes you believe that it is an action film. Its not really an action film per say; more of a introspective drama about the surviviors of a plane crash that has to deal with a pack of hungry wolves.

The first half of the movie was brillant. The second half was a bit weaker but ultimately it was better than what I expected. If you are looking for a typical hollywood movie, you will be disapointed. Its slow paced and methodical - the opposite of the typical hollywood blockbusters.

One more thing I have to say - It is definately one of the doomiest movies I have seen in a long time.
"Ginger People"

GodShifter

Interesting because the trailer made it look pretty bad.

mortlock

i think the film suffers from a dumb basic plot line..

The Shocker

Looks like a solid Netflix rental to me.

RAGER

Looks like a good theater pub move.  No matter how bad the movie is, it's always fun to sit in a historic theater with beer and pizza and a hot girl.
No Focus Pocus

gritty_fingers

Quote from: RAGER on January 29, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
Looks like a good theater pub move.  No matter how bad the movie is, it's always fun to sit in a historic theater with beer and pizza and a hot girl.

Well...I wouldn't call this a good date movie. Its very dark subject matter. But then again every woman is different.
"Ginger People"

RAGER

No they're not.  they're all crazy to some degree.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

if it gets you laid, its a great movie in my book..

CanookieWookie

The problem I have with this movie, is for the life of me I cannot get this out of my head everytime I hear him speak now....