The Last Jedi

Started by sleestak, December 15, 2017, 11:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

Quote from: Dylan Thomas on January 11, 2018, 10:16:19 AM
His noble sacrifice and becoming one with the force were one of the best parts of the movie.  Really, of ANY of the Star Wars movies.  Absolutely epic, iconic, powerful, resounding, triumphant in every way imaginable.  Fucking awesome way to go out, and further reinforces the themes that the force is for everyone, and the older generation has to get the fuck out of the way to make way for the new society.  Timeless, powerful, poignant and really captures the spirit of our own era in human history.

Please JJ Abrams, don't fuck up the finale with some feel good nonsense, keep moving in this direction!!!

Holy hyperbole!

Jor el

Make the jump to Hyperbole !

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

Quote from: Jor el on January 12, 2018, 07:55:02 PM

Make the jump to Hyperbole !

My brother up there already did.

Dylan Thomas

Hey, something has to be best, and that's it.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

GodShifter

RacerX

So this flick is part of some franchise-film thingy like Saw?

If so, I won't watch this until I've seen The First Jedi.
Livin' The Life.

neighbor664

^An origins of the Jedi, prequel to the prequels? I could totally see that being a thing someday. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dylan Thomas

???  I thought that everyone was aware of the Jedi's origins, I mean, it's right in the Jedi handbook!!

Dylan Thomas

I actually think there are some concepts they could expand in some kind of Force/Jedi origins storyline.  There's a bulk of great material: Typhon and the Ashla/Bogan, Mortis and Father/Son/Daughter, the mysterious planet of the Five Priestesses, Korriban and the Sith origins, etc.  I'd love to see them do a bunch of shorter pieces/segments within a longer film offering insights and further expansion of some of these potential storylines.

renfield

Quote from: Jor el on October 14, 2019, 10:36:55 PM

He is not better than JJ, and JJ is terrible.

I don't, like, vehemently disagree or anything.. I would say that there's nobody behind the wheel in a bigger sense and that's what's made this trilogy probably unsalvageable. My top 10 biggest crimes in Disney Star Wars would be pretty evenly distributed between eps 7 and 8.

Both also had moments that I can't deny I love, but they don't contribute to a larger emotional project. It's really frustrating. It's going to be really embarrassing when 9 comes out and it becomes apparent that those stupid fucking Marvel movies stuck the landing better with ENDGAME in certain important ways.

mortlock

the best thing to happen to star wars after the original 3 movies was the solo movie. nothing else comes close.

renfield

The last 30 minutes or so of Rogue One kick the shit out of anything in Solo in my opinion

mortlock

Yeah rogue one was damn good. I like the spin off movies better than the trilogy movies.

socket

The name origin of Solo was the best part. (I did like Rogue One and Solo, though)
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.