It Comes At Night

Started by Dylan Thomas, June 16, 2017, 10:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan Thomas

What.  The. Fuck.

No, seriously.  What.  The.  Fuck.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

Jor el

Is that a Good What The Fuck or a Bad What The Fuck ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

Without spoilers, can we elaborate more? I almost went and caught the matinee the other day

Dylan Thomas

It's really hard to elaborate without spoilers, quite honestly.

Let's just say that nothing about this movie is what you think.  It's dark, and it's bleak, though it's more a psychological thriller than a horror movie.  The theater was dead silent when it ended, everyone was bummed out.  It's one of the most depressing films that I've seen as of late, like Melancholia level of bummers.

I left the movie profoundly disappointed, as there aren't any real answers to what happens in the movie.  There's no certainty about anything, except when someone is dead. As I talked it over with my friends for the next couple hours, the movie took on a whole new dimension.  It definitely makes you think, and it paints an interesting picture of humanity, deliberately from the characters' points of view.  It draws you very deeply into their worldview, which is a very scary place in and of itself.
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

EaterofBirds

I have read on it...I saw the  trailers as ambiguous as they are, i know I have to see it..I've read it's not a "horror" film, but a film about deep-rooted paranoia. That's what I know...

I've also read quite a few that make the bold statement, "I feel bad for those that didn't "get" it"

...and then go on to read many are still talking about it. It sounds exactly like it's up my alley.

Lumpy

Um, it's good, it's not great IMO. I don't want to say anything about it, I think it's better (for people who might see it) the less you know, going into it. I don't even wanna put info under a spoiler. I would say it's a little under-developed though. Also, no idea why it's called "It Comes At Night".
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.