True detective

Started by RAGER, January 12, 2014, 11:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelZodiac

Holy shit, that was intense.

Now did I understand it correctly that the dude, the boyfriend of that very first victim Rust found in the files, was a cell mate of the husband (that piece of shit they interviewed in the first ep) of Dora Lang? The mumbling & southern accent didn't help.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

jmucke

Thats what I understood too. What I didn't get was how they find out his whereabouts. Thought he jumped bail or something and was missing.

ez

They've got a list of friends and relatives and they put out an APB on him. I don't think they know his exact whereabouts yet.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jmucke

Yep, you are correct. Did some recap-reading: They went back to the prison to interview the boyfriend about his cellmate, not to the methlab or whatever it is in that last scene.

The Shocker

I have a snow day tomorrow, plan on watching all three again in a mini-marathon.

JkFlesh

Fucking fiending for episode 4, goddammit!!!!!!!!!!   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

The Bandit

jmucke

Same here and I probably won't find time to watch it before Tuesday or Wednesday.

MichaelZodiac

I hope/think shits will hit the fan.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

Only 8 episodes so it's half over  :'(
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I can follow any of these shows I think I need to put aside the Internet  I believe we are back in business on Sunday.  Sunday is too crowded

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Instant Dan

The last ten minutes.

This show is going to sweep the awards next year.

The Bandit

That show took a big turn into an action movie.  Very intense!

retardgroove

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on February 07, 2014, 07:24:30 PM
Sunday is too crowded

True. Last night for me was True Detective, Shameless, House Of Lies, Episodes, Walking Dead, and downloaded the Brit Top Gear. I get it all in on one night and have nothing to watch the rest of the week.

sleestak

A bit of Melvins in there as well.  Really expected a twist but this show appears to be going the linear route.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

OUTLANDAH

Anyone catch sleep's holy mountain and some Melvins tune on last night episodes? Not to mention Primus and Lucinda Williams.

MichaelZodiac

I saw the ep but didn't hear Sleep or Melvins. Need to check it oot again then.

Drinking, drugs & weapons sure seem like a good idea to them.

Nolan

JkFlesh

So fucking good.  The best thing on tv right now.

The scene in the projects would've been intense enough, but then they went ahead and shot all that carnage in a single take!  Fucking incredible.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, that full erupting battle scene was nuts, I like how he knew it was going to go wrong and just acted when it did.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Bandit

That's because he is a man of action.

RAGER

ink and cayenne to look like a junkie huh?  might use this for Phillip Seymour Hoffman costume for halloween.
No Focus Pocus

jmucke

Fuck, that was great. I have to rewatch the end to see how long that shot is.

The Bandit

I heard an interview where the director said they had added a couple of cheat points in that scene where there could be cuts, but they didn't need them - it was a single take. 

RAGER

They're not gonna pull some mid season break bullshit like The Walking Derp are they?
No Focus Pocus

jmucke

I love how they established a slow, brooding pace over three episode and then go hog wild during episode 4. Some might call it uneven, I think its great. I really hope that Pizzolatto and Fukunaga pull this off and bring the story to a satisfying end.