X-Files 2016

Started by sleestak, September 29, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

My favorite show ever.   Reboot looks promising but only doing 6 eps I hope they do it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

socket

CS fucking M is ALIVE?!?!
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Jor el

When does this happen ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

sleestak

January is when it starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

It was better when it took itself too seriously...now its not taking itself seriously at all, self-mocking itself. The trashman episode notwithstanding, I'm just waiting for this tripe to end.

Jor el

If you would rather watch the original episodes I believe they are available for viewing.

What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

I actually own the box set, so big fan of the original..this just feels like a forced steamer. Seems they forgot how to act as well? Not that either were standouts, but the wooden thing isnt working and the editing is terrible. In a time of better than average writing coming out of cable shows, this one is a clunker.

Seeing as the films were pretty poor, wondering if Carter was a flash in the pan

eoin_not_ian

I've watched the first two episodes of the new series. It is pretty good, but only because I watch it directly before watching Gotham which is pretty bad.

sleestak

I am kinda bummed that rather than make this part of the whole series that this is essentially a reboot.  None of the super soldiers, rebel aliens, syndicate is involved anymore?  Pretty big leap that CSM survived a missile attack to the face as well.  Why not make him a supersoldier?  Left a lot with 2 pretty dumb episodes in the middle.  I enjoyed all 6 but wasn't this kind of billed as the series that would have brought some resolution to the colonization storyline?  Also the final episode had next to NO Mulder/Scully dialogue.  Come on.

On the bright side they alluded to the fact that the new redhead was into kink so there's that.

socket

Yeah 1st, 2nd, and 6th were OK. The other 3 were trash. I hate the plot that it was all faked. Fucking stupid.

Jor el

I found it rather refreshing.

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Everything was too glossy and choreographed and ultra cheesy. I enjoyed watching it. But a lot of it was trash.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Exactly. Thank you.

socket

Looking back at my posts I feel like a schizo... I DID like the new season, but it definitely didn't do much for me, REALLY. I am just a super negative fuckface most of the time. Some fanservice, and even that was lame. The X-Files was a ritual for me (and our very own Sleestak!) for years. So that aspect of it felt good, I guess.

sleestak

It's my favorite show ever next to Deadwood.

TannisRoot

Total train wreck that last episode was. I'm not a super fan but I enjoyed seasons 1-5. Just no sure how they can fail so hard given all that money.

These new episodes were garbage level fan fiction. Hated Einstein and whatshisface. Mulder and especially Skully were wooden as hell - like they were collectively running on 3 hours of sleep for the whole season.

That said when the X-Files were good, they were really damn good.

sleestak

In hindsight they should have just made a fucking movie instead of lying and acting like they were going to finish the conspiracy elements of the lore.  They didn't do that at all.  They erased history and rebooted it in super vanilla way.  If they made more I would watch them but it's venturing very close to what would be a hate-watch.

sleestak

Whoa.   They fixed it.

sleestak

If you've ever been a fan you need to watch last weeks episode "The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat" but so far it's all been good.

Jor el

Fan-Fucking-Tastic

What Would Scooby Do ?

Jor el

I don't want to sound like an insane person -

...but, this is prolly their most solid season.

What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

I think it's just you and I in here but yes.