Twin Peaks.

Started by GeeZa, June 13, 2017, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeeZa

Is anyone watching the new season? It's on Showtime (I'm leeching a friends account) but fucking hell. It's exactly like being on drugs or at least quite drunk and sleepy. I mean this is totally OUT THERE. Every episode thus far has been a kaleidoscopic mind burner.

lftwng4

Yeah, my wife and I have seen the first 4 episodes, have 2 waiting to watch. 
We both like it, but it's a show where one needs to be committed to watching it without any outside distractions.  I'm cool with whatever Lynch wants to do, and it does capture the quirky, weird, funny, etc of the old series.  Of course, I think the original is fantastic, and you can never go back, but I don't mind.  Kind of fun trying to figure out who is who, and where they fit in to the original story. 
But as loath as I am for "reunions" or continuances, I think it's pretty entertaining.  So far, I'd give it a "B" or "B+". 

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

lftwng4

Episode 16 was great.  I think when Cooper said "I am the FBI" my wife stood up and cheered. I choked up when he was thanking his family for their love.  You knew that he really meant that shit. 
This show is fantastic, and they're wrapping things up nicely.  This weekend is the final two episodes, and I have faith I will not be disappointed. 
At this point, I don't know if Lynch is the greatest director, or if MacLachlan is the greatest actor, or if it's that "whole is greater than the sum of the parts" thing, but, IMO, there cannot be enough accolades for this show. 

renfield

Best thing David Lynch has ever done, the culmination of his post-LOST HIGHWAY nightmarefucklogic instincts tempered by a need/desire/whim to employ television tropes and cliches. I'm happy to try and puzzle through part 18 with anybody who's interested.

Muffin Man

wathcing the latest series dvd marathon. So far..weird

renfield

I find it so fucking mind boggling that this 3rd season even exists, and in such an uncompromised form. We don't deserve it

stooge

way too weird
liked the original 2 seasons (1 way more than 2) a bunch but this is just too far out and actually very boring
it's like listening to tangerine dream
where is the effort?
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

renfield

It's one of the greatest cinematic achievements in history and the culmination of Lynch's entire career. Effort? You might want to check your facts.

stooge

Quote from: renfield on March 08, 2019, 07:56:40 PM
It's one of the greatest cinematic achievements in history and the culmination of Lynch's entire career.
may well be
i still fell asleep while watching though
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

renfield

I'm just busting balls but yeah, I really loved it and I think it's really cool they let Lynch go full Lynch with it. My buddies and I debated the shit out it, using weed + the Twin Peaks Wiki as our decoder ring or whatever. Tons of theories and interpretations. And it's not JUST weird and hallucinatory, I think it tells a really powerful and devastating story..

Muffin Man

Just started watching this for the first time, all in marathon style, if I can do it. DVD set here, I'm 15-20 minutes in. Well, it's great. Reelly love the sounds, lighting, definitely some Dune so far?, which I rate as an A-grade film. This one though, David Lynch "creepy" so far...

edit:  added This one though, David Lynch "creepy" so far... 30 minutes in. Bye