Netflix Thread

Started by EaterofBirds, February 12, 2018, 10:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaterofBirds

Didnt see one.

Ozarks---dug it a lot
Altered Carbon...Not my bag, well, let me rephrase it...well made sci fi is my bag.

Caught myself scouring it last night. Tried out The End of The Fucking World. Not bad...think I watched 3 episodes inside of an hour. Weird format, otherwise dark and slightly humorous. Not sure Ill make it all the way.

I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore is a good, under the radar, fun flick. Macon Blairs directorial debut [Green Room, Blue Ruin]

Cloverfield Paradox I shut off 45 mins in. What a pile of shit.

Speaking of Blue Ruin/Green Room...Jeremy Saulnier's next one set to drop on Netflix in March, "Hold the Dark". Cannot wait...

Annhilation was supposed to be straight to Netflix, but now seeing its getting a theatrical release. Go figure.
Next up: Ritual.

retardgroove

EaterofBirds

Good to know, maybe I pass over it. Finding the "gems" are getting harder to find in there lately.

Watched Wheelman last night after many attempts to get out of the first half hour and finally finished it. Filming spot on...Script was written by a 14 yo but it was a fun "check your brain at the door" attempt at a "car" film. Few good spots in there...

EaterofBirds

Interesting article.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/02/09/netflix-continues-to-bail-studios-out-buys-up-universals-unwanted-extinctio

it's all part of this power play Netflix is making that's going to continue as distribution evolves over time. In the near future, it's not hard to imagine we'll consume content based almost entirely on audience interaction, quality of the finished product not so much damned, but a distant second concern as a movie's success is measured in coveted (mostly secret) subscription data, instead of tangible box office dollars.   

stooge

ozark is my favourite netflix show so far
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

GodShifter

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

stooge

Quote from: GodShifter on February 14, 2018, 05:25:15 PM
"Ritual" sucked.
just watched the trailer
kinda like blair witch project which is the most boring movie ever
so no thanks
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

johnny problem

The OA
Bloodline
Mind Hunter
Sense 8
F is for Family
Santa Clarita Diet

I thought all of these were excellent.

EaterofBirds

I almost finished Bloodlines, think I have 3 left, but yes good watching.

Mind Hunter is excellent. I need to get back into the few Black Mirrors I have left. The "Star Trek" episode from this recent season is awesome.

amadkins

Jor el

LOST IN FUCKING SPACE ?

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Been watching Rectify.  Like it.

EaterofBirds

Quote from: The Shocker on March 23, 2018, 02:41:46 PM
Been watching Rectify.  Like it.

Me and my girl started that when it was originally rolling on Sundance Channel...she liked it more than I died. A real slowburn, southern fried, slow-motion melodrama. She made it all three seasons (I think it was 3?) I made it two.

I adore the girl who plays his sister...chick is beyond sexy. Her leaked cellphone vids are life altering.

neighbor664

whoshotthefrog

When is Ozark returning?
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Muffin Man

On the Netflix 30 day trial will check out the above. Any additions/must see titles?

Lumpy

Did you see Stranger Things? It's kind of fun.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Muffin Man

Lumpy, I'll put that on next! Thanks.

Muffin Man

Liked the opening to ST, those kids can act! Reminded me of The Little Rascals "1920's) in a way, not the story line just the quality. I lost interest at episode 2-3 but will have to go back and see what it's actually about. Rhetorically; is it a superman thing or something? I'll have to find out.

Lumpy

It's like a tribute to the 80's horror movie cliches/80's culture in general.

Some of the episodes can drag, and Winona Ryder just screaming and crying for most of season 1 is a bit tiresome. Overall, it's pretty good though.

Disclaimer: i don't watch much TV.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

BurtMac

Quote from: Lumpy on November 22, 2018, 06:55:07 PMIt's like rangefinders for hunting are necessary and a tribute to the 80's horror movie cliches/80's culture in general.

Some of the episodes can drag, and Winona Ryder just screaming and crying for most of season 1 is a bit tiresome. Overall, it's pretty good though.

Disclaimer: i don't watch much TV.

Did anyone watch Outlaw King? Best Netflix movie I've seen to date. They also paid an homage to Braveheart which was great to see. You'll know what I mean if you've seen both movies.