Shit movies you've seen recently

Started by The Bandit, August 01, 2011, 06:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

I don't know why I keep watching M Night Shatupon movies, but I do.  Maybe a perverse thrill at seeing how far he's fallen.  This movie is shit, watch at your own risk.

GodShifter

A lot, unfortunately.

Insidious was pretty much crap. That's the most recent one.

Devil wasn't actually directed by Shyamalan though was it? Not that it makes a hair of difference, really.

GodShifter

^Oh yeah, there it is. Right in the fine print of the poster. Written and Produced

The Bandit

And it's From His Mind!!!!

Insidious got decent reviews, will most likely watch it, crap or not.

The Shocker

MacGruber.  It was shit, but kind of funny.

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

CanookieWookie

Hobo With A Shotgun. Pure stupidity.

The Shocker

But definitely fun.

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

CanookieWookie

I expected it to be along the lines of Machete...but it was nowhere as good as that. I really thought it was horrible.

EaterofBirds

really surprised anyone would even bother with M Night Sham movies at this point..I learned my lesson about 3-4 flicks back.

Hobo with a Shotgu was schlock, but fun movie. What did you expect? Never takes itself seriously..

The Ledge <------stay far away from this piece of shit..watched it on a 'blind' on demand purchase. One of the worst movies Ive seen in a few years

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

Pundan

I watched this crap recently:

But after watching:

It somehow got better. Totally recommend that you see them.

The Shocker

That poster for Troll 2 is a million times better than the movie.

Pundan

Quote from: deaner33 on August 25, 2011, 08:55:42 PM
That poster for Troll 2 is a million times better than the movie.
"You can't piss on hospitality, I won't allow it!"

Instant Dan

That beginning or setting up for Insidious I thought was good, it went downhill fast when it started revealing stuff.

The Shocker

Finally watched Insidious, boy was that a dumb movie.  Rose Byrne is hot though.

Instant Dan

Apollo 18, should have just downloaded it.

The Shocker

Is it essentially Blair Witch on the moon?  That's what the previews look like to me.

Instant Dan

Pretty much except less shaky cameras, I mean, FWIW, the plot itself is cool when you think about it as I find aliens much more sinister than ghosts/demons. Yet somewhere along the way, they screwed things up majorly. I guess Prometheus will be my next big hope as far as involving aliens and horror.

Yupr

That new Planet Of The Apes movie was pretty shitty.

GodShifter

Uh ... I saw this movie a couple of days ago and was flabbergasted. I had read good things about this movie here and other places, so I was expecting a full-on-awesome experience.

But, instead, I get a 2 hr and 22 minute movie that tried too hard to be edgy and dark, a ridiculous plot line that could have been concluded FAR earlier than it did, and plot contrivances that irritated me to no end. The basic, gritty violence and gore didn't bother me not one iota; in fact, I thought it was done well and made me grimace a couple times. So, bravo in that dept. However, as I said, I lost my patience with this movie due to the continual catch/release/more senseless violence/rape etc. Also, for the most part, not good acting and very little in terms of the storyline making us know who these characters are and, more importantly, really caring about them.

The Shocker

Quote from: GodShifter on September 19, 2011, 09:19:21 AM

Uh ... I saw this movie a couple of days ago and was flabbergasted. I had read good things about this movie here and other places, so I was expecting a full-on-awesome experience.

But, instead, I get a 2 and 22 minute movie that tried too hard to edgy and dark, a ridiculous plot line that could have been concluded FAR earlier than it did, and plot contrivances that irritated me to no end. The basic, gritty violence and gore didn't bother me no iota; in fact, I thought it was done well and made me grimace a couple times. So, that was done well. However, as I said, I lost my patience with this movie due to the continual catch/release/more senseless violence/rape etc. Also, for the most part, not good acting and very little in terms of the storyline making us know who these characters are and, more importantly, really caring about them.

See I liked it because of the violence and I was fascinated at how the agent getting revenge was not concerned at all about any collateral damage he was causing.

GodShifter

Yeah, for me, I guess, there was just too much, "hey, remember when we were a badass murder team?", "hey, you sick fuck! you're a cannibal!", "hey, we're almost family, do you realize what you're doing here?", "hey, you really fucked up this time, you don't know who you're dealing with because, obviously, I'm a badass serial killer!", "hey, let's go to our son's house, who we hate, and haven't seen in years, because if we open his door, his head will get chopped off" type of thing.

/ ::)mehz

The Shocker

Oh, plot holes?  Yeah there's plenty, but almost all Asian movies have them. 

Sprague Dawley

Life (2017) **SPOILER**

Life, wft, shouldve called it fucken Death.

Total Alien ripoff here. Haven't these brainiac astronaut scientist fuckwits seen Alien? The major motion picture? Why bother making exactly the same fucken movie again? FFS, if you've got a microscopic petris dish with a little martian microbe cunt dancing around in it you don't give it a cuddle and yammer on with the "oh isn't it cute" bullshit when OBVIOUSLY within minutes the fucking thing will be a space Kraken motherfucker from hell feasting on your bewildered entrails then toodling off to terrorise the rest of your stupid spaceship. "Heyyy, he was so cute a minute ago..."

Fuck this shit, I actually gave up on the film 30 minutes in after the first astronaut got Squidy McMarscunt right down his fucken cakehole. Dead in seconds. Not watching the Kraken octopii freakazoid get exponentially bigger while chasing you genius space wallies around your doomed fucken space ship. You tried killing him with fire (they named the little shit "Kalvin". FFS, his name is KRAKEN) and that just made him angrier. That's it, i'm out, fuck this shit. Someone tell me how it ended. Let me guess, Jake Gesundheit is the only survivor by virtue of becoming chatty pals with the surprisingly highly intellectual Squidy McMarsmurder who, it turns out, just wanted to be loved. Then Jake sidled up to his newest space pal, gave him his very best dewey-eyed chummy smile and then slyly stabbed spacecunt right in his squidy groin gristle, roll the credits.