The Walking Dead

Started by Jor el, December 06, 2010, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

I really enjoyed the first episode....
Fantastic FX/makeup - Nicotero is phenomenal.

It just kinda turned into a regular TV show with zombies.
What Would Scooby Do ?

sleestak

I was a bit let down with the final two episodes of this season.  I mean... it doesn't get more michael bay than that explosion.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Mr. Blue

It's better than most of the shit on television these days. 
3 reasons why James said that his Black Sabbath record was important:
"First it scared the shit out of me. Second, it crushed the fuck out of all the peace'n'love'n everything's groovy bullshit that was still hanging around in the early seventies. And third, my friends moms wouldn't let them own it

chlorpromazine

It is my favorite show on TV right now. It sucks that we only got six episodes in the first season. Word on the street is that the next season will run 13 episodes, but won't run until Fall 2011.

Yeah, they could have turned the cheese factor down on that CDC explosion. The graphics in that sequence were fairly shitty, too.

ez

I really hope they stick more to the comic in the coming season. The weakest parts of the show so far are when they deviate from the book. Case in point: the whole CDC thing was pretty damn stupid, as was that encounter with the caretaking gangsters - neither storyline was in the comic.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

socket

Yeah, the 1st episode was a tease.  It seemed way better than it is. 

A boring show with zombie subject matter... Not even a zombie show.

I'll admit that I know nothing about the comic.  I still like the show I just thought I was going to like it more.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

ez

I said it in the old thread and I'll say it again: the comic is about the interactions of a bunch of people set in a zombie-infested world. the zombies themselves are secondary really. there are issues and even series of issues where you don't see a single zombie.

That being said, I kind of doubt the TV series is going to get close to the comic's portrayal of the individual characters' depth and development. Or even be able to convey the general bleakness of the comic for that matter.

But I'll still watch it when it returns next fall.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

StonedAge

The problem with that is the interactions between the characters are terrible. If the zombies are going to be secondary at least make me care about the characters

ez

Can't say I disagree with that. Up till now only the Shane character has been slightly interesting, and maybe the Dr. Jenner character.

I think the TV series is still not quite sure what it's supposed to be.

socket

Yeah they're probably doing some stupid market research before they figure out what to do....

I really got a bad taste with the Gangster Hospital part and the CDC thing was just plain stupid.  Oh well.

I hope they figure out that those parts were terrible.  I don't mind not seeing any zombies, but most of the characters suck.  I'm not giving up on the show, but I am not expecting much anymore.

Ranbat

Didn't the comic tell the stories of different characters not establish a group that was followed through the whole series? Which I think could work on a season by season basis, but then you gotta restart every season and if they end up with a cast people connect with, they're not gonna want to risk losing that.
Meh :/

ez

The core group was pretty much set within the first couple issues. But the comic never shied away from killing off main characters. It'll be interesting to see if the show holds to that.

CanookieWookie

Never knew it was a comic.

As far as it as a show, I like it alot. Better than anything I have watched in a long time.  However i'm no TV whore.

The Shocker

Quote from: willb on December 20, 2010, 09:52:42 PM
However i'm no TV whore.

I am and the show is fair at best.  If it didn't concern a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't be watching.  I love zombies so much I'll put up with most anything with this show.

ez

Quote from: deaner33 on December 21, 2010, 02:51:59 PM
Quote from: willb on December 20, 2010, 09:52:42 PM
However i'm no TV whore.

I am and the show is fair at best.  If it didn't concern a zombie apocalypse I wouldn't be watching.  I love zombies so much I'll put up with most anything with this show.

This.

socket

Yeah.  I'm no TV junkie, but I will stick with it because, well, zombies rule.

CanookieWookie

I'm sure for you fella's, it'll only get better. For me, it's perfect so far.

EaterofBirds

This series started out great and fell right on it's face. The ratings bottomed out and the season finale was a pile of dogshit.

I read somewhere, that all the writers were canned and they brought in all new ones for next year. Can only hope this is true. I watched it, but not with much enthusiasm

Anyone get to catch Dead Set? Now THAT was a great series

Jor el

Dead Set wasn't all that great.
What Would Scooby Do ?

EaterofBirds

well, no..I guess it wasnt all that great, but i watched them around the same time, and Dead Set delivered the goods, where the other wasnt

The Horde is pretty good. French zombie film. Watched it a few weeks back

peoplething

In honor of zombie day we're checking out the first season. The first episode is right now, with dude in the hospital.

ooo scary.

but, in the first 20m they already gave the show an end?

by that I mean, guy wakes up in the hospital after weeks and some weird zombie stuff happens?

I dunno, maybe it's a lost ending.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

Jor el

It's all downhill from there.
What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Quote from: Jor el on April 24, 2011, 10:59:49 PM

QFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanookieWookie

Quote from: Jor el on April 24, 2011, 10:59:49 PM

No way. This show is great. Each episode is damn good.

socket

Quote from: willb on May 11, 2011, 04:12:46 PM
No way. This show is great. Each episode is damn good.

It sucks almost as much as the Habs. :-P

Joking, anyway, I think the show is good overall but I think the first and 2nd were really good and the others were ok, and the last was the dumb one.  So although an overall good show I do think it's a downward slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk