Started by Jor el, December 06, 2010, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanookieWookie

Noooooooooooo.  Hahaha.

I think it will only get better.

I actually really liked the last one.

I look forward to the 2nd season.

EaterofBirds

here you go, the first link is old news now..but here's some clues for the upcoming season

http://tv.ign.com/articles/113/1137550p1.html

* Filming is aimed to begin in May with an October debut.

* Apparently the survivors will attempt to take shelter in a prison.

* Despite changes in the first season's storyline to the comic, apparently they will go back to the source material for this season.

*Writer/producer Frank Darabont is inviting the actors into the writer's room to pitch possible ideas for the new season.

*There will be no big time difference from season one to the beginning of season two. Season one ended with the cast fleeing the exploding CDC building in Atlanta. The new season will begin shortly after this explosion.

*They're hinting that Lori may be pregnant in the new season, causing more drama and friction between the Rick-Lori-Shane love triangle.

*Expect key characters to die, while new ones emerge.

*Lastly, don't expect an explanation to the zombie outbreak. "I don't know if we'll ever tell people how the zombies came about. I don't think it's important to the story which is about characters. When you delve into where they come from it delves into science fiction. It's not realistic for these characters to find out how this global problem came about. These are every day people dealing with these problems," says Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman.

CanookieWookie

peoplething

These are every day people dealing with these problems,

this is exactly why I lost interest in the series, and I've only seen the first four episodes. they don't sell anything remotely common to everyday people. Lemme splain: guy wakes up to zombie apocalypse,  loses wife and kid, goes to zombie central, his horse get's eaten, get's out of zombie central, finds wife and kid, decides to go back to zombie central to save an asshole racist dirtball.

there's not a father (or human FTM) on this planet that would do that.

And what the hell do the survivors do? Sit around the campfire, do laundry, get into fist fights, look for fuel and food, try to contact other survivors and have sex. I'd be endurance training like a mother fucker. I mean running a 2 minute mile while doing that street acrobat shit.

And why the hell are they concerned about ammo? That's considered a luxury in the post zombie apocalypse. I'd be training with swords, pikes, halberds, axes... all while doing my 83 second mile in full acrobatic style.   

one thing that is good about the series is they don't have fast zombies; they have the zombie lunge, but they aren't Olympians.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

The Shocker

I get tired of "noble" people on these shows.  I may be a coward, but I bet I'd last a lot longer than the "heroes".

Jor el

Twice the episodes at half the budget from last year.
Fired Frank Darabont.

What Would Scooby Do ?

grimniggzy

The trailer I saw for Season 2 actually looked pretty good. I already thought I'd probably give it a chance even though I thought everything but the first couple of episodes sucked.

giantchris

Quote from: Jor el on September 19, 2011, 08:53:52 AM

Twice the episodes at half the budget from last year.
Fired Frank Darabont.

I thought he quit in a rage over getting his budget halved so AMC couple pay the Mad Men creator a huge bonus for a lower rated show.  Walking Dead was their best ranked show by far just when I thought AMC might be becoming a cool network they go retarded.  Mad Men got old.

Jor el

AMC is fucking up royal.
They screwed with Breaking Bad as well.
What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

The Walking Dead better be good.  Why they would cut the budget in half goes beyond me.  One of the only shows I actually followed on TV.

bitter

We'll see in oct if the new season delivers. I dig the show but understand y'alls criticisms. I'm kind of indifferent about it. if it sucks i'll just walk away from the show.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Jor el

I saw the previews for next week / Season 2.
I realized why I ain't all that excited aboot it this time around.

I don't like any of the characters.
That's a problem.
What Would Scooby Do ?

grimniggzy

Quote from: Jor el on October 10, 2011, 01:05:52 PM

That's a problem.

I liked the black dude that was tearing shit up with the sheriff in those first couple episodes. Then he disappeared from the show when they split up and he went looking for his family.

The Shocker

To many stock characters that fit a formula. Lazy screenwriting.

Sent from my fuckin phone using Tapatalk.

VOLVO)))

I'm an avid reader of the comics, and for the most part, they have stayed semi-true. The show has left out some SERIOUS big issues, which pisses me off. If you notice the tension between Rick and Shane, that's a MAJOR part of the comic that they don't really convey well enough. Black dude is awesome, and has a really sad story, which is also left out of the show. His name is Morgan, if I remember correctly. I noticed at the end of the season, they started killing off arbitrary characters, ones not in the comic, so I think they may be getting back to the real story line. I can deal with less of a budget, because most of the comic isn't "visual" as it leaves most of the detail up to your mind. So, less of a budget may mean less bullshit CDC explosions, and more raw, gritty, dirty action.

The cholo geriatric care center was also a load of bullshit.

I was pleased with the first season, all this being said, I could have done without all of the bullshit, but I think it'll be alright in the second season.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

CanookieWookie

I liked the first season, and will give the 2nd season a fair chance.

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: Jor el on October 10, 2011, 01:05:52 PM

That's a problem.

It's kind of the same for me, too. It also looks as if Rick's son get killed at some point during the season, or at least thats what it seemed to me by watching the previews.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

demon gal

I watched the first two episodes of season one and gave up.

grimniggzy

Quote from: demon gal on October 11, 2011, 03:17:42 PM
I watched the first two episodes of season one and gave up.

Wish I had, they really were the best ones.
Since I stuck with it to the end waiting for something good to happen I pretty much have to at least check this season out.

The Shocker

Writers, could there be one character I could give a shit about please? Is that too much to ask?

PS: Besides killing zombies I'd be fucking that blonde chick that wants to kill herself.

bitter

The characters still don't quite sell it. Caving in zombie skulls with rocks was good though.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

The Shocker

Any time people are talking the show sucks. 

Jor el

I thought when the blonde told the old guy that he took away her choice to die was a pretty good scene.
.....but I was high as a kite.
What Would Scooby Do ?

ez

They have to stop deviating from the book as much. It's almost like Kirkman's doing it on purpose to change things up a bit. It didn't work last season, and I don't see it working this season.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?