The Walking Dead

Started by Jor el, December 06, 2010, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaterofBirds

So I have to read the comic/graphic novel to enjoy this? I dont know..if this was thrown together as a movie, it would be a failure.

It moves along too slowly. I get bored to tears with it after the initial zombie interaction. They keep doing that to keep you/me interested I suppose.

Its mediocre, yet again..(so far anyways) and hopefully doesnt circle the drain like it did last year

sleestak

I thought was really good and exceeded my expectations.  Different kicks I suppose...
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

VOLVO)))

How the FUCK do you not like Dale? or Daryll (who wasn't in the comic, at all?)
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

EaterofBirds

I like to complain mainly because of the hype that surrounds these new wave of series/shows.

After AMC dropped that shit ball  The Killing on us last year to fucking rave reviews out of the gate. One or 2 episodes does not make a series. Breaking Bad or Dexter for instance have strong enough writers.

Walking Dead had one great opening episode, and then the 'human interaction' crap took over. I hour episodes should not have 6 minutes of zombie love. I think it's the fact that it's on television perhaps? Maybe thats why? To put it in perspective, if Romero made a 2 hour zombie flick and it had 12 minutes of plodding/uneven zombies and 78 minutes of human feelings/touching stories/ boring interaction it would suck right? Thats where I'm at with it.

And if you have a team of writers they all should be on the same page if they are indeed writing separate episodes. It's written for the masses, I get that..so maybe thats why, it's dumbed down for easy consumption. I just think it's not that great, but I still watch, dont get me wrong..hoping

bitter

I don't mind the lack of zombie action, but the way they're doing it isn't really working. The human interaction still feels forced and unnatural. If they were really building these characters up and developing the story I wouldn't mind less zombies. At least then the pacing would make more sense. As it stands now, it is watchable but I'm not really in love with it. It lacks seriousness between character. Not very heartfelt overall.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

If any of you'se guys have read the comic, it is also pretty devoid of action. ZOMBIE BASHIN' isn't what it's all about, it's really about living life post-Z Day. There's still some action, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing like you guys were expecting. I think it's staying pretty true to the ideal that Kirkman originally set out to writing his comic with. It's deviated a fair amount from the books, but it still has the same general direction. They've started killing off people that weren't in the book already, if you noticed that hispanic guy and his family bailed, Merle is gone (MAJOR plot hole, if he doesn't reappear.)

Rick is kind of annoying, his "drama" is definitely forced as fuck. Shane's character is DEAD ON (hehe) to the book. Dale, and Andrea's dynamic is developing, Carl's getting more and more rebellious towards his situation, etc. If you notice when they're hiding, he smiles at his dad...

Kirkman approaches his writing with reality in mind. People die. Keep THAT in mind watching the show... If you do read the book sometime, make sure you read him and his editors responses to letters. The dude's a fuckin' genius.

Read the book, you guys will get a real good insight to the show.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

CanookieWookie

Is it a graphic novel? or a series of comic books?

Jor el

Comics that are also available in Volumes of six.
What Would Scooby Do ?

bitter

I heard about a novel that was just released as well. Titled The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

CanookieWookie

Quote from: Jor el on October 22, 2011, 08:47:42 PM

Comics that are also available in Volumes of six.

Thank You.

VOLVO)))

Gotta read the comics to find out who the governor is...

If you have loose morals, "google.com" the name + file sharing website that starts with MEDIA and ends with mans greatest discovery....

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

EaterofBirds

last nights episode!

sheriff running with child to house..**commercial break**

rest of group wandering woods...**commercial break**

2 left back at highway talk/look for drugs...**commercial break**

back to woods...still wandering.

back to house..still talking..

back to highway..still talking

**Commercial**

back to house for some more talking

back to woods for, walker killed

zombie scene at high school to get supplies/gear/run into building

The End

when does this western one they are pushing start again? this thing is a drag..

VOLVO)))

It'll come. I just caught up on the comics. Mind = blown

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jor el

I gotta say, this season is much better. The characters are a bit more likable.
Scott Wilson is awesome. 
However, the zombies don't look as good.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Yupr

Chill out, everyone. This is still a new show, they're experiementing with bringing it all together.

I'm loving the show. It's like the Sopranos of zombie invasion.

The Shocker

Quote from: Yupr on October 25, 2011, 09:20:37 AM
Chill out, everyone. This is still a new show, they're experiementing with bringing it all together.

I'm loving the show. It's like the Sopranos of zombie invasion.

2nd season does not make it a new show and I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to smite you for the Sopranos reference.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

grimniggzy

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 21, 2011, 10:57:05 PM
How the FUCK do you not like Dale? or Daryll (who wasn't in the comic, at all?)

I don't especially like Dale but Daryll is the shit. Also this show has really sucked but I'm too far along now, oh well.

The Shocker

Dale sucks.  Actually all of them do, but Daryll.  They need to bring Merle back soon.

grimniggzy

Yeah, actually he does kinda suck.

"All CLEAR from up here"

"...Wait, here comes a freeway full of zombies"

Loved when Daryll pulled out the stash from the chopper. Listed all the good stuff first.
"Let's see we got some crystal, X, some kick ass painkillers and oh these antibiotics to fix blackie's blood infection"

whoshotthefrog

Quote from: deaner33 on October 27, 2011, 10:02:18 AM
Dale sucks.  Actually all of them do, but Daryll.  They need to bring Merle back soon.

I agree. To be honest, there isn't one character on the show that i root for and/or really like. I wouldn't care if any of them got killed.
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

CanookieWookie

I woulda done the same thing.

The Shocker

I would probably do worse things.

Peter Holland

If you are interested in weird experimental rock kinda stuff, you all should check out the Los Angeles based group LIGHTSYSTEM....there's a funny, entertaining, cheesy "b-rated" syle short zombie film for the new single "Another Way To Step"...worth a watch!

http://youtu.be/mJx92nsdCus