MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Started by JkFlesh, May 12, 2015, 11:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

Box set has all the Max movies...unfortunately.
Also includes some making of stuff.

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Why unfortunately?  Only one of the movies truly sucked.

Jor el

Thunderdome shouldn't exist.

What Would Scooby Do ?

The Shocker

Yep, but even then it had a few good set pieces.  As I recall - not going back to check it out.

ez

To those thinking of buying this on Blu Ray, you'd do better waiting until they release a special edition with the B&W version and more extras.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

The Shocker

Jor el

Miller was trying to get a B&W version onto the release.

What Would Scooby Do ?

JkFlesh

Quote from: ez on September 02, 2015, 12:44:59 PM
To those thinking of buying this on Blu Ray, you'd do better waiting until they release a special edition with the B&W version and more extras.

I knew about Miller's plan to release the B&W version, but I'm such a Fury Road whore that I threw down $20 for this BluRay anyway without hesitation.  I'd rather buy two versions of this than a single copy of most movies, so.....

ez

I here you. The fact that a more extensive version might still be quite a while away has me itching to pull the trigger on the current BluRay.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Token

What the hell did I just watch? Bezerk movie, extremely fun.

juan11

Watched it last night, and so far, I agree with everybody.

Might watch it again.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

ron

I didn't even know there was a movie forum, so I'm new here. I watched this last night, and holy crap... I can't believe you people liked this!

You really need to see it with CC turned on, to appreciate how ridiculous the monosyllabic dialogue is. A lot of the words weren't even words.

Anyone who cares the least bit about things-with-engines (juan?!) should hate this, because the vehicles were all designed so poorly and unrealistically for survival. They were all designed for "looks", which doesn't make much sense in an apocalyptic world. Yeah, I know it's a fantasy story, but you might as well put flying cars in the script, because it's roughly just as realistic.
The chase scenes didn't make any sense- that war machine would have been toast in the first 10 minutes. Hello... flat tires? No one shot out a fucking tire?
There's one fucking tree in the desert and that measly thing was strong enough to anchor the tow-line and pull out the fucking war machine?
Spray paint your mouth silver (WTF?) before you die for the cause?

This movie looked like a real bad Burning Man trip, but with a lot less nudity.

I watched the whole thing because I was amazed at how absolutely horrible it was.
Focus on the riff.

GodShifter

The "spray paint" was actually a drug; a stimulant. Kind of a Beserker type of thing.

ron

Quote from: GodShifter on March 23, 2016, 05:14:42 PM
The "spray paint" was actually a drug; a stimulant. Kind of a Beserker type of thing.

That makes a little more sense. I guess I missed that detail.
Focus on the riff.

ez

Quote from: ron on March 22, 2016, 07:41:52 PM
I didn't even know there was a movie forum, so I'm new here. I watched this last night, and holy crap... I can't believe you people liked this!

You really need to see it with CC turned on, to appreciate how ridiculous the monosyllabic dialogue is. A lot of the words weren't even words.

Anyone who cares the least bit about things-with-engines (juan?!) should hate this, because the vehicles were all designed so poorly and unrealistically for survival. They were all designed for "looks", which doesn't make much sense in an apocalyptic world. Yeah, I know it's a fantasy story, but you might as well put flying cars in the script, because it's roughly just as realistic.
The chase scenes didn't make any sense- that war machine would have been toast in the first 10 minutes. Hello... flat tires? No one shot out a fucking tire?
There's one fucking tree in the desert and that measly thing was strong enough to anchor the tow-line and pull out the fucking war machine?
Spray paint your mouth silver (WTF?) before you die for the cause?

This movie looked like a real bad Burning Man trip, but with a lot less nudity.

I watched the whole thing because I was amazed at how absolutely horrible it was.

You obviously don't understand Mad Max  :D

In other news, I wonder when that promised special edition Blu Ray with the black and white version will come out - if it ever does.

black

Surprised this hadn't happened sooner;

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.